Kurt Cobain

axlrose15

40 years...I can imagine,if he was alive today,Nirvana probably would sound like R.E.M and should have ended in 97

didn't nirvana break up a couple of days before his death? not officially but they all knew it was over. but the music would have been very interesting to hear :)

Happy Birthday, though the question is...

Where were you when you heard about it? I was on a bus travelling from Kilmarnock to Edinburgh - having been absolutely pie-eyed with my girlfriend of the time the night before.

I'm not really sure why, but I was quite stunned at the time - even though I hadn't really "discovered" them properly and wasn't what you'd call a big fan.

I went home and I borrowed/ stole my flatmate's copy of Incesticide after that. I listened to it for about a year solidly and I never gave it back! In fact, I had to buy it again because it was all scratched to fuck.

I'm a huge fan these days and I don't really care for whether or not Cobain was the saviour of mankind or whether they were the greatest band ever or what have you - that's not important. They made some music I loved and they were awesome live.

I doubt Nirvana would be around today had Kurt not taken his life, though I think he'd have gone on to make a lot of solo stuff and definitely would have divorced!

hey dude kurt meant a lot to me and it is nice to remember that it was this guy's birthday on this day, we can say happy birthday if we want

Was that meant for me??

I have no problem with the thread...I was commenting on the oxymoron statement.

hey dude kurt meant a lot to me and it is nice to remember that it was this guy's birthday on this day, we can say happy birthday if we want

Was that meant for me??

no it was for gina9 you posted faster than me before and i never realised your post was there until id finished sorry lol

Was that meant for me??

no it was for gina9 you posted faster than me before and i never realised your post was there until id finished sorry lol

There is ok to remember that there was someone's birthday on this day, but not wish happy birthday, it's a little awkward

Was that meant for me??

There is ok to remember that there was someone's birthday on this day, but not wish happy birthday, it's a little awkward

Does it make a difference if the person's deed. It's still his birthday. Even though his blowing out of the candles would be a bit of a non-event. :o