Eagles of Death Metal Respond, Again! For the third time......

ohyesindeed

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Grohl is still bent about that shit, which happened over 10 years ago? I never thought of him as someone to hold a grudge.

i'm sure dave, like most folks, just though it was funny then and is even funnier now....

It was just a matter of time before Dave Grohl piped up. He's the king of grabbing the low-hanging fruit. I don't respect a f*cking word that comes out of that sh*t-wipe's mouth. At least not since his label stuck spyware on my computer through Foo Fighters CD's. What a d*ckweed!!

since '91, grohl has:

1. played in the most groundbreaking band of his era...a band that axl desperately tried to befriend but could not.

2. stepped out from behind the kit to front one of the most popular rock bands since nirvana. foo fighters just released a best selling CD/DVD of acoustic versions of songs from their entire career (5 records since '94).

3. played drums for QOTSA (huge record) cat power (underground classic record) tenancious d, NIN, and many others.

4. has done all of this without pissing on his fans or losing credibility.

5. like axl, he has never made a record better than appetite.

you know....not one of you has even hinted that this whole episode could have had just a leeeeeeetle bit to do with the fact that axl is a completely delusional, impossible person to deal with.....

Dave Grohl is still bent about that shit, which happened over 10 years ago? I never thought of him as someone to hold a grudge.

i'm sure dave, like most folks, just though it was funny then and is even funnier now....

It was just a matter of time before Dave Grohl piped up. He's the king of grabbing the low-hanging fruit. I don't respect a f*cking word that comes out of that sh*t-wipe's mouth. At least not since his label stuck spyware on my computer through Foo Fighters CD's. What a d*ckweed!!

since '91, grohl has:

1. played in the most groundbreaking band of his era...a band that axl desperately tried to befriend but could not.

2. stepped out from behind the kit to front one of the most popular rock bands since nirvana. foo fighters just released a best selling CD/DVD of acoustic versions of songs from their entire career (5 records since '94).

3. played drums for QOTSA (huge record) cat power (underground classic record) tenancious d, NIN, and many others.

4. has done all of this without pissing on his fans or losing credibility.

5. like axl, he has never made a record better than appetite.

you know....not one of you has even hinted that this whole episode could have had just a leeeeeeetle bit to do with the fact that axl is a completely delusional, impossible person to deal with.....

Most of the sheep that have jumped off on the EODM are the worst thing since scientology bandwagon are probably just as delusional as their Axl hero.

Most of the sheep that have jumped off on the EODM are the worst thing since scientology bandwagon are probably just as delusional as their Axl hero.

EODM are not the greatest thing ever, but they ain't tryin to be. they're just a good time rock n roll band you dont have to take seriously at all. fun time band, ya know? the press loves them, they have a solid following, and they are the only "cool" band with a shred of musical decency/credibility to share a stage with the new guns EVER.

and look what happened: the new gnr fans booed them, and then axl kicks them off the tour. maybe this does show that axl and the new fans are equally delusional....

yer talking about a band that is called "the eagles of death metal". a band that has grohl, homme, and jack black in their vids and on their records. those dudes are the biggest jokers in rock n roll! they're just tryin' to have fun and rock your ass a little......but i guess the new fans would rather dig on a band who doesnt realize they're a joke than a band that purposely jokes around.....

Edited by ohyesindeed

Funny, if EODM have released all of these albums full of quality material why have I never heard of them before this?

What I did finally hear sucked big time. Granted Axl could have handled this more professionally but they really do suck.

Even a "fun time band" should sound good. I listened to 1 minute of 1 of their songs and got a freakin' headache.

This is just Axl being Axl. Like the Gallagher brothers, he just tells it like it is and it pisses off all the PC hooray for tolerance!s. I wish Courtney had hired somebody to take out Grohl along with Kurt. The Foo Fighters are a joke. Dave you're no John Bonham like you think you are. As for "The Pigeons of Shit Metal"... I hope they are enjoying the Zenith of their career.

Edited by Randy Lahey

shite story!Tommy is on the band since 98,I think Axl and him had some fights in the past..but get punched in the face with his own bass by his "boss" is really bad.Be a man Tommy,not that faggy of the Download festival concert.

Yea, what have Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stoneage or Eagles of Death Metal done in the last ten years?

Now compare that to all the quality music Axl has released.

Wrong! Axl has released nothing since 1991..only leaked demos.

Thanks for the heads up there, captain obvious :rolleyes:

Yea, what have Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stoneage or Eagles of Death Metal done in the last ten years?

a pile of shit turd....no one remembers! :lol:

what was Grohls last hit song?

...Exactly! :rofl-lol:

i believe his last hit was "best of you" taken from the 2005 double LP in your honor. also, a song called "DOA" from that record was a hit as well.

in your honor is foo fighters' fifth album. "their" first (self-titled) album came out in 1994, on which grohl wrote and played all the instruments himself. that album had 3 hit singles on it....in fact, every one of the five foo fighters records has a number of "hits".....

just to refresh your memory...... ;)

Edited by ohyesindeed

Seriously, Dave Grohl is a practioner of a little something I like to call mediocre rock. For the record i'm referring to Probot and The Foo Fighters not Nirvana.

true!

but he has at least not turned into a joke, and his fans are just as loyal as axl's. every record he's made has at least 2 or 3 songs i really like, but then again yer always gonna be like "NIRVANA!" with him, ya know?

regardless of what grohl or anyone says, this was a really bad move on axl's part. this was the new band's first shot at actually having some people with a shred of credibility say something good about the new band. regardless of what people on here are saying, EODM are a very well-respected and well-liked band in most rock n roll circles. you can't say that about bazz or papa roach, can you?

Edited by ohyesindeed

He add that when he and the Eagles hit the stage, they were met with some minor jeering, but it died down quickly.

I guess he considers "Get off the stage!" towards the end of the set a compliment over "You suck!" said early in the set. I also wonder if he realizes that the crowd was cheering at the end because they were over, not that they were good.

Funny, if EODM have released all of these albums full of quality material why have I never heard of them before this?

What I did finally hear sucked big time. Granted Axl could have handled this more professionally but they really do suck.

Even a "fun time band" should sound good. I listened to 1 minute of 1 of their songs and got a freakin' headache.

me and a friend who also like GNR are into Eagles of Death Metal, they have the swagger of the stones but they also have a sense of humour .....very enjoyable live band too, you havent heard of them because maybe you havent had the exposure and your just saying that to defend Axl which is understandable on a GNR message board

Now compare that to all the quality music Axl has released.

OH MY GOD YOUR KIDDING ME

queens of the stone age have released some of the best music of the last ten years, particularly on self titled and Rated R, gimme a break, GNR have done nothing in since UYI, your argument doesnt wash.

Dave Grohl and Josh Hommes are the definition of working class when you consider all the projects they've worked on in ten years

Edited by motownjunkie

me and a friend who also like GNR are into Eagles of Death Metal, they have the swagger of the stones but they also have a sense of humour .....very enjoyable live band too, you havent heard of them because maybe you havent had the exposure and your just saying that to defend Axl which is understandable on a GNR message board

Actually, no I really never heard of them before this. I clicked a few links and listened to some songs when they were announced to be on the tour. (I mean EODM not the Foo Fighters or Nirvana, btw). Because this is about the EODM not the other bands mentioned who obviously everyone knows.

Axl was wrong to handle it the way he did. I don't think anyone can dispute that. But what's done is done.

Edited by bandita

You know what's the funniest thing about this whole goddamned fiasco?

All of you motherfuckers going to EXTREME lengths to justify what Axl has done. "The band is terrible"; "Dave Grohl's opinion doesn't matter"; "Axl is just telling it like it is", and my personal favorite....

Ha!

Another band who let the dramatics do the talking, rather than the music.

I mean, DUDE, did you read what you wrote? You realize you're talking about Axl Rose, right, the guy that exists SOLELY on dramatics. When did Axl let the music do the talking? 1991? Maybe, if you consider "Get in the Ring" music; it's really just some cool guitar work with Axl bitching about nothing anybody cares about like a whiny pouting court jester. Sure, I thought it was pretty awesome back in fucking HIGH SCHOOL, but i'm not 16 and stupid anymore either.

And all you guys dissing Dave Grohl -- are you CHOOSING to be ignorant, or is it a genetic disorder? Do any of you even remember that Nirvana was the band that heralded the end of GN'R's era? And Nirvana fucking won? The Axl hasn't released a new album since Kurt Cobain died? Sure, we've got Velvet Revolver, which sounds like a bunch of b-sides from the Illusion sessions, only crappier, and Dave Grohl has put out consistently good work under mulitple bands, as well as touring with other bands and playing on countless studio records.

You're working so hard to justify this because you're wrong, and you know it. So just STOP. Axl is embarassing himself. AGAIN. We ALL FUCKING KNOW IT. You blathering doesn't make it cool. You can't change the reality Axl has created.

He has a chance to redeem himself, you know. I am of the mind that the leaked demos point to a possible new direction of Axl's sound that would be EXTREMELY relevant and current today, and would be celebrated and embraced by many many music fans. Axl's got the talent, but he's got to let the music speak for him.

The rest of this is humiliating nobody but himself. He did "Eagles" the biggest favor in the world.

Oh, and Sebastian Bach is a joke -- and deserves to ridiculed as much as possible. Though I imagine most of you would think his "AIDS Kills Fags Dead" shirt from back in the day would be "pretty rock n' roll!" Gimme a break.

funny sidenote:

most people on the board seemed pretty stoked about EODM opening for gnr.....

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=84222&st=0

if you feel this should be its own thread, i say go for it!

I bought tickets when it was just GNR and no openers. That was fine by me.

Then they added Bach and EODM. That was even better but now that they're off after just one show I feel kinda ripped off. I'm still gonna go though, there's no question about that. Just wish Eodm were still opening.

Alright for instance

Queens of the stone age - 4 albums and two side projects being the (sessions qotsa albums)

Eagles of death metal - two studio albums (relatively new band also featuring josh homme)

Dave Grohl - 6 albums, Three Foo Fighters albums, drummed on QOTSA album "songs for the deaf" , drummer for "Tenaceous D" album...released a solo album called "Probot"

over 12 albums between them in under ten years, not bad

Edited by motownjunkie

You know what's the funniest thing about this whole goddamned fiasco?

All of you motherfuckers going to EXTREME lengths to justify what Axl has done. "The band is terrible"; "Dave Grohl's opinion doesn't matter"; "Axl is just telling it like it is", and my personal favorite....

Ha!

Another band who let the dramatics do the talking, rather than the music.

I mean, DUDE, did you read what you wrote? You realize you're talking about Axl Rose, right, the guy that exists SOLELY on dramatics. When did Axl let the music do the talking? 1991? Maybe, if you consider "Get in the Ring" music; it's really just some cool guitar work with Axl bitching about nothing anybody cares about like a whiny pouting court jester. Sure, I thought it was pretty awesome back in fucking HIGH SCHOOL, but i'm not 16 and stupid anymore either.

And all you guys dissing Dave Grohl -- are you CHOOSING to be ignorant, or is it a genetic disorder? Do any of you even remember that Nirvana was the band that heralded the end of GN'R's era? And Nirvana fucking won? The Axl hasn't released a new album since Kurt Cobain died? Sure, we've got Velvet Revolver, which sounds like a bunch of b-sides from the Illusion sessions, only crappier, and Dave Grohl has put out consistently good work under mulitple bands, as well as touring with other bands and playing on countless studio records.

You're working so hard to justify this because you're wrong, and you know it. So just STOP. Axl is embarassing himself. AGAIN. We ALL FUCKING KNOW IT. You blathering doesn't make it cool. You can't change the reality Axl has created.

He has a chance to redeem himself, you know. I am of the mind that the leaked demos point to a possible new direction of Axl's sound that would be EXTREMELY relevant and current today, and would be celebrated and embraced by many many music fans. Axl's got the talent, but he's got to let the music speak for him.

The rest of this is humiliating nobody but himself. He did "Eagles" the biggest favor in the world.

Wow, quite vitriolic, but I agree with about 85% of what you said there. The lengths to which some of you are clinging to the dream of GNR are getting beyond ludicrous - Bashing bands that not only have done perfectly respectable work, but artists that have actually put out music period. A concept Axl is still apparently having difficulties wrapping his mind around.

Look, I want to love GNR, but it's getting harder and harder each day with the good ship GNR steadily taking on water. I'm using every ounce of goodwill to stick around here and try to cling to some hope that CD will be released, but it's tough.

I haven't listened to the old albums in months because it just reminds me of how dispiriting this situation has become.

Edited by EccoTides

Alright for instance

Queens of the stone age - 4 albums and two side projects being the (sessions qotsa albums)

Eagles of death metal - two studio albums (relatively new band also featuring josh homme)

Dave Grohl - 6 albums, Three Foo Fighters albums, drummed on QOTSA album "songs for the deaf" , drummer for "Tenaceous D" album...released a solo album called "Probot"

that's not even counting dave playing for cat power, NIN and doing a number of other cool things....

and lets not forget that between 91 & 97, homme and oliveri's first band, kyuss, put out four records.

it should be said that none of them have ever done anything better than appetite but, there again, AXL HASN'T EITHER!

Edited by ohyesindeed

Alright for instance

All of these bands did not get thrown off the tour. The EODM did. Just because there were the same people involved in these projects does not make the EODM better. Good musicians sometimes make bad albums.

Hell, it doesn't even make Axl right, he wasn't. Someone in the public eye should probably take more care with their words.