GNR, Chinese Democ. on "THE LEAK" Possible??

Sweetest_Child

The Leak on MTV is a new and cool thing, do you think axl would allow it to happen or how MYSPACE does the album preview a day or two before it is released for internet buzz creation? I personally dont think he would do it, but who knows, if it was him who leaked the other songs on purpose, he might have find it useful, discuss?

Agreed, that way might be ideal for lesser bands who really need that publicity, but when CD comes out, EVERYONE will know

Posts like the above one are complete, 100% BULLSHIT.

RHCP's Stadium Arcadium was put on VH1's website with something similar called "Hear Music First." The argument that big names don't use it is complete garbage.

Having said that, I don't think Axl will use it because he wants mystery around the album (or at least I think he does).

Now now, I never said they don't use it. I said they don't NEED to, RHCP at this stage of their career really need no promotion whatsoever and their records will sell like crazy. But this, Chinese Democracy, is the most anticipated rock album of the past decade. Sure, they COULD put it online, but WHY is the real question. People will buy it out of curiosity anyway, why not encourage that a little?