Roger Waters saysthat he wants a reunion and apologizes

coolio GNR

Roger Waters Wants Pink Floyd Reunion

Former Pink Floyd member Roger Waters has said that he would like his former band to reunite again.

Waters played Live 8 in July, 2005, with David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright.

Speaking about the event, Waters said: "I felt it was very important for me to do Live 8, and I thought it was great to get on stage with the other three guys. I had nothing but positive feelings about that... I would do something else (like Live 8) in a heartbeat - but if it was for anything more than a few songs, then I think there would be difficulties."

Waters said the relationships in the band were business like. He said: "I think it would be very cordial if we ever spoke to each other, but don't inhabit the same world socially. Rick (Wright) and I were never really friends, and Dave (Gilmour) and I were never really friends, so the fact that we are still no longer really friends is kind of irrelevant to all of our lives."

He also admitted his part in the band's demise.

Waters told Agence France-Press: "I don't think any of us came out of the years from 1985 with any credit, really. It was a bad, negative time, really. And I regret my part in that negativity. Why should I have imposed my feeling about the work and what it was worth on the others, if they didn't feel the same? I was wrong in attempting to do that."

Sources:

NME.com

The Rock Radio

Edited by coolio GNR

I really do respect him for apologizing for his behavior back in the 80's

Agreed. But I think all of them have released statements like this over time. Admitting a part in it.

Rog was terrible back then though. None of them were saint.

I like the way they talk about eachother and the band on the DVD's Making Of Dark Side Of The Moon and The Pink Floyd & Syd Barrett story (the deluxe edition). Very respectful towards eachother. Still very English, very reserved. But still very respectful towards one another in a credit where credit is due and we all make mistakes kind of way. There's some very fascinating stuff on both those DVD's. Definitely worth their money.

Do you think it will ever happen? Is this the next step?

I really do respect him for apologizing for his behavior back in the 80's

Agreed. But I think all of them have released statements like this over time. Admitting a part in it.

Rog was terrible back then though. None of them were saint.

I like the way they talk about eachother and the band on the DVD's Making Of Dark Side Of The Moon and The Pink Floyd & Syd Barrett story (the deluxe edition). Very respectful towards eachother. Still very English, very reserved. But still very respectful towards one another in a credit where credit is due and we all make mistakes kind of way. There's some very fascinating stuff on both those DVD's. Definitely worth their money.

Do you think it will ever happen? Is this the next step?

It would be awesome and given the whole Live 8 thing it's a lot more likely than a GNR (AAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHH!) reunion type thing.

I lost the whole pink floyd vibe around about Momentary Lapse so it'd be the most amazing thing ever if they toured with waters. There aren't many tickets I'd die for - but that'd be one of them!

Pink Floyd basically became a Roger Waters solo project. He was the boss, everyone had to do it his way. They broke up.

A few years later, David Gilmour decided he wants to continue doing Pink Floyd without Roger. Court battle ensues. David owns name "Pink Floyd" despite the fact he is not an original member. David, Nick, and Rick make 2 albums and tour under Pink Floyd name. Meanwhile, Roger does solo stuff with the likes of Eric Clapton, Doyle Bramhall II, and some guys that were secondary members of Pink Floyd at various times.

Live 8 comes along, and they reunite for four songs fo starving kids in Africa.

Pink Floyd basically became a Roger Waters solo project. He was the boss, everyone had to do it his way. They broke up.

A few years later, David Gilmour decided he wants to continue doing Pink Floyd without Roger. Court battle ensues. David owns name "Pink Floyd" despite the fact he is not an original member. David, Nick, and Rick make 2 albums and tour under Pink Floyd name. Meanwhile, Roger does solo stuff with the likes of Eric Clapton, Doyle Bramhall II, and some guys that were secondary members of Pink Floyd at various times.

Live 8 comes along, and they reunite for four songs fo starving kids in Africa.

Actually, I think in 1994 David wanted Roger to come back but Roger said no. Am I right?