RIR 3 Infact a great concert.

hollywood_democracy

as for It's so Easy being their best version live...COME UP....I could pick over a dozen better live versions!!

UK SUBS.

Alright go ahead...

Ive got bootleg DVD's from nearly every 2002 concert, and sondboard recordings from Cleveland, Idaho and Tacoma--ALL OF THESE IN MY OPINION ARE BETTER VERSIONS! Also--The Ritz '88...........The Roxy '86........... and thats without naming any live shows from 91/92/93.

UK SUBS.

Alright fair enough. That's your opinion but I'll keep mine.OK. ;)

I also liked the RIR3 gig a lot.

The "Welcome to the jungle" scream is just fantastic. The It's so easy was very good, but my favirite version of it's' so easy is the one axl sang at the PARIS 1992 concert. My second faorite is the OKLAHOMA 1992 version beacuse of the sound distortion in Axl's output wich is a great effect.

Eric Romano, Webmaster

Yeah, the it's so easy from mparis is the same exact one frrom live era and also Deer Creek 91 i like too cuz his voice is very scratchy and when he is supposed to say "see me hit you you fall" he said "cars are crashing every night" but then quickly corrects him self.

I also liked the RIR3 gig a lot.

The "Welcome to the jungle" scream is just fantastic. The It's so easy was very good, but my favirite version of it's' so easy is the one axl sang at the PARIS 1992 concert. My second faorite is the OKLAHOMA 1992 version beacuse of the sound distortion in Axl's output wich is a great effect.

Eric Romano, Webmaster

Especially the part where he sings "Hey get that guy outta here! Can you hear me Mr. Security Man? That guy gone"...Wait, he wasn't singing! He was throwing a guy out.

that part is halarious, good old axl fasion. i thought his vocals were a litle sketchy at the begining because he was nervous, but after a while he just rocked.

• 1 month later...
God, i could'nt DISAGREE more! I thought GNR were only average at best in RIR3, and as for It's so Easy being their best version live...COME UP....I could pick over a dozen better live versions!!

UK SUBS.

thats what I'm talking about

I think all the old original songs were best played by the old band.

I know i'll get stick for this being biased but its the truth. Velvet Revolver's version of Its So Easy sounded better to me than any Nu-GNR version. It sounded more like Guns N Roses than Guns N Roses do.

But the best version has to be with the old band, Paris 92 is rockin. The new bands sound isnt as good.

The version played in RIR3 of ''It's so easy'' was god , but wasn't the best version that the GNR have played. IMO teh best songs played in RIR3 by GNR was ''Welcome to the Jungle'' , ''Paradise City'' and ''The Blues'' ( mas .. this song is the best ), and I'm saying this because I was there ^^

people who say rir3 was good, i must have heard a different concert, and bought the wrong rir3 concert, cos the one i heard, axl voice is to high, the drummer brain guy cant do night train, he just bangs the drums the same all the way through, paradise city was ok, silkworms is crap, the guitar solo in the blues was the only decent solo new gnr have created, not blamin axl hes a fuckin idle, but he should get in better people, or just reform, but he'll always be a million times better than that guy bummerboy from velvet revolver the singer whose gonna get butt fucked in jail, and i bet he enjoys it

Rio was fuckin ace. So much fuckin energy and some of the old songs were better than before. Jungle has 10 times more energy than the lame versions of 92 in Tokyo and Paris. They were so slow! Easy kicks ass as does Live and Let Die. Oh My God was great too. The low points were Patience but that's always sucked live and My Michelle because Axls voice was awful. The new songs were great (forget Silk) and to cap it off Paradise City rocked. The soloing was fantastic and the crowd went nuts!

What can I say...RIR3 was average and no matter what, old GNR songs will always be better off left to the original band. Nobody can do a "Nighttrain" solo like Slash did...no matter how you put it, it is never as perfect as it was when Slash played it.

Nobody can play the drum on "Nighttrain" exactly the same as Adler or Sorum did. Of course they have their own style and I can't say that the show was horrible because the musicians did not exactly replicate Slash's, Steven's or Duff's parts. Every musician is different and there is no comparing.

Although I would like to commend the band of playing another band's songs because that is a difficult task.

As for the new songs, "Madagascar" "The Blues" and "Chinese Democracy" are great.

The solos in Madagascar and The Blues is the closest to a GnR solo.

• 2 weeks later...