SEX PISTOLS REUNION?!?!?!?!

frankwhite

the Sex Pistols can't be the Sex Pistols when they are in their 50's. It will look ridiculous

what?!?!?! what the fuck has age got to do with music? as long as your fingers work well enough to hold down/strum the right strings and your hands work well enough to pound the right skins and ur voice works to yell you're the right age. thats the worst excuse i ever heard, they're in their 50s, well guns n roses are in their forties, tell me, whats the age where u get put out to pasture, this is music, they're not fuckin race horses or pots of yoghurts, theres no fuckin expiry date!

I LOVE THE SEX PISTOLS......and i would love to see them but!..there would sadly be no Sid..are you guys mad? with no Sid, it aint as good. i think Rotten is awsome but now days he's just a nasty old man clinging to his youth. Id still go to see them, and it would be amazing, but id have that feeling of missing somone crucial to the band

I LOVE THE SEX PISTOLS......and i would love to see them but!..there would sadly be no Sid..are you guys mad? with no Sid, it aint as good. i think Rotten is awsome but now days he's just a nasty old man clinging to his youth. Id still go to see them, and it would be amazing, but id have that feeling of missing somone crucial to the band

nasty old man? if you look into his life a little you'll find he's...very human, very caring about the world and the people in it. and, although sid is sorely missed, he could hardly play and...well he wasnt an orignal member, these are the people who wrote/recorded the music and were the sex pistols who got famous. sid was only "involved" and i use the term VERY loosely in the writing of holidays in the sun, belsen was a gas, and the recording of bodies and god save the queen and even that was purposely put REALLY low in the mix cuz it sounded like shit.

nasty old man? if you look into his life a little you'll find he's...very human, very caring about the world and the people in it. and, although sid is sorely missed, he could hardly play and...well he wasnt an orignal member, these are the people who wrote/recorded the music and were the sex pistols who got famous. sid was only "involved" and i use the term VERY loosely in the writing of holidays in the sun, belsen was a gas, and the recording of bodies and god save the queen and even that was purposely put REALLY low in the mix cuz it sounded like shit.

Well if you know anything about Sid, it was the image that did it, infact some people would argue Sid was the best pistol...John Lydon...im sorry but I do know things about him and his life, and yes he's very caring and shows a love for anymals these days. but chucking coffee over the Sham 69's lead singers face, is quite childish..his reason? Becuz sham 69 was turning punk into pop appreantly :rolleyes:

Well if you know anything about Sid, it was the image that did it, infact some people would argue Sid was the best pistol...John Lydon...im sorry but I do know things about him and his life, and yes he's very caring and shows a love for anymals these days. but chucking coffee over the Sham 69's lead singers face, is quite childish..his reason? Becuz sham 69 was turning punk into pop appreantly :rolleyes:

no one knows what happened with that Jimmy Pursey incident at immigration so you cant judge WHAT the disagreement was about. i didnt just mean he was caring based on his nature show, i meant in general he's a humanist, read his autobiography, explains a lot. and as for Sid i know it was about image but THATS the problem, Sid was, to my mind (which dont mean a lot) a very young very confused person who got in over his head in a situation and felt he had to act a certain way and it resulted in his death. he was a kid who died for the biggest nothing ever and i can't...begin to describe how tragic i think that is.

and to the guy who said they aint got nothin on the stooges:

"i dont know Johnny Rotten, but i bet he puts as much passion into his work as Sigmund Freud" - Iggy Pop.

the pistols are JUST as good as the stooges and thats saying a lot because i have a LOT of respect for the stooges. two very different bands anyway.

Edited by frankwhite

I've just read a funny Andrew Loog Oldham (ex-Rolling Stones manager) interview in which he said that Malcom McLaren's idea was to catapult the Sex Pistols to stardom without recording any album...That was a brilliant idea according to Andrew Loog Oldham. Oldham also said that it's a shame that the Pistols have recorded stuff 'cause the world would be a better place if they hadn't.

the pistols are JUST as good as the stooges

Explain.

well they both played kinda three chords rock n roll, they both were INTENSELY passionate bands, they both had hugely charismatic frontmen. the stooges explored music a little more, what with Funhouses freeform jazz influence and iggys little bluesy touches but thats only cuz they had more output, if the pistols had put out more music, it woulda been some DIFFERENT shit, with a capital D which is kinda shown by the fact that John Rotten formed PiL afterwards and they were more musically out there and experimental than the stooges. then again, there is the thing that the reason the pistols broke up was cuz two of the pistols didnt wanna go down that experimental route and wanted to stick to rock n roll although, in a way, if you look at raw power which came after funhouse, it was an intense album but it wasnt experimental like funhouse was, it was like, goin back to rock n roll only with a passion that no on they both had a hard time of it and BUILT a core audience, they both were hugely influential but the pistols were influential outside of just music and made an impact on fashion, attitudes etc. Raw Power and Nevermind The Bollocks are two of the most harshest albums i have EVER heard, they're like a sonic assault, the pistols covered No Fun, interpreted it wildly differently and made a version that i think is a compliment to the Stooges orignal which was a kinda bluesy meandering effort which was really wonderful but the pistols one was like...an angry kinda boredom, a malaise that i think any teenager with a degree of passion can relate to. i could go on but...i dunno, want more reasons? they both instigated and spearheaded a TREMENDOUS amount of change in popular music.

andy needs to get his head out of his ass and realise that there were some glaring parallels between the stones and the pistols anyway and if it werent for the stones he'd be nothing more than some kinda fuckin shyster. early on in my life i HATED bands like the stones et al without even havin heard much of em (which is ignorant as fuck) but it was what they seemed to represent and it was this fuckin kinda asshead attitude was why. the rock establishment has this fuckin thing up their ass about the pistols, like they were all so much better back in the day. i think its bullshit, to knock another mans hustle, its a bitch move. "they can't plaaaaaayyy" well excuse me, the stones were hardly Segovias when they started and the pistols only got one album out.

it is true tho that that was malcolm's idea, for them to not release anything but it was just a delusion he entertained, he had exactly NOTHING to do with the music, by his and everyone elses admission.

Edited by frankwhite

no one knows what happened with that Jimmy Pursey incident at immigration so you cant judge WHAT the disagreement was about. i didnt just mean he was caring based on his nature show, i meant in general he's a humanist, read his autobiography, explains a lot. and as for Sid i know it was about image but THATS the problem, Sid was, to my mind (which dont mean a lot) a very young very confused person who got in over his head in a situation and felt he had to act a certain way and it resulted in his death. he was a kid who died for the biggest nothing ever and i can't...begin to describe how tragic i think that is.

"i dont know Johnny Rotten, but i bet he puts as much passion into his work as Sigmund Freud" - Iggy Pop.

the pistols are JUST as good as the stooges and thats saying a lot because i have a LOT of respect for the stooges. two very different bands anyway.

well I doubt Jimmy Pursey would just lie on televsion about such a crazy thing. Ive herd things about the Rotten one, some good some bad, most the time it's BS but one thing I do know, He's still trying to be that punk, he was all those years ago. just dont like it - My opinion

well I doubt Jimmy Pursey would just lie on televsion about such a crazy thing. Ive herd things about the Rotten one, some good some bad, most the time it's BS but one thing I do know, He's still trying to be that punk, he was all those years ago. just dont like it - My opinion

well it sounds odd doesnt it? that he'd risk throwing hot coffee at Pursey, at the fucking american embassy for such a ludicrous reason, knowing full well he has a hard time getting a visa and hasta reapply every six month because he has a drug offence on his criminal record which makes it VERY hard to get into america. i dont think he's trying to be anything, hasn't it sunk in yet? he's been like this since forever, theres a reason for that and that reason is because its who he is, he is "that punk" (whatever that means) just a little older thats all. like axl still pretty much acts like the axl of old.

Edited by frankwhite

well you seem to defend Rotten quite strongly, I respect that. obviously youre a fan..so am I

shall we leave it as that? Il agree Johnny isant a "nast old man" as i put it. Yeah like you said just who he is a little older. He dose have this agressivenes about him wich is a bit annoying I dont know if thats cool?! he called Axl a "Fraud" dis-respected Ozzy, and then said "Rock n Roll will never die but you fucks will" ....now thats actully a fair statement but i cant help but think if he wasent in the sex pistols, maybe he'd be less atention seeking and more friendly who knows? Im geusing your gonna get on your high horse again now right?

well you seem to defend Rotten quite strongly, I respect that. obviously youre a fan..so am I

shall we leave it as that? Il agree Johnny isant a "nast old man" as i put it. Yeah like you said just who he is a little older. He dose have this agressivenes about him wich is a bit annoying I dont know if thats cool?! he called Axl a "Fraud" dis-respected Ozzy, and then said "Rock n Roll will never die but you fucks will" ....now thats actully a fair statement but i cant help but think if he wasent in the sex pistols, maybe he'd be less atention seeking and more friendly who knows? Im geusing your gonna get on your high horse again now right?

oh can i, please please pleeeeeease?? :lol: nah, ur right, he does have his funny ways about him. sorry, i do come off kind of a aggressive know-all dickhead sometimes dont i? i actually agree with his comments on the various famous people you mentioned although they were a little more blunt than is necessary.

Edited by frankwhite

hmmmm maybe..but thats why i like you.. :wub: ..

EDIT: ya see I Love Axl & Ozzy their my 2 faves. im quite obsessed actully heh

it's natural of me to deffend them....even if they are in the wrong LOL, Just like you've shown youre love for the pistols and mr Lydon.

Edited by Spark the determination