VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest banaszkiewicz
good game? sure

greatest game ever made? no way

Ok Ok; Maybe not the greatest, But damn if it ain't close.

i cant really say anything about chrono trigger cuz ive never actually played it haha

but i dont think anything will compare to zelda:ocarina of time

that game is a classic

i heard chrono trigger is comparable to final fantasy

and if so, it probably is amazing

dude, I love that game... it's a classic... its the first video game I ever played where I really cared about the characters... you ever play it's sequel, Chrono Cross? Don't know if you were into it, but, those two are most assuredly the greatest games I've ever played... simply amazing

I LOVE Chrono Trigger. It's definitely a classic, though I was pretty disappointed by Chrono Cross - just the storyline though, the soundtrack is one of the most amazing things ever. Another game and soundtrack worth checking out is Xenogears. Purely amazing.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Chrono trigger is 1 of the best games ever created for sure. Top 10 list without a doubt. Anyone who overlooks this experience has no clue what their talking about when it comes to video games.

It's kind of like saying: "Oh man, I love GNR so much, and like totally all the music that sounds like it" and the other person responds "so you like Led Zeppelin then?" and they respond back "Who?"

Tombi%20-f.jpg

Binge_And_Slash, you're my hero, I fucking love that game :heart: awesomeness like!! :lol:

I only ever played the demo. Loved it though.

Regards the PS3 starter pack, doesn't it removed the backwards compatibility?

Tombi was, and still is one of my favourite games of all time. Funny really because all my other favourite games of all time are Megadrive/Genesis or SNES games.

Tombi 2 wasn't as good, it didn't suck, but making it 3-D was a bad idea. I hate it when the Whoopee Camp had to bow to Sony's demands of 2-D games "not working anymore". Ugh.

Edit: And ADPT, the backwards compatibility is shit on a PS3 anyway. Half the games run slow, or just simply don't work yet. I tried playing Scarface on it, and it runs in half time, it gets so annoying. Also the fact there is no memory card slot, so if you had a game save on your memory card, but you wanted to play it on a PS3, you gotta start from scratch.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

Here's definitely some of the best games of all time in my opinion.

Metal Gear Solid, my absolute favourite game series and definitely one of the best games of all time for me.

Metal_Gear_Solid_Pal.jpg

Final Fantasy VII is just THE greatest game of all time, it's just orgasmic, everything about it is perfecto!!

buy-final-fantasy-vii.jpg

The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion, addictive as fuck and long as anything. God I love this game.

Oblivion_cover_646051f.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater is just a classic, nowhere near as good as the first of course but still amazing in every aspect.

1102069670-00.jpg

Kingdom Hearts, I seriously couldn't give a toss if it's Disney and kiddy, it's still one of my favourite games, great story, music just an all around awesome game.

Kingdom_Hearts.jpg

Final Fantasy X, second best in the series for me, after VII of course, amazing characters, beautiful soundtrack and just a really deep game.

FF10_Cover_giapponese_davanti.jpg

Also I do believe the Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic series and also Fable deserve honourable mentions, fucking seriously amazing RPGs and you can just get lost in them for hours. Godz, Krusty's Fun House and Flashback for the MegaDrive are also some of my all time favourites, absolutely rock hard games like but God are they fun. If you haven't checked those three out I demand you buy a MegaDrive with those games and fucking play.

Edited by NO.1GNRFAN

Tombi was, and still is one of my favourite games of all time. Funny really because all my other favourite games of all time are Megadrive/Genesis or SNES games.

Tombi 2 wasn't as good, it didn't suck, but making it 3-D was a bad idea. I hate it when the Whoopee Camp had to bow to Sony's demands of 2-D games "not working anymore". Ugh.

Edit: And ADPT, the backwards compatibility is shit on a PS3 anyway. Half the games run slow, or just simply don't work yet. I tried playing Scarface on it, and it runs in half time, it gets so annoying. Also the fact there is no memory card slot, so if you had a game save on your memory card, but you wanted to play it on a PS3, you gotta start from scratch.

I've seen FF7 and Half-Life run on the PS3 and I was pretty surprised how awful they looked.

I've seen FF7 and Half-Life run on the PS3 and I was pretty surprised how awful they looked.

Hah, I don't want to even imagine what a PS1 game looks like running on a PS3.

It's a shame because Tombi didn't work on a PS2 anyway, so I doubt it even works on the PS3.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

no.1 that was perhaps the most cliched best game list of all time I just saw.... and wasn't MGS3 the 1 where you played as the whiny raiden? Everyone hated that thing.

no.1 that was perhaps the most cliched best game list of all time I just saw.... and wasn't MGS3 the 1 where you played as the whiny raiden? Everyone hated that thing.

Nah that was MGS2 :P You should play MGS3, you get to beat the shit out of a character based on Raiden :lol: God that felt sweet. And yeah it was cliched but there ya go.

Edited by NO.1GNRFAN

Nah that was MGS2 :P You should play MGS3, you get to beat the shit out of a character based on Raiden :lol: God that felt sweet. And yeah it was cliched but there ya go.

Jack doesn't do 'popular' games. He'd rather play some deliberately obscure Nintendo only RPG and then brag about it.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Jack doesn't do 'popular' games. He'd rather play some deliberately obscure Nintendo only RPG and then brag about it.

not really, I play all the platforms, and am willing to give nods to KH and FFVII. They are great games... overly and unfairly hyped however. You seem to however have a delusion that I'm some sort of fanboy. I just appreciate great games, and alot of them most of you have never played because it wasn't square made.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I did really like Crash Team Racing as a kid too. Was a fun game, Mario Kart rip-off but so what, great multiplayer, load of cups and just a cool game to be honest. The sequels were fucking piss poor though :rolleyes:

if you ever have the chance to pick up a game called Beyond Good & Evil, you should really try it on for size. It's on all platforms (which immediatly throws ADPT's rather unflattering perceptions of me out the window) and is simply 1 of the best games ever made. If you don't believe me, ask around any sort of circle that has REAL gamers there. More then just 1337 gamers. Thats how you tell a real gamer from a fake, you ask them about BG&E.

I did really like Crash Team Racing as a kid too. Was a fun game, Mario Kart rip-off but so what, great multiplayer, load of cups and just a cool game to be honest. The sequels were fucking piss poor though :rolleyes:

if you ever have the chance to pick up a game called Beyond Good & Evil, you should really try it on for size. It's on all platforms (which immediatly throws ADPT's rather unflattering perceptions of me out the window) and is simply 1 of the best games ever made. If you don't believe me, ask around any sort of circle that has REAL gamers there. More then just 1337 gamers. Thats how you tell a real gamer from a fake, you ask them about BG&E.

Damn I forgot about that, yeah I've played it, what a great game that is :)

Edited by NO.1GNRFAN

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Damn I forogt about that, yeah I've played it, what a great game that is :)

then I have new found respect for your gamerism. Any fellow BG&E fan is respectable in my eyes. Heres to hoping that they continue the trilogy with a second 1.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I haven't played any other videogame, or computergame then NHL, Fifa, or Pro Evolution Soccer in a long time. But those are the shit!