So, what is the new excuse going to be?

OTHAFA

Let's go on a little timeline of GNR fandom.

- Hammerstein shows are booked, fans believe a release date and tour will be announced here, kicking things off for the big comeback.

- Hammerstein shows pass, no release date, but a european tour is announced. THIS is obviously when unheard songs will be played and a release date will be announced, kicking things in motion for the forthcoming U.S. tour.

- European passes.. nothing happens.. oh well fuck that european shit, as we all know those were just the "warm up shows" - they're saving the BIG GUNS for the U.S. tour!!! They'll definitely announce everything at Inland Invasion, since it's their first show back in L.A. in 15 years.

- Inland Invasion passes, nothing happens (except a near riot)...well duh, the tour hasn't OFFICIALLY started yet, idiots! I'm sure Axl will make the OFFICIAL announcement regarding Chinese Democracy at the first tour date.

- First show occurs, nothing happens... oh well, that show sucked anyway! They're saving it for MSG. After all, New York is Axl's home away from home and there's sure to be something big happening there!

- MSG show takes place, nothing happens. SAME SETLIST. NO ALBUM NEWS.

So what's next? hmm.. I bet it will be when they return to L.A. in December! Ok, obviously they've played in L.A. already but that wasnt a REAL GNR show.. it was t he Inland Invasion with a bunch of other crappy bands. Since this will be an actual official GNR show, I'm SURE Axl will make a Chinese Democracy announcement then.

I don't think anyone really CARES about this shit like you guys do. Why did you expect an album announcement at the show? Who really cares man. Get the fuck over it. Live your life and if it comes it comes.

Look at the Axlites still fawning over him.

I find it amusing that only Slashole fans are complaining on this Topic!! :o:lol:

pwndz!!!111!! :shades:

You can't own somebody by saying something that isn't true. There has been a lot of Axl supporters added to the list of people very concerned about what isn't happening. Go read the threads on the show that was cancelled, then get back to me.

We all know too, that Merck etc keep an eye on the boards - so if they see umpteen posts with demands for this, that and the other, along with "The album date will be announced at such and such a show", then the chances are, it aint gonna happen!

Yeah, do exactly what your fans don't want.

that's brilliant! I wonder why more bands don't do that!

Merck and Axl - always with their finger on the pulse of the music community!

You people are so dense it isn't even funny. No, nobody ever said there would be an announcement at any shows, I'm talking about the general feeling of this forum and HTGTH. When the few people like me and a few others tried to tell you all that this tour was just another sham for Axl to get some cash in his pocket and that there was no album, you all constantly threw out excuse after excuse.

I remember getting into a huge argument here with a few people in one of the last shows on the European tour when they were playing the same tired setlist that they're playing now, they were telling me, "You're such an idiot! Why would they waste new songs on Europe! These are just warm up gigs.. they'll unveil everything on the U.S. tour!"

And in the last few days leading up to this show EVERY one of you fuckers believed something big would happen at the MSG show, with all the release date rumors and stuff, don't even lie because you know it's true.

It's sad, because when this tour passes and nothing happens, you'll still be all clinging to Axl's scrotum.

Edited by OTHAFA

I don't know what to think anymore. It's just odd how they are going about this. If a new album is only two or three weeks away then why is Axl not talking about it during his shows?

For all you people saying it's the fan's fault for creating expectations, they never said there'd be an announcement, etc. Come on. The band has said the album will drop this year. We are already almost halfway into November. Don't you think it's logical to have some expectation that they'd at least talk about it? At the very least Axl should tell the crowd, before he plays one of the new songs, that it is a new song from the forthcoming album. That would at least give the fans who don't know what they are listening to a bit of perspective. Some people here need to learn how to think a little critically rather than just defend Axl all the time. You guys are as much a broken record as Kaneda, only difference is that you spin in the other direction.

Oh well. If Axl didn't give MSG anything special it's obvious that nothing special is going to happen at any show, at least until the album/single drops. Harley gave us a date of November 19th I believe, for when the PC ad stops running and the Better ad will start. You would think therefore, that promotion will begin around that time. It seems logical. I still think the album is coming this year. If it wasn't they wouldn't be doing the Harley ad and they wouldn't have said to the world it is coming. I guess they have either decided on no real promotion or they are keeping things bottled up until they are ready to let it explode.

Something has to happen within the next two weeks to coincide with the Harley ad. This ad is introducing a new song to the masses. If they don't follow up on that it would be almost inexplicable.

Edited by KBear

When the few people like me and a few others tried to tell you all that this tour was just another sham for Axl to get some cash in his pocket and that there was no album

..you don't honestly believe that do you?

- Hammerstein shows are booked, fans believe a release date and tour will be announced here, kicking things off for the big comeback.

- Hammerstein shows pass, no release date, but a european tour is announced. THIS is obviously when unheard songs will be played and a release date will be announced, kicking things in motion for the forthcoming U.S. tour.

- European passes.. nothing happens.. oh well fuck that european shit, as we all know those were just the "warm up shows" - they're saving the BIG GUNS for the U.S. tour!!! They'll definitely announce everything at Inland Invasion, since it's their first show back in L.A. in 15 years.

- Inland Invasion passes, nothing happens (except a near riot)...well duh, the tour hasn't OFFICIALLY started yet, idiots! I'm sure Axl will make the OFFICIAL announcement regarding Chinese Democracy at the first tour date.

- First show occurs, nothing happens... oh well, that show sucked anyway! They're saving it for MSG. After all, New York is Axl's home away from home and there's sure to be something big happening there!

So what's next? hmm.. I bet it will be when they return to L.A. in December! Ok, obviously they've played in L.A. already but that wasnt a REAL GNR show.. it was t he Inland Invasion with a bunch of other crappy bands. Since this will be an actual official GNR show, I'm SURE Axl will make a Chinese Democracy announcement then.

You just answered your own stupid question. "The fans believed that something would be announced." Nice work. Don't blame the band for your own pissy-pants expectations.

You just answered your own stupid question. "The fans believed that something would be announced." Nice work. Don't blame the band for your own pissy-pants expectations.

Damn sometimes I think Axl has like 2000 acounts on this forum. Could explain for the lack of new material...

Edited by Manstis1604

Axl is gonna announce a new album this week and a new single and a new video..then izzy is gonna rejoin..then slash will come on stage with him at the grammy's and rejoin the band and then duff will rejoin.....yeah thats it.....listen its 2002 all over again, just enjoy the shows, enjoy the bootlegs, and listen to the old stuff for your GNR fix..theres never gonna be a new album..just accept it

As lame as I feel this Chinese Democracy-less Chinese Democracy tour is, I have to disagree with you.

The guys never promised anything regarding an album release - Many of the fans felt at various points that "yes, this MUST be the time!" and when nothing happened, they were disappointed. They set themselves up, not GNR.

Fans expecting/dreaming up things do not = Axl promising us something.

I will say this, however - The lack of news on CD at this point is a total joke. I wish GNR all the success in the world, but I personally will not be seeing the band on the Chinese Democracy tour comprised of mostly AFD songs and without a release date in sight for the album they're supposed to be promoting.

So it's wrong to believe something will be announced when you say Chinese Democracy will be out this year and name your tour after said album?

So it's wrong to believe something will be announced when you say Chinese Democracy will be out this year and name your tour after said album?

It's not wrong to believe something will be announced, it's just the fact that MSG is where people put all of this faith in some sort of announcement. Really, in the back of your minds, you had to know nothing would happen at MSG. Yes, it's a great venue, it's sold out, but really, step into Axl's weird ass shoes for a minute: He's already said the album would drop this year. For Axl, that's pretty much all he needs and wants to say. This is Axl Rose. This is also 2006 and an album that has taken over a decade. The fact that we haven't gotten any information whatsoever points to a shitload of secrecy. While it's frustrating, I don't think Axl wants to just shout it out at some show.

I mean, come on. You people should know by now that nothing was going to happen. Hammerstein was different, and Axl commented briefly about it, but each time he's been interviewed, he's said this year. That's all he has to say to satisfy himself. Do you think that Axl really cares that some of you have deflated expectations? Let's be realistic here. I'm not trying to kiss Axl's ass either, because it's fucking frustrating as hell that we get nothing. Nevertheless, we should know this by now. It's almost routine, and some of you just keep sucking air hoping for something that you know won't be there.

..theres never gonna be a new album..just accept it

If you truly believe this, then why are you here? I strongly suggest you move on. We don't allow cupcakes here whose sole purpose is to pointlessly bash the band. While we encourage freedom of expression and constructive criticism -- cupcakes don't fit into that category. If you believe there's no album - then it makes no sense for you to be here spewing this unsubstantiated claim over and over again.

.. The band has said the album will drop this year. We are already almost halfway into November. Don't you think it's logical to have some expectation that they'd at least talk about it? At the very least Axl should tell the crowd, before he plays one of the new songs, that it is a new song from the forthcoming album. That would at least give the fans who don't know what they are listening to a bit of perspective. Some people here need to learn how to think a little critically rather than just defend Axl all the time. You guys are as much a broken record as Kaneda, only difference is that you spin in the other direction...

I have to agree. Fans have a right to ask questions and offer constructive criticism.

It's not wrong to believe something will be announced, it's just the fact that MSG is where people put all of this faith in some sort of announcement. Really, in the back of your minds, you had to know nothing would happen at MSG. Yes, it's a great venue, it's sold out, but really, step into Axl's weird ass shoes for a minute: He's already said the album would drop this year. For Axl, that's pretty much all he needs and wants to say. This is Axl Rose. This is also 2006 and an album that has taken over a decade. The fact that we haven't gotten any information whatsoever points to a shitload of secrecy. While it's frustrating, I don't think Axl wants to just shout it out at some show.

I mean, come on. You people should know by now that nothing was going to happen. Hammerstein was different, and Axl commented briefly about it, but each time he's been interviewed, he's said this year. That's all he has to say to satisfy himself. Do you think that Axl really cares that some of you have deflated expectations? Let's be realistic here. I'm not trying to kiss Axl's ass either, because it's fucking frustrating as hell that we get nothing. Nevertheless, we should know this by now. It's almost routine, and some of you just keep sucking air hoping for something that you know won't be there.

Well said Zeppelin. And the funniest part of this whole MSG thing to me is that before GNR played MSG back in 2002 everyone thought something big was going to happen at that show too. Well something big kind of did happen, they never played another show on that tour. I know MSG is huge to the band but is this gonna happen everythime they play there?

There was NEVER any indication that there would be an announcement at Hammerstein, Europe, Inland Invasion or MSG.

You set yourself up for each and every one of those falls. Want to blame someone? Look in the mirror.

You people are so dense it isn't even funny. No, nobody ever said there would be an announcement at any shows, I'm talking about the general feeling of this forum and HTGTH. When the few people like me and a few others tried to tell you all that this tour was just another sham for Axl to get some cash in his pocket and that there was no album, you all constantly threw out excuse after excuse.

And in the last few days leading up to this show EVERY one of you fuckers believed something big would happen at the MSG show, with all the release date rumors and stuff, don't even lie because you know it's true.

Ok now I see your point.

You expressed it poorly but I tend to agree.

Not EVERYONE believe there would be an announcement. Clearly you just quickly scanned some thread titles and that's it.

But yeah - lots of people got worked up and excited for no reason.

Edited by Howard2k

It was "just a show" but shouldn't have been. The crowd was electric, and while the performance was great, I think the crowd deserved a little more than what they got. I'm not going to complain, because the show was fantastic, and I had a blast, but I do feel Axl wasted an opportunity to do something special in front of the biggest crowd he is going to see in a long while.

I guess I wasn't expecting the set for New Jersey to be better than it was in MSG... :blink: Not to mention Axl seemed like he was in a much better mood in NJ.

He had an obligation to put on an extraordinary show and extended setlist.

1. Axl Rose isn't obligated to do anything other than appear at the shows he signed up for with GNR. He's not obligated to do anything special that he's not doing at other shows.

2. MSG has a STRICT curfew of 1:00am. If you're a New Yorker and don't know that, shame on you. If you're not a New Yorker and didn't know that, you should do your homework before posting.

I'm sure if the band had more time they would have played longer.