VIDEOGAME Thread...

I knew sony would do this... they did it with the 20gb model aswell:
In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, SCEE Prez David Reeves let us in on the truth behind the 60GB PS3's price drop -- apparently, the 60GBs are getting the markdown in America because Sony's going to stop selling them here.

How concerned are you about possible criticisms that you should have given European consumers what SCEA has given US consumers, i.e. the option to pay a lower price?

Well, they're not really are they, because what the US are offering from the 1st of August is a USD 599 version with one game. All they're doing is taking their stock in trade that they've got at the moment of the 60GB model, marking the price down and it will all be gone by the end of July.

So once the 60GB is gone, that will be the end of the 60GB then?

In America, yes.

i doubt that'll be the end of the story, as soon as the 60 GBs are outta stock they'll drop the bundle and make the 80 GB $499.

the bundle is pretty ridiculous, though, as it would be smarter to buy a 60 gig, upgrade the hard drive to 150 for about 80 bucks, then sell the old one on ebay, then buy a new game with the difference.

anyone notice silent hill 5 was finally announced? it better kick some ass this time, it's been suckin!

No way, they aren't bringing down the 80gb price, not for a while anyways, I was looking into stuff, and they are losing about as much as they were for the 60 gb model at first.

i seriously doubt it, i don't think 20 extra gigs would cost sony more than 5 bucks a unit. and since the emoticon (or whatever) chip has been dropped, and so have blue ray prices, let alone not offering a game with the bundle, i'll be shocked if it doesn't go back to 499.

jack i read that full interview on a website last night and it seems sony(or at least the guy they interviewed) are VERY ignorant. saying there's no difference between the 60gb and 80gb model so the europeans shouldn't care? that they don't need exclusive games? and he implied that multiplayer will take over and single player will fade away because nobody cares about it, thats not true, multi player is alright but nothing beats a single player campaign if made correctly

Guest Jack_the_ripper

thats your european president... however kaz hirai the president of SCEA also confirmed the whole no more 60gb model.. so yeah, still 599 USD.

He's partially right though, a majority of gamers all they are doing is online (proof: games like counter-strike exist.) and thats the direction sony wants to go... its why I'm opposed to sony. I want epic stories.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Have You Even Played Halo Before? :huh::lol:

doesnt sound like it..

I honestly have, and I was completely unmoved by the game. It's probably the most lackluster script I've ever seen, no twists, everything was extremely cliched and I called everything that was happening before it was happening. I'd rather play timesplitters 2.

doesnt sound like it..

I honestly have, and I was completely unmoved by the game. It's probably the most lackluster script I've ever seen, no twists, everything was extremely cliched and I called everything that was happening before it was happening. I'd rather play timesplitters 2.

I know, I felt the same way. Why couldn't the story be like all of the amazing ones on the Wii? Wario Ware had some crazy twists in it, and don't even get me started on the 100+ hour epic storyline of Wii Sports.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

doesnt sound like it..

I know, I felt the same way. Why couldn't the story be like all of the amazing ones on the Wii? Wario Ware had some crazy twists in it, and don't even get me started on the 100+ hour epic storyline of Wii Sports.

yet you completely fail to mention twilight princess, super paper mario, trauma center, RE4, etc. all higher quality calibre games then halo could ever hope to be. Plus when a game like NiGHTS will be released, you could never ever tell me there isn't an epic gmae on the wii. for the record, how about you play a real epic game like beyond good and evil, then maybe you could actually try and suggest whats epic.

RE4 is just a re-release. I've beat it, there aren't twists. Twilight Princess has no twists either, it's only kill boss monsters then save the princess again but masked by a wolf. Super Mario? Are you kidding me? Trauma center is a re-release and there's almost no story at all. There's a little tiny story for each patient and there certainly isn't any twists or an evolving storyline between characters. Halo has plenty of twists, you probably don't even have the concept of what the game is about.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
RE4 is just a re-release. I've beat it, there aren't twists. Twilight Princess has no twists either, it's only kill boss monsters then save the princess again but masked by a wolf. Super Mario? Are you kidding me? Trauma center is a re-release and there's almost no story at all. There's a little tiny story for each patient and there certainly isn't any twists or an evolving storyline between characters. Halo has plenty of twists, you probably don't even have the concept of what the game is about.

Super paper mario is a great addition to the paper mario line, with an original story... notice that word... ORIGINAL! something halo isn't. Obviously you haven't beaten twilight, obviously you haven't even gotten far in it. Trauma center is a re-release for the most part, until you beat what was on the ds, and get an entirely new story, whoops! There is a developping story, I'm sorry that if a game has text, your just to dunce to actually read it and you need cut scenes. Re4 doesn't have many twists I agree, but its still a great game.

I noticed you didn't say anything about NiGHTS or beyond good and evil.

NiGHTS isn't even released yet, it's hard to comment on the story of it. Beyond Good and Evil is a good game, but I don't think it's a Wii title. I've never seen a story like Halo's, ever. Give me a game that has a story like Halo's. Please. Just because it's an FPS that plays like other games doesn't mean the story isn't original, you've obviously never beat it before. Every character in Halo is unique and different as well as the story. I have beaten TP, *spoilers*You need to save Llia and stop the merging of the Twilight Realm which involves collecting the Fused Shadows which are in of course the epic three dungeons that are oh so original and plot twisting. Featuring the Forest Temple, the BRAND SPANKING NEW Goron temple and what's that? A temple in the lake. I've never seen those before. There aren't plot twists, besides Link being turned into a wolf. Yeah, you kill ganondorf who possesses Zelda, i've never seen that in a zelda game before.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

its more how ganon comes back thats the plot twist right there. I will give halo the merits it deserves, it did revolutionalize the fps genre, however I really don't think its epic, it's like faux-epic, its being passed off as epic. Halo shares so many ridiculous similarities as star wars. *spoiler* you blow up the halo at the end of the game, they blow up the death star... I remember the first time I saw that, I thought it was a blatant star wars rip off, and thought it was dumb. Your trying to save that captain... abit like they are trying to save han solo... etc. Not epic shit, its cliched.

Ganon comes back in every single Zelda game. It's not much of a twist anymore.

The halo series is cliched because you have to rescue someone and you blow something up? Like you don't rescue people in RE4, Zelda, Trauma Center. Every game is cliched if you think about it, what makes it original is how they pull it off. Halo pulls everything together wonderfully.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

no they really don't, they don't bring anything new to the table, and thats what makes a difference from cliches. A game like lufia 2 would be extremely cliched if it didn't originally create them. A game like Baten Kaitos would have an extremely cliched story line, however the art, the gameplay, etc makes the game epic. Beyond good and evil begs to be different in everyway, and succeeds at epicness. Halo falls short, and I'll admit so does zelda. I'm not a huge zelda fan myself.

games that are epic are games that keep you wanting more, that you don't want to put down the controller, that you feel so attached to the character. Chronotrigger is a perfect example of what epic in its purest for is.

Everyone could define a game as epic. Halo 2 is still one of the most played online games because it's such a good game. It can be considered epic because the gameplay is some of the best in an FPS ever. All of the games you listed are very fun, I may not consider them epic, but you do. It's all good.

i actually think halos stroy campaign is boring , yeah the story might be good but the game is just kinda boring, just shoot everything sounds cool but idk. i think the multiplayer is great. im much more looking forward to gears of war 2 than halo 3

Edited by kaddisonmoore

i think halo is over rated

the new resisdent evil looks epic!

the new trailer for MGS4 amazed me, but it confused me too just like most of the story lines :huh: still can't wait for it to come out, almost as much as GTA4. was that Vamp in the trailer that raiden was fighting?

Guest Jack_the_ripper

yeah, the MGS4 trailer was really good... however when the fighting scene happened at the end, I thought it was a little much, and made it feel like it was dragging on forever. Abit like microsofts opening.

best game series ever: Resident Evil

best game: Resident Evil 4

LOVE those game, they kick so much ass. and they scare the SHIT outa me sometimes :lol:

it is a great game..

one of my favorites..

and, the only game I've bought 3 different times.. :rofl-lol:

I usually just play a game once too..

and, I've played this one so many times..

cant wait to play the wii one with the zapper..[i hope they change the name, please.. :lol: ]

Guest Jack_the_ripper
best game series ever: Resident Evil

best game: Resident Evil 4

LOVE those game, they kick so much ass. and they scare the SHIT outa me sometimes :lol:

it is a great game..

one of my favorites..

and, the only game I've bought 3 different times.. :rofl-lol:

I usually just play a game once too..

and, I've played this one so many times..

cant wait to play the wii one with the zapper..[i hope they change the name, please.. :lol: ]

are you talking about re4 wii edition, or umbrella chronicles?