A Timeline from NOW, JAN 2007 to MARCH 2007...

Sweetest_Child

Ok heres an idea...

lets develop a timeline of what the processes are from now until march

First of all, if axl wants this March 6th, (EARLY MARCH) he needs to have this album to retailers by at the LATEST February 28th.

So the PROCESSES that need to be completeted before the album is released.

"FINAL TOUCHES" of Post production... Including, vocal adlibs, tweaks, etc.. (DONE??... )

Record Companys Input (If Any) , ... Tracklist selection, single selection, video preperation for Filiming, setting the actual release date, public statement, prepation for promotion, Album Cover Work

(4 Weeks??)

Distrubution of Album and Promoting Time Now, to get an album like this out with perhaps a WORLD release date or a national release date, they need to have the proper time to get this to retailers and if he still wants to keep it on hush, have agreements with retailers not to talk about it or open the boxes. (working in retail previously, there HAS been agreements with our store not to open certain dvd packages or cds before a certain date) SO.. it is possible...

(3 Weeks??) ...

Video Recorded and Single released now he said he was going to do it, so lets think... IT IS POSSIBLE to do a video is DAYS but realistically with post and pre production, and how picky axl is.. it could take weeks to do it, also a single to have on radio SHOULD be at stations the LATEST end of January! I work in the radio industry in promotions, now i work with a sister rock station, so i will know when a single comes for that. PLUS i get universal distrubution information regularly.

(time.. ??? Who knows?)

So i think he has a TON of work to get done here... You guys SHOULD know if the album is coming out by March 6th if there isnt either an official single by the latest end of Jan. Retailers should even get information soon. The ball should be really rolling right now for him to get that album out.

Your Thoughts???

Kind of seems like tempting fate to me. Axl described Mar 06 as being a tentative release date. If a single materializes in the next few weeks, then by all means, go nuts with the countdown hype. But until then, let's not forget which band and which record we're talking about. :)

Edited by Angelica

very true

but when the media found out about a release date in general you gotta start assuming that we will hear something from somebody with progress very soon...

I don't think it's safe to assume anything when Axl's involved. While a potential release date from the horse's mouth is a major development, it's going to take more than that to convince me we'll see the record in 2007, let alone in March. If a single and/or video happens, I'll jump on board. Until then, I'm not expecting next year to be any different to this one.

Until Universal announces that they have the album in their posession, than a present or future timeline doesn't need to exist.

One thing the Axl and Merck letters helped do is to kill off bullshit speculation and rumors. I know its hard to veer away from doing that since thats all we've done for years, but its time to face the facts. No one ever really knew anything about the album, and since Universal never had CD in their posession, it always had a zero percent chance of release.

Now with it supposedly coming out next year, the only thing to look forward to is a press release/announcement from Universal, and/or another letter from Axl.

Everything else is meaningless bullshit.

Axl said in his letter that it takes 8 weeks fro mthe time the finished songs are turned into the record company till they end up on store shelves. Which mean the company needs it by the end of next week if there gonna make the "tentative" March 5 date. After 12 years of insanity with this project, i can't beleive there only a week away from that point.

New single by hte ned of January to get it to radio stations. Once that happens, then you have a pretty firm committment, until then, we wait... <_<

Video Recorded and Single released now he said he was going to do it, so lets think... IT IS POSSIBLE to do a video is DAYS but realistically with post and pre production, and how picky axl is.. it could take weeks to do it

Add to that the fact that this video is likely to be on the larger side of normal, probably both financially and visually.

Video Recorded and Single released now he said he was going to do it, so lets think... IT IS POSSIBLE to do a video is DAYS but realistically with post and pre production, and how picky axl is.. it could take weeks to do it

Add to that the fact that this video is likely to be on the larger side of normal, probably both financially and visually.

Who would spend money on a video nowadays ? The nineties are over, guys.

If JamesLofton were here he'd post, "Some people don't even know the eighties are over".:laugh:

Ok heres an idea...

lets develop a timeline of what the processes are from now until march

First of all, if axl wants this March 6th, (EARLY MARCH) he needs to have this album to retailers by at the LATEST February 28th.

So the PROCESSES that need to be completeted before the album is released.

"FINAL TOUCHES" of Post production... Including, vocal adlibs, tweaks, etc.. (DONE??... )

Record Companys Input (If Any) , ... Tracklist selection, single selection, video preperation for Filiming, setting the actual release date, public statement, prepation for promotion, Album Cover Work

(4 Weeks??)

Distrubution of Album and Promoting Time Now, to get an album like this out with perhaps a WORLD release date or a national release date, they need to have the proper time to get this to retailers and if he still wants to keep it on hush, have agreements with retailers not to talk about it or open the boxes. (working in retail previously, there HAS been agreements with our store not to open certain dvd packages or cds before a certain date) SO.. it is possible...

(3 Weeks??) ...

Video Recorded and Single released now he said he was going to do it, so lets think... IT IS POSSIBLE to do a video is DAYS but realistically with post and pre production, and how picky axl is.. it could take weeks to do it, also a single to have on radio SHOULD be at stations the LATEST end of January! I work in the radio industry in promotions, now i work with a sister rock station, so i will know when a single comes for that. PLUS i get universal distrubution information regularly.

(time.. ??? Who knows?)

So i think he has a TON of work to get done here... You guys SHOULD know if the album is coming out by March 6th if there isnt either an official single by the latest end of Jan. Retailers should even get information soon. The ball should be really rolling right now for him to get that album out.

Your Thoughts???

speculation speculation speculation, i dont see a video before the album comes out unless its live fotage or it has already been done

Well this could help the band if axl spent alot of money on a video and it was done very well. It would help the single gain attention and maybe some awards or something.