Anybody been to the theatre at Universal Studios?

Guest Apollo

I'm taking my 13 year old kid to see the show there, mainly because it's a small theatre and there is seating that isn't 7 miles away from the stage. That's what I make from ticketmaster anyway.

Has anybody been there for a concert before?????

Anybody know why they are playing THREE shows in four nights there??? My guess is maybe they are shooting a video for the upcoming album? That way you get the same place in the background (same stage, same theatre, etc), but you have the opportunity to shoot the song three different times to get all your angles and stuff.

PURELY A GUESS on my part. Just wondering why you play the same theatre three nights in four days?

Thanks

Edited by Apollo

Anybody know why they are playing THREE shows in four nights there??? My guess is maybe they are shooting a video for the upcoming album? That way you get the same place in the background (same stage, same theatre, etc), but you have the opportunity to shoot the song three different times to get all your angles and stuff.

PURELY A GUESS on my part. Just wondering why you play the same theatre three nights in four days?

Thanks

Why can't you just use more than one camera for different angles?

Dude, I've been to the Universal Amphitheater MANY times. It's a rather small venue; somewhere around 8-9000 seats maximum, but it's a great place to see a show. I've seen LA Guns, Poison, Aerosmith, and Staind there. It's next door to Burbank and about 5 minutes outside of Hollywood. And afterall, it's LA so you need to be able to accomodate more fans, which makes sense that they're doing 3 shows. Enjoy the show.

Thanks

Why can't you just use more than one camera for different angles?

Well son, you can use 847 cameras if you want. But if Axl fucks up, if something goes wrong, if nothing cools happens, if the sound system fucks up and Axl gets pissed, if the crowd response is lame . . . . it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 50 cameras.

But if you have THREE times to shoot the show, not only do you get a lot more footage to choose from, but you have the opportunity to minimize possible mistakes and bad footage.

Like on most movie sets. You don't just shoot a scene ONE time but have 15 cameras filming it. You shoot it a few different times, giving you MORE OPTIONS when editing it in the end.

THANKS ROCKET - that's good information.

This was discussed about the hammerstein shows and brought more speculation because axl wore the same clothes. Although the band members never.

Although, universal is the company that will be producing chindem, so maybe.

But, usually in GNR music videos, when it's a live concert it's footage from loads of concerts.

If GNR were making a video, it would be like estranged, re-doing it in a studio and intercutting it with a one live performance. That way, they play one show and get the right shots.

Dude, I've been to the Universal Amphitheater MANY times. It's a rather small venue; somewhere around 8-9000 seats maximum, but it's a great place to see a show. I've seen LA Guns, Poison, Aerosmith, and Staind there. It's next door to Burbank and about 5 minutes outside of Hollywood. And afterall, it's LA so you need to be able to accomodate more fans, which makes sense that they're doing 3 shows. Enjoy the show.

Capacity: 6,189

It's quite simple. If they did only one show in a 18,000 capacity arena, they wouldn't be sure to sell out.

Playing three shows in a 6000 capacity theater will allow some die-hard fans to attend several shows and probably to sell out the three shows... In business terms, it's quite smart.

Good luck.I would probably buy myself other things with the money for the tickets,in my opinion it's not worth going to their gigs.But hey,that's just me.

No I haven't been to their gigs.Haven't seen them live not even once.If I do that I'll prolly throw a tomato at Axl and say ''That was for my great grandpa!He died of old age waiting for your stupid album !''.

Good luck.I would probably buy myself other things with the money for the tickets,in my opinion it's not worth going to their gigs.But hey,that's just me.

No I haven't been to their gigs.Haven't seen them live not even once.If I do that I'll prolly throw a tomato at Axl and say ''That was for my great grandpa!He died of old age waiting for your stupid album !''.

Every post you have made has been negative. Why are you even here? Is your life that sad and insignificant that all you can do is come here and bash Gn'R?

Every post you have made has been negative. Why are you even here? Is your life that sad and insignificant that all you can do is come here and bash Gn'R?

He bashed VR and Slash too. Happy now?

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is amigo.I mean come on,you can't just delay somethin' for 15 years and tell people to f*** off and pretend like nothing's happened.Yeah I've been negative so I'll say something positive in return about GNR and VR.Axl looks like a damn pimp with all those godlen chains and those braids make him look like a white black MTV R&B doll,Slash looks cool now with his hair,he reminds me of Cher,and Scott looks and moves like a slut.

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is amigo.I mean come on,you can't just delay somethin' for 15 years and tell people to f*** off and pretend like nothing's happened.Yeah I've been negative so I'll say something positive in return about GNR and VR.Axl looks like a damn pimp with all those godlen chains and those braids make him look like a white black MTV R&B doll,Slash looks cool now with his hair,he reminds me of Cher,and Scott looks and moves like a slut.

Ha, an equal-opportunity offender/basher.... I can respect that. :P

Ha, an equal-opportunity offender/basher.... I can respect that. :P

Hey now, I've said VR is a shitty band plenty of times. How come I get now love for it?

Yeah, but he did it in the same post! :xmasssanta:

next time you bash Axl, throw in a jab at Slash and Scott and I'll give you props too. :P

Because nobody says that like me.Watch this:

Velvet Revolver suck.Why you ask?Just look at their frontman,his panths are so tight and he moves so slutty that it makes me wonder if he's going to start stripping on stage and throw his pink tanga at the audience or ask the people to shove money in his underwear.I still don't understand why he has to be half naked everytime he goes on stageDamn the 90s.

Slash is now a mediocre guitarist,he's done nothing good since he left GNR and made a band that has a balerina for a frontman.His solos suck!Somebody said he should change his name into Trash because he plays the guitar now as if he had sausages instead of fingers.Duff and Matt...damn these guys are like Dumb and Dumber.

and still you joined a Guns N' Roses fan forum today and made 21 posts already

Edited by Revolver

Because nobody says that like me.Watch this:

Velvet Revolver suck.Why you ask?Just look at their frontman,his panths are so tight and he moves so slutty that it makes me wonder if he's going to start stripping on stage and throw his pink tanga at the audience or ask the people to shove money in his underwear.I still don't understand why he has to be half naked everytime he goes on stageDamn the 90s.

Slash is now a mediocre guitarist,he's done nothing good since he left GNR and made a band that has a balerina for a frontman.His solos suck!Somebody said he should change his name into Trash because he plays the guitar now as if he had sausages instead of fingers.Duff and Matt...damn these guys are like Dumb and Dumber.

Then maybe you should go to a Paris Hilton forum or some shit like that. You obviously don't like real music. Have fun!

No it just sucks.And I hate stuff that sucks that's all.Scott ''Who?'' Wheiland from the unique and cool band Stone Temple Pilots (another second-hand band) is uncool...and he sucks too.Damn junkie.

to quote its so easy: why dont you just fuck off!

What does this post have to do with the topic?

Capacity: 6,189

It's quite simple. If they did only one show in a 18,000 capacity arena, they wouldn't be sure to sell out.

Playing three shows in a 6000 capacity theater will allow some die-hard fans to attend several shows and probably to sell out the three shows... In business terms, it's quite smart.

Does your mommy do your homework too? :rolleyes: