Lets not lose our heads

BIGHURT35DH

adjective

1. of the nature of or made or done as a trial, experiment, or attempt; experimental:

2. unsure; uncertain; not definite or positive; hesitant

3. Not fully worked out, concluded, or agreed on; provisional: tentative plans.

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

March 6th doesnt sound too definite to me....

adjective

1. of the nature of or made or done as a trial, experiment, or attempt; experimental:

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

then fuck off :)

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

I knew that :rolleyes:

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

excuse me for not being a gullable fuckin moron like yourself

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

It's time to grow up.

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

This is a worthless post.

Axl didn't say he's tentatively releasing the album March 6th because it's for sure. Until the final, ready-to-go product is delivered to the label, it is not definet. All you have told us is what Axl told us last week. Thank you for wasting my 45 seconds.

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

This is a worthless post.

It's perfectly valid. Sometimes I think the band should communicate using tiny little words only, because they use a word like TENTATIVE and then all of a sudden every man and his dog things that March 6th is a certain date.

March 6th is not a certain date. It's tentative.

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! THAT'S WHAT "TENTATIVE" MEANS!? Who would've thought!?

Man, where would we be without you? Thanks for the heads up.

It's very common for release dates to be set and widely announced, only to be pushed back a week or two, sometimes a month. Less frequently, the dates can be moved up to an earlier time, i.e. if the album is leaked in full and the company wants to make sure they don't 'lose any sales' to a bunch of people who never intended on buying the record to begin with.

At this point I'm inclined to believe that March 6 means "on or around" March 6, maybe a week or two after, maybe even before. Time will tell. Axl himself hasn't ever stated a specific release date for the album in an official platform before, so I take his announcement to mean that he's certain this time. He waited to speak until he was ready.

Because he has opened his mouth this time, if we have to wait another year or two then he'll lose even more credibility than he has during all 10 years that we've been waiting for this record.

It's very common for release dates to be set and widely announced, only to be pushed back a week or two, sometimes a month. Less frequently, the dates can be moved up to an earlier time, i.e. if the album is leaked in full and the company wants to make sure they don't 'lose any sales' to a bunch of people who never intended on buying the record to begin with.

At this point I'm inclined to believe that March 6 means "on or around" March 6, maybe a week or two after, maybe even before. Time will tell. Axl himself hasn't ever stated a specific release date for the album in an official platform before, so I take his announcement to mean that he's certain this time. He waited to speak until he was ready.

Because he has opened his mouth this time, if we have to wait another year or two then he'll lose even more credibility than he has during all 10 years that we've been waiting for this record.

i aint believing shit, until im holding the disc in my hands.

march 6... this is coming from the man who assured us all that 2006 would be the year the CD finally comes out.

i aint believing shit, until im holding the disc in my hands.

march 6... this is coming from the man who assured us all that 2006 would be the year the CD finally comes out.

I think this puts everything into perspective: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/mus...;pagewanted=all

It is now 20 years since Live Like A Suicide was released. It has been a weird fucking ride man.

Edited by smokingarthur

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

then alert the media, and go away, is there anymore negative things you can find??? Try real hard dude, then just stop starting stupid threads.

One month is like a year in Axl's world. Remember when Bucket quit in 2004 and Axl said that he hoped to announce a release date in a few months? While it's been nearly 3 years since then, and he's just announced a tentative release date. I just hope the album comes out in 2007, but a March release date seems unlikely, as Axl hasn't even finished the album.

We all know that it is not guaranteed. Axl said it himself using more than just the word tentative.

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album.

I think the hope lies in the second sentence where for the first time in 13 years they gave an actual date instead of "this year", "this fall" or "one of the next 13 tuesdays".

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.

Excelent point. I've been noticing this in both fans and media ever since the letter was put out. People and especialy media often misquote it and say it as it's a 100% sure thing. Which only leads to more shit for gnr if they don't make it.

Exactly - every outlet that has picked this up is leaving out the "tentative" part and reporting it as the exact release date.Now ,if March 6th comes and goes without the record then you'll probably see a bunch of "Axl lies again!!" stories pop up all over the place when he never guaranteed that it would be out on that date to begin with.The troubling part of this is that most fans know the score,but the casual person just laughs and says "He's full of shit - that album is never coming out" - this is what most people say to me on a daily basis - i just hate how shit gets twisted in the press........ :anger:

adjective

4.Uncertain; hesitant.