War Of The Roses

one of my m8s at school is argueing that new gnr is shit,

he likes paul weller / the jam.

i just want to decide.

who is betteR?

The New Guns N Roses

OR

The Jam / Paul weller solo

this is suppose to be in the other forum but i want to prove him wrong right now

Edited by War Of The Roses

Weller is one of the people I hate with a passion.

That said you can't be right or wrong when it comes to music it's opinion.

And coming onto a GnR board to ask who is better between GnR and ANYONE is not gonna get a fair response.

I don't like the Jam or Weller one bit, but saying that doesn't prove anything.

You will get some dicks saying "new GnR are worse, but the proper GnR are better".

That's still horse shit though.

LP

I wasn't around for The Jam... or the wanky bum rocketeers, The Style Council for that matter.

I WAS around for Noel Gallagher singing Paul Weller's praises to the point of annoyance though.

I realise that he (Paul Weller) and they (Jam sandwich) have a huge following and probably rightly so, I'd suppose...

...but, I myself, can't stand the sounds Weller makes (in the main).

That's a personal issue though - who am I to say?

I am boring enough to own in excess of 40,000 records (Hurray for me) - begged bought, borrowed and stolen - of every "genre" I can lay my hands on.

To compare them to Guns N Roses and say they are "better" is, in my eyes, a ridiculous notion... but I accept that it's all down to personal taste.

I'm not a big fan of Britney Spears either (aside from her tits and baldy head), but I realise that millions of people are.

You will never ever win this debate - but you can secretly rest on your laurels that you are probably correct because GNR rock the fucking socks off god and jesus, the baby pandas and all the orphans - and the Jam don't even shine the ingrowing toenail of the little toe that's in those socks, on the panda's feet or in the raggedy shoes of the little orphan annies.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I'm a biased fucker because I'd still be trying to change from D to E Major with my mitten fingers if it wasn't for Mr Slash and Izzy.

You will always be shot down in flames at a Jam convention - but what the hell? You're still right!... and Weller never pissed on a plane.