GNR's stage time

axlslash

Are they still hitting the stage at 12? My parents are strongly considering not letting me go because the shows have been ending at 2am or later...

I think on the average it's been between 11:10 and 11:40 or so. Running about 2 hrs and 15 mins the earliest a show will let out is 1:30 am on an early night.

Basically, they're telling me that I can go from like 9-12a or 10-1a. Basically, if I go at all I'll have to miss most of my favorite tunes. I guess I may have to just sell the tickets and take the money unless they change their minds......

Basically, they're telling me that I can go from like 9-12a or 10-1a. Basically, if I go at all I'll have to miss most of my favorite tunes. I guess I may have to just sell the tickets and take the money unless they change their minds......

Well that sucks, you will certainly miss a lot of the show. But I suppose if it was my only option I would choose the 10-1, at least you will get to see some of it.

Is one of your parents going with you?

1am or 2am it's still late, hopefully they can amend the rule just for one night.

That's what I'm hoping. My options are 9-12, 10-1, or sell at the moment. As much as I want to see GNR, I feel like it's hardly even worth it to go n not hear Patience, NR, PC, CD, Nightrain.....basically the songs Im going to the show to hear. If I can only see an hour of the GNR show, why pay 80 bucks? As much as I love GNR and am sure that a 2.5 hour show from them is worth well over 80, I dont think it's worth 80 to go to an hour of their show, then be pissed off when I have to leave in the middle. Guess I'll just have to hope they stick around for a few years.....

This whole sitatuation is a shame.

Axl gains only hurts himself (on at least some level) with this foolish lipservice he plays to "being rock n roll" by going on at midnight.

I know a buddy on another board who is going to see them in Washington. He has to get up for work at 5 in the morning. He was fucking horrified to hear he wouldn't even be home until 3 AM. He's considering not even going. This is 40ish dude who is a huge music fan, but willing to give Axl a chance.

And Axl is just pissing all over that.

Shame.

Tell your parents it is going to end earlier...then don't come hom till late and get in shit...who cares. They'll get over it. I think it is great that they come on so late. Think about what kind of image they are continuing to build for themselves. Time usually mellows a band, and although, time has mellowed GnR, some things are "rock n' roll."

The start time does suck when the concert is through the week. I don't care how you rationalize it. At the prices they charge today, its a business and we all know what happens when you lose site of the customer.

Pearl Jam played for 3 plus hours and still finished by 12. Metallica played for 3 plus hours and finished by 12.

Playing after midnite does not make you more of a rock star or contribute to your hype. It just makes you more of a diva.

Still! Its GNR. They will be worth the loss of sleep.

The Toronto show had a 11pm curfew from what I heard but the show ended after 2am. This was on a Wed night - I also have a long drive so I too the next day off work, which I am glad I did, I didn't get home until 4:30 and I get up at 5:30. What sucked more than just the point of being up late is the fact I was up for almost 24hrs - not as easy to do now that I am getting older...

Alot of people started leaving the show around 1:30 or so - I found out later it was because the last Go Train leaves around then.

Also, I don't know about the other shows, but GN'R was not late getting on in terms of waiting for them - they just had way too many opening acts (3) starting at 8pm. One is normal, two is plenty - there was no need to add that third no-name act. This show had BY FAR the quicked set changes of any concert I have been to - including the short wait for GN'R.

At the show I found Axl to seem sincerely appreciative of the fans, but his actions off the stage certainly do not reflect this (dropping prices part way through a tour and the obvious no album as of yet)... He did make one comment about fans sleeping before a solo - but what the hell do you expect when people have been there (some of us standing) for 6 hours.

Edited by CDNGNR

The start time does suck when the concert is through the week. I don't care how you rationalize it. At the prices they charge today, its a business and we all know what happens when you lose site of the customer.

Pearl Jam played for 3 plus hours and still finished by 12. Metallica played for 3 plus hours and finished by 12.

Playing after midnite does not make you more of a rock star or contribute to your hype. It just makes you more of a diva.

Which is absolutely right.

No other major league band pulls this shit.

And as you said, your conceet is on a Friday night, that's one thing. But on a Tusday to expect people to dance to your tune that no one else would expect you too?

Seems foolish to me.

Go, what can they do when your in the venue, even if they could get in they could get fucked up trying to take a young fan out, even as parents....but if other fans noticed your mom and dad were coming to drag your ass out you would be owned by fans and the band :rofl-lol:

Axl's always gone on late.

Stop crying about it.

You can go into work late one day, or just stay up all night. Its not going to kill you. Stop whining.

Fuck You bitch!!! No life cocksucker!! Unlike you people may have responsibilities on this forum that are not breakable. I can't stand people who like you talk like your on the "Axl Rose Payroll" Your not fuck head!!!

Edited by welcometothespunkle

Still! Its GNR. They will be worth the loss of sleep.

Yea, but you're forgetting one thing... Pearl Jam and Metallica actually care about their fans.

Axl hates his fans. You in particular. He hates having to get out of bed and parade around in front of you guys. He just needs to make enough money to support his Warhol and Splenda addictions for another few years. Then we'll get another Appetite for Nostalgia tour to replenish the funds.

so THATS why they sued their fans..cause they CARE about them...gotcha! ill keep that in mind!

when Axl only calls us 'downloading motherfuckers' hmm...litigation vs name calling..hmm..who CARES more? :D

so THATS why they sued their fans..cause they CARE about them...gotcha! ill keep that in mind!

when Axl only calls us 'downloading motherfuckers' hmm...litigation vs name calling..hmm..who CARES more? :D

considering that he's trying to "re-introduce" the band when he's the only memberleft from the original, he's doing a pretty embarassing job of it. Unless the album is absolutely mind-blowing this will go down as a huge joke, imo.

little to no marketing - what ever happened to the so-called marketting agreement they had with Major League Baseball? was the single and the album supposed to be released during the World Series???

treating fans like shit by making them sit through hours of crap before they take the stage near midnight.

complete incompetence on the album release.

I feel like the idiot now - when I bought tickets, every one of my friends told me I was crazy. "Who the hell wants to go see Axl play with a cover band?" they said. I guess they were right.

don't get me wrong, i know people have lives, but if your going to see Guns N' Fuckin Roses, plan ahead. GNR is a rock band(unlike all "modern rock" bands like green day and nickleback), they will go on when they want, and come off when they want. if you don't like it, don't buy a ticket. its that simple.

look, if you parents are being asses about this, tell them to get off your back, your going to see your favorite band who you paid to see. if they don't like it, tough, you have waited to see them, and you will. don't give in.

And when Fridayfan's advice doesn't work, just lie! :P

Say you will be home at 1 and come home at 2:30! In 10 years it won't matter! It's not like robbing a car or being addicted to crack, put it in perspective.

What seems like a big deal now later on in life turns into funny conversations with your parents-

oh yeah and another thing. your parents should let you go. If they don't then all theyre doing is fucking you up! you wanna do what you wanna fucking do, so go do it. don't be like me. my mom fucking ruins me. if i end up dying from a drug O.D. or something, its her fault.

but i DO need to hand it to her. she spent some $ on me for a show that started at 8 pm and ended at 1:30 am

Edited by Paradise City Man

considering that he's trying to "re-introduce" the band when he's the only memberleft from the original, he's doing a pretty embarassing job of it. Unless the album is absolutely mind-blowing this will go down as a huge joke, imo.

little to no marketing - what ever happened to the so-called marketting agreement they had with Major League Baseball? was the single and the album supposed to be released during the World Series???

treating fans like shit by making them sit through hours of crap before they take the stage near midnight.

complete incompetence on the album release.

I feel like the idiot now - when I bought tickets, every one of my friends told me I was crazy. "Who the hell wants to go see Axl play with a cover band?" they said. I guess they were right.

listen fuckhead, im sick and tired of hearing worthless noobs like you diss axl and the unbelievable band both individually and as a whole. these guys bust their ass night in and night out, putting on 5 fucking star shows for your bitchy little ass. cd or no cd, it doesn't fucking matter, these guys put up with more shit than you probably ever will in your life. each band member has talent out the ass and all you guys see is a "cover band", and look no further. sure, we may be pissed about the album release, i know i am. but i also know that i will be so fucking happy with the result, that i will need $50,000 worth of plastic surgery to get the smile off my face. if you dont want to see the new band, fine, sell your tickets to someone who actually deserves to the band(and oh yes asshole, they are a real band). now please noob, sell your tickets and delete your fucking account.