Why is Axl so stingy on live material?

Son Of A Gun

Axl runs around too much to release a perfect live album. Watching Axl at a show is mesmerizing, and that doesn't come across when on a live album. Axl needs to play a couple low key gigs where he ditches his stage moves and just stands there and sings. I don't know if any of you guys owns the live "Band of Gypsies" album by Jimi Hendrix? It is an amazing live album which has a cool story behind it. Jimi played a live show at the Fillmore East where he pulled out all his stage moves, like playing the guitar with his teeth and behind his back. He walked off stage, and famed promoter and owner of the Fillmore, Bill Graham, told him that he was not impressed in the least. Jimi was taken aback by Grahams criticism of his showing off, and so when he went back out later on to perform another show, he just stood there and played. The result of doing this was the classic live album "Band of Gypsies". This is exactly what Axl needs to do in order to release a classic live album. I would pay anything to go to a show and just watch Axl stand there and sing. If Axl were to do this for a couple shows there is no doubt in my mind that he could put out a classic live album.

That happened in Donnington 2006 while performing "Better". Axl was pissed of as hell, so je just stood there and sang the song. He didn't miss one word on the whole song.

Edited by final_touches

Axl runs around too much to release a perfect live album. Watching Axl at a show is mesmerizing, and that doesn't come across when on a live album. Axl needs to play a couple low key gigs where he ditches his stage moves and just stands there and sings. I don't know if any of you guys owns the live "Band of Gypsies" album by Jimi Hendrix? It is an amazing live album which has a cool story behind it. Jimi played a live show at the Fillmore East where he pulled out all his stage moves, like playing the guitar with his teeth and behind his back. He walked off stage, and famed promoter and owner of the Fillmore, Bill Graham, told him that he was not impressed in the least. Jimi was taken aback by Grahams criticism of his showing off, and so when he went back out later on to perform another show, he just stood there and played. The result of doing this was the classic live album "Band of Gypsies". This is exactly what Axl needs to do in order to release a classic live album. I would pay anything to go to a show and just watch Axl stand there and sing. If Axl were to do this for a couple shows there is no doubt in my mind that he could put out a classic live album.

That happened in Donnington 2006 while performing "Better". Axl was pissed of as hell, so je just stood there and sang the song. He didn't miss one word on the whole song.

Very true.

He sounds pretty much exactly like he does on the demo. I was very impressed with it.

YOU PEOPLE ARE DUMB AND HAVE NO EYES. I SAID NOT IF HE RELEASES A LIVE ALBUM. BUT IF HE JUST UPLOADS SOME OF THE SHOWS THEY DO ON THE NET. FOR THE FANS TO HAVE TO DOWNLOAD.

Oh, so you mean you want Axl to encourage illegal downloading?

No Dave, what I think Son of a Gun is referring to is the type of thing that Pearl Jam do. For a while they've been recording all of their shows and about a month or so after they played it, it will be available for download off their site for $9.99 (a bit more if you want an FLAC torrent). It's a perfect quality soundboard with a good audience level (at least the one i got for Reading Festival 2006 was) and they come with cd covers to print off and a load of really good pictures from the show.

Some of you may be thinking why should I pay another $9.99 for a concert i already payed for? i had no issues with paying the price of 2 beers at the festival (about £6/£7) to have a perfect copy of one of the best performances i have ever witnessed (this was due in no small part to the people i was with and what we were on!!) and it brings back wicked memories.

So the point is, it is very feasible for Axl to be able to do this as Son of a Gun is suggesting, but as is the answer to pretty much every thread on this forum - It's all up to Axl.