The Weirdness

Zint

holy shit!

Rock and Roll was just given the Heimlich Maneuver!

Now THAT is a fuckin rock record!It's oozing cool from beginning to end!

Every song works in that deconstructed Stooges style.

I knew they would deliver the goods!

'tis a good day! B)

im fuckin broke, fuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!! shit shit!!!! fuck it, im gonna borrow 20 offa somebody, i'm havin that fuckin album!!!!

EDIT:

Stooges reunion went horribly awry with 2007's The Weirdness. It would have been foolish to expect The Weirdness to sound just like The Stooges or Fun House, given how much water has flowed under the bridge, but what's startling is how little this album recalls the primal groove of their previous work (or the sound they recently delivered on-stage). While Ron Asheton's guitar howls as loud as ever, the pulsating wah-wah and ripsaw fuzz that were his aural trademarks are all but missing, and while his solos step back into the noisy id, they lack the coherence and internal logic of his brilliant work on Fun House. Similarly, Scott Asheton's drumming is muscular and his timing is superb, but while he created an unexpectedly sensuous groove out of stuff like "Down in the Street," "1969," and "Real Cool Time," here he stomps away with lots of gravity but little nuance, and like his brother, he's traded soul for jackhammer force (emphasized by Steve Albini's hard-edged recording). But surprisingly, the guy who really drops the ball on this set is Iggy. Pop's been in fine voice on his last few solo albums, but much of The Weirdness finds him singing a bit flat or sharp, and while he belts out these songs with commendable passion, this ranks with Beat Em Up as the dumbest set of lyrics the man has ever committed to tape. Instead of reaching into the Real O Mind for the cosmic simplicity of stuff like "TV Eye," "1970," or "I Wanna Be Your Dog," Iggy goes into inane blather mode from the jump-start, and if titles like "Greedy Awful People," "Free and Freaky," and "I'm Fried" don't tip off listeners that he's off his game, lines like "England and France, these cultures are old/The cheese is stinky and the beer isn't cold," "They drive those f*ckin' awful cars/And roll their lips in titty bars," and the deathless "My dick is turning into a tree" tell the rest of the story. While Ron and Scott may not be at their best here, when they connect (and sometimes they do) you can imagine The Weirdness might have been an OK rock album, especially with Mike Watt's solid, workmanlike basslines and Steve Mackay's free-skronk saxophone. Iggy's songs, however, sink this particular ship, and if this doesn't conclude the Stooges saga on as crushing a note as Metallic K.O. brought down the curtain on their first era, there's no denying The Weirdness is a major disappointment that puts a real chink in this great band's legacy.

:(:( fuck..

Edited by frankwhite

Who wrote that shit??

It's not a good cd because a wah wah isn't prominent throughout??

The same kind of shit was written about the new Dolls cd and it was amazingly cool as well.

Fuck that shit...The Weirdness hovers above the dung pile of the majority of releases in this decade alone.

Who wrote that shit??

It's not a good cd because a wah wah isn't prominent throughout??

The same kind of shit was written about the new Dolls cd and it was amazingly cool as well.

Fuck that shit...The Weirdness hovers above the dung pile of the majority of releases in this decade alone.

i got it from allmusic.com. pissed me off a little to be honest. the stooges are like...sacred to me (dork).

looks like no one knows who the stooges are ....

Yeah I was noticing that.

Might be a good idea if people sold their tickets to the Spice Girls reunion tour and got themselves a rock and roll edjamucation.

looks like no one knows who the stooges are ....

Yeah I was noticing that.

Might be a good idea if people sold their tickets to the Spice Girls reunion tour and got themselves a rock and roll edjamucation.

FUCK THAT! im officially turning this into a stooges appreciation thread!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjBDUVf7wig

Iggy Krishna?!?! :lol: