A little band issue

Ok, soI play guitar in a band with the VERY un-original name; Hellfighters :laugh:

Were mostly just doing covers so fare, and my problem is that the leadsinger and my best friend from when we was like 4 got a wierd/lame music taste.

He wanna do stuff like "Three Days Grace", "Stonegard", "Marylin manson" etc....

Wich frankly I hate.

And when I come with suggestions hes like "yeah, ill check em out" and then no responds.

I guess hes kinda a little controll freak. But on the other side he have had a really fucked childhood.

So you know, I dont wanna be mean to him or anything..... He gets easily offended.

Anyone got kinda same experince? tips to work issues like this out?

Thanks

My lead singer's turned into a complete hippie. I just wanna play some rock n' roll, or dirty ol' blues, not hippie political shit. I listen to that shit, yeah, and I write it sometimes, and I was fine with recording an EP, but now he wants to take the band completely in that direction... :(

I'm gonna leave the band soon.

Ok, soI play guitar in a band with the VERY un-original name; Hellfighters :laugh:

Were mostly just doing covers so fare, and my problem is that the leadsinger and my best friend from when we was like 4 got a wierd/lame music taste.

He wanna do stuff like "Three Days Grace", "Stonegard", "Marylin manson" etc....

Wich frankly I hate.

And when I come with suggestions hes like "yeah, ill check em out" and then no responds.

I guess hes kinda a little controll freak. But on the other side he have had a really fucked childhood.

So you know, I dont wanna be mean to him or anything..... He gets easily offended.

Thanks

My only advice is leave the band. Don't make a big scene, :) just tell them that you don't like the direction the band is going and you guys have different visions for the band. If your friend is cool then he'll understand.

My lead singer's turned into a complete hippie. I just wanna play some rock n' roll, or dirty ol' blues, not hippie political shit. I listen to that shit, yeah, and I write it sometimes, and I was fine with recording an EP, but now he wants to take the band completely in that direction... :(

I'm gonna leave the band soon.

That's totally me in my band (the hippie I mean) :P

Wich frankly I hate.

Thanks

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, and the best remedy I have come up with was something like this. Tell him you will cover one of his dippy Manson songs if he agrees to cover a GNR song, or whatever you want. Its a compromise.

Im in a band, and I like Aerosmith and GNR, and the singer likes Genesis and Dream Theater, so I tell him that we can play 'I Cant Dance' if we can also play 'Mama Kin'