Why there are no promo pictures of the band together?

Gallagher Rose

I don't mind why they have no official pictures together..I've seen 2 pictures after a concert,but Axl looked uncomfortable.What's the problem?

Probably Pittman doesn't like to take pictures,so we'll have a booklet for Chinese Democracy only with chinese draws and lyrics. :)

You act like an album is coming out. new GNR has been together longer than the old lineup, and not only do they not have any official releases, they dont even have a fucking picture.

Its almost like Axl subconsciously knows this isn't GNR....

They've had from 1997-2006 to take pics. Maybe during the extreme excitement of rehearsing AFD, someone forgot to bring a camera.

I am one of the few people in the world who actually accept the new band, and show up expecting the new band with new material, and I even agree with the "Axl Nostalgia Tour" statement. Same set every night... 90% appetite material. Half assed job introducing the new band, quarter assed job introducing the new songs. Never lets the band be theirselves. Doesn't let anyone talk about anything... they just seem like Axl Rose employees. Which is sad, because they are tremendous musicians. I don't think any of them have had much input on the record, if the record even exists.

No band pictures... every image posted on Gunsnroses.com is a huge picture of Axl.

Heck, notice the videos they have posted all feature Izzy, who isn't even in the band...

Hmm well there was a full-band shot being used on Wikipedia but I dunno where it came from.

One of the touring posters was a collage of all the band members...

A pic taken after a show or a collage isn't the same thing and you know it. Every lineup of GNR pre CD era took promo pics.

You act like an album is coming out.

So if I like the band, it means I act like the album is coming out? Right.

No, I don't believe it's coming, this year. And if it is, that would look a bit suicidal.

My post was more a general statement. Not really aimed at a specific person, which is why I didnt quote anyone.

It's a very professional GNR line up. I see GNR now like a sports team. Like the Yankees or Chelsea. They buy in the talent they like and that's the team. If it's not working they buy new players.

That's precisely why nobody should consider it as Guns N'Roses.

GNR had nothing to do with sport teams. It was a gang, not a brand, not a base-ball franchise.

If there are no pics it's because there is nothing to promote. And also because even Axl knows this thing is temporary ("temporary" in Axl's world can mean "forever" though).

If they had taken pics with Buckethead, now they would be embarrassed. Who knows who will be in the band tomorrow ?

Edited by pepsicoca

It's 2006, that "last gang in town" thing is pretty old and seemed tired when The Clash were doing it. It's not like these guys are puppets they're all pretty volatile themselves. It's not exactly Pop Idol with guys from The Replacemnts, NIN, Primus and Psychdelic Furs but they seem more focused on music than partying?

It's a very professional GNR line up. I see GNR now like a sports team. Like the Yankees or Chelsea. They buy in the talent they like and that's the team. If it's not working they buy new players.
Thats why this band is never taken seriously.

(well, one of the reasons....)

It's a lie. That's all I'm saying. It's not a street gang. Come on now. Slash duff and Matt don't stalk the streets at night. That idea is good early on but as soon as you get seperate limos to the shows...They're are still a tight unit for sure but then so is new line up. They have grown together and you can see that they like playing together. Finck doesn't really need to do it he could be with NIN same for most of them. Ok tommy was selling shoes online or something but he has enough cred in The Replacements not to have to do it surely. Are they doing it to be laughing stocks? that what you're saying?

It's a lie. That's all I'm saying. It's not a street gang. Come on now. Slash duff and Matt don't stalk the streets at night. That idea is good early on but as soon as you get seperate limos to the shows...They're are still a tight unit for sure but then so is new line up. They have grown together and you can see that they like playing together. Finck doesn't really need to do it he could be with NIN same for most of them. Ok tommy was selling shoes online or something but he has enough cred in The Replacements not to have to do it surely. Are they doing it to be laughing stocks? that what you're saying?

If you compare the pay check they get now (and have been getting for doing pretty much nothing over the last years) and what were probably earning before joining GN´R I´d say they don´t care how they look. They laugh all the way to the bank, you know. None of the muscians were that famous before joining GN´R and lets face it, they still aren´t cause the promotion for this band is awful. We know they´re names cause we hang on these boards. No one of you would have given a rats ass about for example Tommy Stinson if he wasn´t in the new GN´R line-up.

If an album doesn´t drop soon they will all lose credibility as muscians cause then we will know that they really just are hired guns that are just there to milk the cow known as GN´R for as much money as possible before it implodes.

Edited by Lukinx

Maybe they don't care cos they've all had their cred moment with Replacements or NIN. They must want it to be good unless they are all complete assholes. I guess the money might be good but it's sort of the end of your career if you don't care.

What the hell did Finck do? I think you convinced me. This is fucked up. Can I be in GNR? I didn't play on a NIN record either. So it's just to rip us off? I'm gutted.

In the studio, its all Trent Reznor. Robin was a live member of Nine Inch Nails for many years.