Shakira feat. Santana- Illegal

adnan

Wow! My girlfriend and I usually get a kick out of slamming Shakira's music (specifically Hips Don't Lie), but this was surprisingly good. I did dig some of her last album, I'll admit, but this is like legit coolness. I attribute that to the guitar god playing behind her :P . In all seriousness, though, she is quite a tallented singer (and a looker too), and I did find this quite good.

The chorus rips off an Alanis Morrisette lyric

I suppose you could say so. Although, to her credit, she did improve it - "You said you would love me until you died, And as far as I know you're still alive" is a little more eloquent than Alanis shrieking "Does she know how you told me you'd hold me until you died, 'Till you died, But you're still alive." But then, they're different songs really and the rawness of Morisette's lyrics fits the overall angry, explosive attitude of her song, while Shakira's tune tries to be mellow instead.

The chorus rips off an Alanis Morrisette lyric

I suppose you could say so. Although, to her credit, she did improve it - "You said you would love me until you died, And as far as I know you're still alive" is a little more eloquent than Alanis shrieking "Does she know how you told me you'd hold me until you died, 'Till you died, But you're still alive." But then, they're different songs really and the rawness of Morisette's lyrics fits the overall angry, explosive attitude of her song, while Shakira's tune tries to be mellow instead.

You're right! Still I prefer Alanis' aggressiveness!

I 'm not a Shakira fan. I think her voice has something that either you love or hate, nothing in between. I don't like her voice, but I like the way she moves.

...and Shakira blonde :no: her skin is a bit dark for so fair hair.

That was nice. I hated that song "Hips Don't Lie" but this is much better.

And Yamisonic, I can see what you mean, she's kinda dressed alot like Christina in that vid. And was her hair alway that blonde?

No, she has painted her hair a trillion times. When she first started playing it was black I think. But she looks sexiest blonde.

I have my theorys about her, Like its an ugly persons voice and they just stuck her to lip-sync. Cause I've heard her talk, she can hardly speak english... let alone sing fluently. But of course I'm full of crap.

Yeah, you're full of crap, 'cause she started singing in Spanish, dude, and her voice hasn't changed one bit.

Her English sucks, though. Wish she would go back to making the Spanish pop songs as the ones in "Donde Estan Los Ladrones". One of my few guilty pleasures.

fukkz you to shakira...fukking cheesy discusting music....I hate her made up voice she sounds like she have the entire country of uzbekistans population of donkey balls in her mouth when she sings...

and I hate the bad sound quality they make on purpose so it will sound like they are playing live at your backyard...die sukkerz...