Axl Rose By Sante D'Orazio

Creepman 06

Guess I'm the only one that hates these pics. I hate seeing Axl posing in designer clothes for a fashion magazine, like he's some sort of fashionista or something. These pics don't look very Guns N' Roses to me. Guns N' Roses is supposed to be a dirty, low life, rock n' roll band. I'd much rather see just one cool pic of the band together, in T shirts and jeans, standing side by side. You know, like most rock bands do and like GN'R used to do. But maybe that's not who Axl is anymore.

:no:

Yeah but the thing is, Axl aint a dirty, low life anymore. He's a rich motherfuckin rockstar, so if he acted like he was still, then he would be called a poser.

Also, if you read the transcription of the article, the leathers and shit Axl used to wear were all custom made and cost more money then these designer clothes that he is wearing now. So he's always been about expensive things, in that sense he hasnt changed.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm the only one that hates these pics. I hate seeing Axl posing in designer clothes for a fashion magazine, like he's some sort of fashionista or something. These pics don't look very Guns N' Roses to me. Guns N' Roses is supposed to be a dirty, low life, rock n' roll band. I'd much rather see just one cool pic of the band together, in T shirts and jeans, standing side by side. You know, like most rock bands do and like GN'R used to do. But maybe that's not who Axl is anymore.

:no:

Believe it or not, but people grow up. Frankly, I'm glad he hasn't tried to stick with his "bad boy" image... as at his age it would look quite silly. Not only that but you'd get so many bashers saying "He's just stuck in the past, he needs to move on". Hell, if we all liked a band that never changed, we'd be at a Twisted Sister forum. Having said that, I'm sure Axl will pose for a few "old fashioned rock 'n' roll" pics in the future, just to please the older fans. But I doubt we'll see a lot.

I get all that. I just don't like the whole fashion thing. It's not very rock n' roll if you ask me. You'll probably ask me does Axl need to continue to perpetuate the rock n' roll image forever? Well, it's Guns N' Roses! They were as rock n' roll as it gets, and if Axl wants to make a comeback I simply hate seeing him posing in designer clothes in freaking Vogue magazine. It undermines the image he built up long ago for himself and the band. You know what? GN'R should be bad ass rockers. That's the whole point. Not a bunch of metrosexuals. The difference between him wearing expensive clothes in the past and him doing it now is that he's doing it a lot more conspicuously now.

I'm not saying Axl can't change, but I don't like seeing such a drastic change. I'd prefer him to project the same image as before, just toned down a bit. He actually does this in concert so it's not as big a stretch as you make it sound.

JMO. In the end Axl can do what he wants.

Edited by KBear

Tynia at htgth noticed that in the last pages there's a translation for the article. I didn't noticed before :)

I took 3 pics with my camera.

Axl Rose by Sante D'Orazio - Text.zip

Thanks for the article ! It's a good read.

Axl said to Sante d'Orazio that he had no time for music for the last 10 years as he had to face 30-40 lawsuits. :o

Vogue article

Edited by Axingn'r