Iron Maiden!

Chris Axl

For the person who mentioned RiR III DVD earlier. Have you seen the RiR DVD from 1985? It's an absolutely amazing show. The video quality is pro-shot but not the best, but the content is more than worth it

No, I haven't seen the RiR from 1985 DVD. Didn't even know that there is one. Only saw some clips on youtube. Have to check it out. ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce bores me a bit. Paul was unique.

Maybe Paul would have bored you too if he had done 10 Maiden albums + the live ones.

There's nothing boring about my Bruce, but then again we can't all agree on everything

That's not why he bores me. He bores me because there's nothing really unique about him.

Okay you're talking with Bruce's no1 fan. Don't get me start it! :P

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE hes: "scrrreeeeam for me Oslo! SCREAM FOR ME OSLO!"

Maybe Paul would have bored you too if he had done 10 Maiden albums + the live ones.

There's nothing boring about my Bruce, but then again we can't all agree on everything

I was sure I would find you in here! :rofl-lol:

That's not why he bores me. He bores me because there's nothing really unique about him.

Okay you're talking with Bruce's no1 fan. Don't get me start it! :P

Alright, I'm not really up for a big argument.

kick ass band. top five songs:

1. Fear of The Dark

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name

3. Flight of Icarus

4. Aces High

5. Rainmaker

I only have Number of the Beast and the Essential collection by them, what other albums would you recomend?

"Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" and "Powerslave"

their REALLY amazing. You should also check out their new album "A Matter Of Life And Death"

1. Fear of The Dark

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name

3. Flight of Icarus

4. Aces High

5. Rainmaker

I only have Number of the Beast and the Essential collection by them, what other albums would you recomend?

their REALLY amazing. You should also check out their new album "A Matter Of Life And Death"

i've heard a bit of powerslave, and liked it alot. I'll definetly check out Seventh Son as well, I heard that was pretty good.

1. Fear of The Dark

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name

3. Flight of Icarus

4. Aces High

5. Rainmaker

i've heard a bit of powerslave, and liked it alot. I'll definetly check out Seventh Son as well, I heard that was pretty good.

yeah, my fav album.

It flows so good, the whole thing could kinda be ONE song.

Ok, that not ONE song :P But it REALLY flows well, all the song match each other

Piece of Mind might be a better album to get instead of Seventh Son, it's one of their most accessible albums. Heavy Metal from start to finish

Guess I just like the more "epic" songs more.

Also if anyone havent, check out "Live After Death", amazing live album!

Piece of Mind might be a better album to get instead of Seventh Son, it's one of their most accessible albums. Heavy Metal from start to finish

Guess I just like the more "epic" songs more.

Also if anyone havent, check out "Live After Death", amazing live album!

As I said in my post earlier, the epic songs are what I truly love about Maiden. Just for someone newly getting into them, Piece of Mind might be a better buy than Seventh Son

I've always liked Maiden but i've never been able to get into them, i'm just starting to recently, so i havn't heard much songs really.

My favourite songs just now are Blood Brothers, The Clansman, and Hallowed Be Thy Name...more epic type songs i guess. :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I like them. They've done like... 30 good songs, and are amazing live. But there isn't very much of their albums that are good. Most are crap.

Maiden were a very fun band. Just can't take a lot of it seriously you know.

I'm going to have to agree with Lithium in that I also prefer Di'Annio to Bruce Dickinson.

Technically I would say Bruce probably has a better range than Di'Annio and all that shit but I just prefer the first two Maiden albums to anything since. Di'Annio has more of a rawer edge to his voice and it's less singing about "dungeons and dragons" and all that. Still like a lot of the Bruce era though. It's probably as I'm more partial to punk rock than heavy metal.

Maiden were a very fun band. Just can't take a lot of it seriously you know.

I'm going to have to agree with Lithium in that I also prefer Di'Annio to Bruce Dickinson.

Technically I would say Bruce probably has a better range than Di'Annio and all that shit but I just prefer the first two Maiden albums to anything since. Di'Annio has more of a rawer edge to his voice and it's less singing about "dungeons and dragons" and all that. Still like a lot of the Bruce era though. It's probably as I'm more partial to punk rock than heavy metal.

That can surelly be it.

Paul was the punk element in this metal band. And that was really avant garde on behalf of Iron Maiden that years.

Don't get me wrong I love the first 2 albums and Di'anno's voice but still I personally prefer the Dickinson era.

1. Fear of The Dark

2. Hallowed Be Thy Name

3. Flight of Icarus

4. Aces High

5. Rainmaker

As I posted before, I'd rank the albums I own like this

1. Brave New World

2. A Matter Of Life And Death

3. Dance Of Death

4. Fear Of The Dark

5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

6. Piece Of Mind

7. Powerslave

8. Number Of The Beast

I tell you, get Brave New World, it's amazing, there's no filler song, because everyone of them is amazing. Really epic album. Out Of The Silent Planet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_63Mi24rosU

Their new album, A Matter Of Life And Death is kick-ass, too, also epic like their newer albums. Again no fillers for me and Songs like For The greater Good Of God or The Legacy (here's a youtube of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmg2cLhWTzI ) will blow you away. Definitely a must

Dance Of Death: I don't understand why most people say it's not a good album. It's very similar to Brave New World, not as good as Brave New World, but still very good. And you mentioned Rainmaker, which can be found on this one. But there are even better songs like "No More Lies", "Dance Of Death" or "Paschendale".

Fear Of The Dark: The title track makes it already worth buying. It's a bit different (I think a bit more Judas Priest like), but it's a cool album. Here's be quick or be dead.

and this is a slower song, but the riff at like 3:30 is one of the best ever. Afraid To Shoot Strangers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S2Drv9LsiI

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: As I mentioned before, I prefer their newer albums, because they are more epic. And on SSOASS there's also one of the worst Maiden tracks ever: "Can I play With Madness". But still a good album.

Piece Of Mind: In my opinion there are only 3 memorable songs on this album: "Flight Of Icarus", "The Trooper", and "To Tame A Land". The other songs are good, but it's nothing outsanding.

The same for Powerslave, whcih has 3 really amazing songs on it (Aces High, 2 Minutes To Midnight and especially Rhime Of The Ancient Mariner). Rhime OF THe Ancinet Mariner is one of the best MAiden songs ever. But the other songs sound very similar, again nothing really outstanding.

Number Of The Best: Never got into this album. "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is my favourite Maiden track but the only other song I really love from that Album is "Children Of THe Damned". "Number Of The Beast", "22 Acacia Avenue" and "Run To The Hills" are okay. But songs like "Invaders" or "Prisoner" are very average. I wouldn't buy this.

So as I said, get Brave New World. ;)

Iron Maiden is the shit. They are my second favorite band after Guns N' Roses of course. My favorite album personally is Somewhere In Time because that was the first Maiden album I ever bought.

I don't know, they have so many good songs. Their new album is quite good too. My favorite is probably Heaven Can Wait and I also like These Colours Don't Run.