GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist ROBIN FINCK Visits GIBSON Guitar Showroom

SWINGTRADER

Robin Finck, lead guitarist of GUNS N' ROSES, stopped by the New York City Gibson Guitar showroom to pick up a Gibson Custom Les Paul Standard '58 Reissue to play on tour and beyond. One of three guitarists in GUNS N' ROSES that play Gibson, Finck is one of a few artists who has played in two bands listed on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock": NINE INCH NAILS and GUNS N' ROSES. A photo gallery is available at TalkingMetal.com.

-----------------------------

He really has that homeless look down. :no:

gibsons are such shit guitars! iconic, but not worth the price (of course, who in guns n' roses actually pays for guitars)

has anyone noticed that every one of finck's les pauls is, in some way, altered. mostly just different knob placement, and new pickups or lack of certain positions, the one played on chinese democracy doesn't have a neck pickup.

bumblefoot of course has some taste outside his Paul, and richard plays some cool guitars too, mostly izzy-esque gibson hollowbodys (still shit) but i think i've even seen a pic with him with a zemaitis

Edited by bass71player

gibsons are such shit guitars! iconic, but not worth the price (of course, who in guns n' roses actually pays for guitars)

has anyone noticed that every one of finck's les pauls is, in some way, altered. mostly just different knob placement, and new pickups or lack of certain positions, the one played on chinese democracy doesn't have a neck pickup.

bumblefoot of course has some taste outside his Paul, and richard plays some cool guitars too, mostly izzy-esque gibson hollowbodys (still shit) but i think i've even seen a pic with him with a zemaitis

Gibsons are still great guitars (if somewhat more "hit-and-miss" than they used to be), but I can guarantee you one thing, the one Robin is buying isn't your typical Guitar Center off-the-shelf LP.

it has been decades since gibson really made quality guitars. now, an amerian gibson is still better than a lot of whats on the shelf @ yer local guitar center, but sitll, the quality has slipped a lot since the 80s, and somehow as the quality goes doewn the price goes up!

if finck bought the new '58 VOS reissue, he made a good choice though. thats like the top top $4000 type shit that is actually really good.

i think his typical mod is making the bridge volume and tone knobs active for both pickups, while placing the toggle switch where one of the neck pickup knobs used to be. this is usually done because the guitarist doesnt change volume/tone between pickups anyway, and so he won't flip the toggle switch up or down when he's rockin' out....

Gibsons are still great guitars (if somewhat more "hit-and-miss" than they used to be), but I can guarantee you one thing, the one Robin is buying isn't your typical Guitar Center off-the-shelf LP.

it has been decades since gibson really made quality guitars. now, an amerian gibson is still better than a lot of whats on the shelf @ yer local guitar center, but sitll, the quality has slipped a lot since the 80s, and somehow as the quality goes doewn the price goes up!

if finck bought the new '58 VOS reissue, he made a good choice though. thats like the top top $4000 type shit that is actually really good.

i think his typical mod is making the bridge volume and tone knobs active for both pickups, while placing the toggle switch where one of the neck pickup knobs used to be. this is usually done because the guitarist doesnt change volume/tone between pickups anyway, and so he won't flip the toggle switch up or down when he's rockin' out....

my thing is that i really hate seeing the les paul (or any gibson for that matter) put on this pedestal as like THE GUITAR you know? if you're gonna spend 4 grand on a les paul, why don't you go out and get a real guitar like a tom anderson or prs? i dunno, i guess i'm jaded from working at a high end guitar store

my thing is that i really hate seeing the les paul (or any gibson for that matter) put on this pedestal as like THE GUITAR you know? if you're gonna spend 4 grand on a les paul, why don't you go out and get a real guitar like a tom anderson or prs? i dunno, i guess i'm jaded from working at a high end guitar store

i guess "THE GUITAR" differs from person to person....i stick with fender and gibson personally. although when it comes to fender it's much cheaper and satisfying to put one together out of spare parts. my friend just built a tele for 700 bux that would go for 2000 if fender had actually made it....

at this point i think people go for les pauls b/c they're iconic and that kinda have that sound/feel.....some people just like gibsons, ya know? finck always had a les paul or les paul type guitar in NIN if i remember correctly....guess he's just a gibson guy....

Edited by ohyesindeed