Axl and Lars in Oakland!

gnrlies

I used to love Lars until the whole Napster issue. I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say I don't think Lars would be cool with all the "downloading mother fuckers" if the tracks downloaded were by Metallica.

then you havent seen www.metallifukinca.com , wich Lars is well aware of....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lars always had a thing for Axl. It was just Hetfield who was pissed at our boy. Even after the 2002 VMA performance, Lars said he was glad to see Axl back and that Madagascar sounded great. You could hear James giggling in the background during that interview.

I don't think Lars EVER bashed Axl. It was just the case of Axl being confused and pissed because he was unsure about Mr. Ulrich's motives. During the joint tour, Axl talked to him about some of his ideas for new music videos and Lars used some of those ideas for Metallica's videos without his consent. Axl also said that Lars would call him up and call him a friend, but at this point, Axl was convinced that he was just a double-talkin jive motherfucker who was out to mooch something off him. That was why he dedicated the song to James and Lars at one of the shows.

I suppose Axl has changed his mind about him after all those years.

BBF let me play his guitar and I told him ''i love you'', he said ''i love you too brother''.

U R GAY

U R JEALOUS

If it were Slash, then yes I'd admit I was jealous...but jealous of Ron Thal? Yeah, right.

And about the Metallica/GNR thing - these two bands DID hate each other...it all stemmed from the Montreal show where Hetfield was burned and Axl had to quit the show 2 songs in to their set list because he couldn't hear himself (a good amount of equipment was burned). GNR walks off and a riot starts, Lars blames Axl.

I have a bootleg from New Haven '93 and Axl dedicates Double Talkin Jive to "Lars". These guys can make up (having no reason to) but Axl and Slash can't? WTF?

And yes Lars is a bit of a wanker because of the whole download/napster thing. That and Metallica haven't produced a GOOD album since 1991 (take Load and Reload for whatever they are - good music but NOT Metallica).

I think Axl & Slash's relationship is a bit more complex.

Lars always had a thing for Axl. It was just Hetfield who was pissed at our boy. Even after the 2002 VMA performance, Lars said he was glad to see Axl back and that Madagascar sounded great. You could hear James giggling in the background during that interview.

I don't think Lars EVER bashed Axl. It was just the case of Axl being confused and pissed because he was unsure about Mr. Ulrich's motives. During the joint tour, Axl talked to him about some of his ideas for new music videos and Lars used some of those ideas for Metallica's videos without his consent. Axl also said that Lars would call him up and call him a friend, but at this point, Axl was convinced that he was just a double-talkin jive motherfucker who was out to mooch something off him. That was why he dedicated the song to James and Lars at one of the shows.

I suppose Axl has changed his mind about him after all those years.

i think Axl is feeling so much pressure against him with being the only member of Guns N' Roses in the band that he's happy to take whatever support he can get from people in the rock world even if it means having to accept people he previously closed out

BBF let me play his guitar and I told him ''i love you'', he said ''i love you too brother''.

U R GAY

U R JEALOUS

If it were Slash, then yes I'd admit I was jealous...but jealous of Ron Thal? Yeah, right.

And about the Metallica/GNR thing - these two bands DID hate each other...it all stemmed from the Montreal show where Hetfield was burned and Axl had to quit the show 2 songs in to their set list because he couldn't hear himself (a good amount of equipment was burned). GNR walks off and a riot starts, Lars blames Axl.

I have a bootleg from New Haven '93 and Axl dedicates Double Talkin Jive to "Lars". These guys can make up (having no reason to) but Axl and Slash can't? WTF?

And yes Lars is a bit of a wanker because of the whole download/napster thing. That and Metallica haven't produced a GOOD album since 1991 (take Load and Reload for whatever they are - good music but NOT Metallica).

Plus the fact that Slash and co have spent the better part of the 90's destroying Axl reputation by launching lawsuit after lawsuit. Could that be it? Besides they make the music for themselves, not for what every person on the planet...

Eh, I was never a fan of Metallica, very boring, dull and monotone. But cool all the same I suppose...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Dec 17 2006, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

U R GAY

U R JEALOUS

Plus the fact that Slash and co have spent the better part of the 90's destroying Axl reputation by launching lawsuit after lawsuit. Could that be it? Besides they make the music for themselves, not for what every person on the planet...

Eh, I was never a fan of Metallica, very boring, dull and monotone.

No.