So, what is the new excuse going to be?

OTHAFA

Let's go on a little timeline of GNR fandom.

- Hammerstein shows are booked, fans believe a release date and tour will be announced here, kicking things off for the big comeback.

- Hammerstein shows pass, no release date, but a european tour is announced. THIS is obviously when unheard songs will be played and a release date will be announced, kicking things in motion for the forthcoming U.S. tour.

- European passes.. nothing happens.. oh well fuck that european shit, as we all know those were just the "warm up shows" - they're saving the BIG GUNS for the U.S. tour!!! They'll definitely announce everything at Inland Invasion, since it's their first show back in L.A. in 15 years.

- Inland Invasion passes, nothing happens (except a near riot)...well duh, the tour hasn't OFFICIALLY started yet, idiots! I'm sure Axl will make the OFFICIAL announcement regarding Chinese Democracy at the first tour date.

- First show occurs, nothing happens... oh well, that show sucked anyway! They're saving it for MSG. After all, New York is Axl's home away from home and there's sure to be something big happening there!

- MSG show takes place, nothing happens. SAME SETLIST. NO ALBUM NEWS.

So what's next? hmm.. I bet it will be when they return to L.A. in December! Ok, obviously they've played in L.A. already but that wasnt a REAL GNR show.. it was t he Inland Invasion with a bunch of other crappy bands. Since this will be an actual official GNR show, I'm SURE Axl will make a Chinese Democracy announcement then.

Let's go on a little timeline of GNR fandom.

- Hammerstein shows are booked, fans believe a release date and tour will be announced here, kicking things off for the big comeback.

- Hammerstein shows pass, no release date, but a european tour is announced. THIS is obviously when unheard songs will be played and a release date will be announced, kicking things in motion for the forthcoming U.S. tour.

- European passes.. nothing happens.. oh well fuck that european shit, as we all know those were just the "warm up shows" - they're saving the BIG GUNS for the U.S. tour!!! They'll definitely announce everything at Inland Invasion, since it's their first show back in L.A. in 15 years.

- Inland Invasion passes, nothing happens (except a near riot)...well duh, the tour hasn't OFFICIALLY started yet, idiots! I'm sure Axl will make the OFFICIAL announcement regarding Chinese Democracy at the first tour date.

- First show occurs, nothing happens... oh well, that show sucked anyway! They're saving it for MSG. After all, New York is Axl's home away from home and there's sure to be something big happening there!

- MSG show takes place, nothing happens. SAME SETLIST. NO ALBUM NEWS.

So what's next? hmm.. I bet it will be when they return to L.A. in December! Ok, obviously they've played in L.A. already but that wasnt a REAL GNR show.. it was t he Inland Invasion with a bunch of other crappy bands. Since this will be an actual official GNR show, I'm SURE Axl will make a Chinese Democracy announcement then.

Why the fuck would they change the setlist for MSG? They want the show to be a massive success, so they stick to what they are fucking good at, not the new stuff they hasn't even been tested yet.

Why the fuck would they announce the album at MSG? No official sources said there would be anything special happening at MSG.

The European tour and US tour so far have been undoubtedly successful, with more sold out shows to be played in the future. Hopefully, we will get an album release within the next couple of months as well.

It's wankers like you that make the people around here complacent of what they have, which is an awesome tour with the best fucking line up GNR has seen since Adler left.

There isn't going to be an 'excuse'. There's going to be an album released.

Harley-Davidson have an advert ready to roll featuring the Gn'R track Better. Harley are not going to hang around forever, they have their own schedule and the advert is getting older and older by the day.

Edited by dobadog

I don't recall anyone ever saying they were going to be making an announcement. :drevil:

EXACTLY....its your own fault if you set such high hopes, MSG was just a damn show. CD will come when the time is right. Dont start BS threads, c'mon. :no:

Edited by Kert

It was "just a show" but shouldn't have been. The crowd was electric, and while the performance was great, I think the crowd deserved a little more than what they got. I'm not going to complain, because the show was fantastic, and I had a blast, but I do feel Axl wasted an opportunity to do something special in front of the biggest crowd he is going to see in a long while.

I guess I wasn't expecting the set for New Jersey to be better than it was in MSG... :blink: Not to mention Axl seemed like he was in a much better mood in NJ.

I actually agree with OTHAFA to a point. I think it's strange that we haven't really heard anything at all in regards to the album. What I think is weird is that Axl never even mentions it. He never introduces the new songs as anything other than "Something for the downloaders out there." I mean, people claim Axl's still playing an Appetite-dominated setlist to appeal to the older fans who aren't aware of what's going on right now, so why doesn't he take this as an advantage? If he is playing for so many older fans he could promote the new album. "Old" fans going to these shows are going to know IRS and Better are new songs but when Axl doesn't even mention an album it does get a bit frustrating. These people may not even be aware that there's been any progress with the album or anything. Mentioning the title of the damn thing once in a while certainly can't hurt. I don't think I've heard Axl say the words "Chinese Democracy" for a long, long time. And when Merck discusses it, it's always "the new album."

I wonder if there's a reason for them trying to avoid actually naming the album? Do you think they want to change the title? (I don't think so, but it does seem odd that no one in the GN'R camp ever seems to actually call the album Chinese Democracy anymore.)

Anyway, back to this thread. It doesn't take much. Just something like, "And now, a new song from our upcoming album...this is BETTER!"

I'm hoping they have some elaborate plan but I think they need to stop trying to be dramatic and just start promoting the thing.

Edited by Estranged Reality

It was "just a show" but shouldn't have been. The crowd was electric, and while the performance was great, I think the crowd deserved a little more than what they got. I'm not going to complain, because the show was fantastic, and I had a blast, but I do feel Axl wasted an opportunity to do something special in front of the biggest crowd he is going to see in a long while.

I guess I wasn't expecting the set for New Jersey to be better than it was in MSG... :blink: Not to mention Axl seemed like he was in a much better mood in NJ.

Exactly. Why didn't he put the best performance /setlist for the show tonight ? This is the biggest stage and he will not have another atmosphere like this one for the rest of the tour. Not only that but New York has been so good to Axl , They are treating him as if he was one of their own. He had an obligation to put on an extraordinary show and extended setlist. He would have gauranteed himself the "best show at MSG this yr" if he would have done this. He should have made this show better than all 4 hammerstein shows put together instead it was less . Makes you wonder what are his priorites. This setlist was an insult to NY compared to the other shows in this tour . MSG deserved better. I hope he gets bad reviews

its your own fault if you set such high hopes

Yes, silly me for thinking Axl might mention his highly anticipated album at ANY of his concerts, let alone this high-profile MSG show. Y'know the album that is supposedly coming out within the next six weeks...? We expect far too much from Captain Willy Rose, don't we?

its our own fault we got our hopes upp.

I thauhgt were gone hear something new too, but Merck or Axl and so on never said "At the MSG were gonna tell you guys something big!"

He didn't have to make an announcement. They should have put on a better show , that is all. People were not expecting an announcement , they were expecting a bigger setlist . Read the fan reviews , show was good but not the best show of the tour . That should not have been the case .

How could one of the most expensive and hyped albums of all time be released in 6 weeks with no promotion as of yet? It's not going to happen. I'll be shocked if the album is released this year. They can't just do a media blitz a month before release. These things are meticulously planned and hyped over a period of time gradually to build awareness. It would not be good business sense to release CD this year, they would lose money. The album needs to be marketed for MONTHS. This is obviously conjecture, but these guys didn't fund a project to lose money. If they saw this through the end, they probably intend to get every last penny's worth out of CD. Hell I don't even think the fuckin album is done yet.

Look at the Axlites still fawning over him.

The truth is that they should not be touring AGAIN without the album. Some people will have seen GNR TWICE on a 'Chinese Democracy' tour in which the album has not been out.

It's ridiculous and pathetic that they continue to do this.

It was put up or shut up in 2002, now the band is irrelevant to the public at large and they have continually thrown chance after chance away.

Why the F4ck was it not released before this tour started? There isn't a masterplan, all there is is fear of it flopping.

Look at the Axlites still fawning over him.

The truth is that they should not be touring AGAIN without the album. Some people will have seen GNR TWICE on a 'Chinese Democracy' tour in which the album has not been out.

It's ridiculous and pathetic that they continue to do this.

It was put up or shut up in 2002, now the band is irrelevant to the public at large and they have continually thrown chance after chance away.

Why the F4ck was it not released before this tour started? There isn't a masterplan, all there is is fear of it flopping.

Maybe there is no album. We could be witnessing the biggest hoax in music history lol

There isn't going to be an 'excuse'. There's going to be an album released.

Agree. I don´t understand why people make up these kind of false hopes and then they aere pissed because of something that only them believe.

GNR are doing things their way and we can bitch,moan or have good or bad opinions but in the end all this talk is for nothing. Be patient, the word SOON is closer than ever :heart:

it seems very strange that that apperantly for such a monumental album as insiders claim like that turd bach and others who claim to have heard it and all that shit, then why the fuck arent axl and his band itching to get out there have the album released and blows us all away with these tunes something just isnt right.

We all know Axl & Co. don't do things to order - and some of the things that have been posted on various forums, are basically "orders" from the fans.

We all know too, that Merck etc keep an eye on the boards - so if they see umpteen posts with demands for this, that and the other, along with "The album date will be announced at such and such a show", then the chances are, it aint gonna happen!

Who know when the release date will be announced...indeed, IF it will be announced at all?! I wouldn't be surprised if no announcement was made!

People have to remember that all these posts about "This will be the show the release date is announced" are just speculation and expectation - nothing more. No one in the GN'R camp has ever hinted that any show will be a when they make a release statement, so they can't make excuses for something they haven't done!

Don't get me wrong - I've been a GN'R fan for the best part of 20 years now, and I'm as desperate as the next person to hear the finished product (hey, I want a bit more than just the release date! Lol! :lol:) but I'm not gonna get my knickers in a twist just 'cos things aren't going the way I'd like them to! I've been a fan long enough to know how Axl & Co. work - so nothing surprises me anymore!

Edited by frobscottle