what came first....the chicken or the egg...

gnfnr2006

I am trying to get a timeline for some of the more current songs. Which came first, the leaked demo, or was it played live first.

BETTER

TWAT(has it been played live)

IRS

BLUES

MADAGASCAR(is the a demo)

Im interested to see who has heard what and where.

Thanks !!

EDIT: DEME ha ha

Edited by gnfnr2006

There are no demos for The Blues & Madagascar. Just bootlegs. These songs were first played live back in 2002.

The demos for IRS, TWAT and Better leaked just before the start of the tour. So, yeah, they came first.

Personally I think they were purposely leaked to create hype for the tour. Too much of a coincidence that these were the exact tracks that the band played live at the first show of their tour.

Catcher In The Rye is the interesting one. I think it came from a disc of demos from the '99 sessions, along with the alternate versions of IRS and TWAT, and the short clip of Checkmate.

The demos for IRS, TWAT and Better leaked just before the start of the tour. So, yeah, they came first.

Personally I think they were purposely leaked to create hype for the tour. Too much of a coincidence that these were the exact tracks that the band played live at the first show of their tour.

Thats what I was thinking,,,though has anyone seen TWAT live?

Yeah, it's been live before. Although, I think it's the least played live leak. Could be wrong about that, though.

I think u are right.....as far as the songs I mentioned...Anyone got a line to TWAT live??

Yeah, it's been live before. Although, I think it's the least played live leak. Could be wrong about that, though.

I think u are right.....as far as the songs I mentioned...Anyone got a line to TWAT live??

I know it was played live during one of the warm-up gigs in New York earlier this year. I also think it was played live one more time in Europe. I'm pretty sure you can find videos of it live if you search for it on You Tube.

TWAT, Better, IRS and CITR leaked in end of February/beginning of March of this year (a crappy version of IRS leaked in April Fools of 2005 though)

Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues were played live in 2001/2002, along with Silkworms and Rhiad, but those are gone this year

TWAT was played live only twice, first Hammerstein night and Madrid gig

CITR was never played live

Better, IRS, Madagascar, The Blues and CD were played live regularly in the current tour

Most people here want to believe the conspirousy (sp?) theories about management leaking the demos. Bullshit. The demos leaked and the tour was a reaction to this. Why do you think that the dates weren't already lined up? Why do you think that the album is so up in the air. Because none of this was planned. That's why.

Most people here want to believe the conspirousy (sp?) theories about management leaking the demos. Bullshit. The demos leaked and the tour was a reaction to this. Why do you think that the dates weren't already lined up? Why do you think that the album is so up in the air. Because none of this was planned. That's why.

Well that sure cleared it up for me(and everyone else I hope) !!! Thanks :drevil:

I'd almost like to believe this beacuse it would at least suggest Axl is not the complete idiot he seems to have been most of this year.

Thats about as close to a conspiracy theory as it gets :rofl-lol: