Axl and Lars in Oakland!

gnrlies

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: What is 'gak'

Its a band Axl, Slash, Duff, Ulrich, Hetfield, Baz and that other guitarplayer from metallica made for a special gig in Hollywood.

'gak' is slang term for crystal meth, which i imagine is where they got the name....

Lars is easily one of my favourite drummers. His stage presence when he drums is second-to-none, perhaps only challenged by the late John Bonham of Led Zeppelin. Hopefully someone is going to upload a video of this onto YouTube!

are you fucking kidding me?

Lars didn't bring out his danish flag...

No-one took photos because security was so tight.

Even mobile phone cameras - the security guards were like jumping down your throat. They didn't even have press photographers.

Im sure someone snuck in a photo though....

That was a nice surprise. Glad to see Axl and Lars can get along again. And if anyone is pissed at Lars about the whole napster thing, remember this...if Axl was releasing CD's during that time, he would have felt the same way.

That's cool that Lars came out. He's a smart guy, maybe he should be the new GNR manager. Anyway, we should have speculated this or guessed that he may have come out during the SF show. After all, Lars and the guys in Metallica live in the San Francisco area and Lars and Axl were hanging out some this summer during the European festivals.

The show was incredible. I was right int he fucking front.

I have a new found love for Fortus/BBF/ and Axl. All gave me an more than awesome time. BBF let me play his guitar and I told him ''i love you'', he said ''i love you too brother''. axl saw me singing the blues and smiled and nodded. fortus kept looking at me and waving. dunno why.

all in all, greatest night in my life.

That's cool that Lars came out. He's a smart guy, maybe he should be the new GNR manager. Anyway, we should have speculated this or guessed that he may have come out during the SF show. After all, Lars and the guys in Metallica live in the San Francisco area and Lars and Axl were hanging out some this summer during the European festivals.

Would have been awesome if James or Kirk came out and played.

BBF let me play his guitar and I told him ''i love you'', he said ''i love you too brother''.

U R GAY

U R JEALOUS

If it were Slash, then yes I'd admit I was jealous...but jealous of Ron Thal? Yeah, right.

And about the Metallica/GNR thing - these two bands DID hate each other...it all stemmed from the Montreal show where Hetfield was burned and Axl had to quit the show 2 songs in to their set list because he couldn't hear himself (a good amount of equipment was burned). GNR walks off and a riot starts, Lars blames Axl.

I have a bootleg from New Haven '93 and Axl dedicates Double Talkin Jive to "Lars". These guys can make up (having no reason to) but Axl and Slash can't? WTF?

And yes Lars is a bit of a wanker because of the whole download/napster thing. That and Metallica haven't produced a GOOD album since 1991 (take Load and Reload for whatever they are - good music but NOT Metallica).