Skid Row - Skid Row

The Sandman

brilliant move by JVJ

Jon Von Jovi? :huh:

moreblack's into typos today.

Yeah, my brain's apparently in central Europe today.

Van Nistelrooy

Victor Von Doom

Marco Van Basten

Jon Von Jovi...

Re: Bon Jovi's involvement, I bet Gene Simmons wishes he could've done that with Van Halen...

Edited by moreblack

I dunno the complete story, but Bas got screwed over big time by Jon and Doc Mcgee.

Also, there's a story about a backstage fight between Sebastian and Jon. Sebastian went onstage and when he was introducing the song, he jokingly asked Jon Bon Jovi to come and get a "Piece of Me." After Skid Row finished their set, Jon waited for Bas and punched him in the face. Sebastian fired back with a punch of his own and the two were separated. I have no idea what their relationship is like these days, but that's kind of an amusing story.

As for the album, I think it rocks. The band wasn't too keen on adding "Can't Stand the Heartache", but the record company insisted that they do it because it sounded like a pop hit.

Yeah i love it!! That's one of the best albums from the late 80's and definitely a brilliant debut!

I Remember you was the first ballad in english that i learned word by word when i was 11..hehe

Youth gone Wild and Piece of Me absolutely rocks.

18 and life gives me the chills everytime i hear it,that's such a powerfull song.. Seb's voice there is amazing! :wub:

Edited by nathalie92

It was the first Skid Row album I ever bought. I like it better than Slave to the grind (which is also one of my favorite albums). I knew that Snake played guitar with Bon Jovi but I had no idea about the whole JBJ incident.

I love absolutely every single song on it (well, almost).

• 3 weeks later...
18 and Life and I Remember You are awesome. I thought the rest of the album was just generic hair metal, nothing special about it.

But I'll probably pick up Slave to the Grind since I've heard so many good things.

Save your money, Slave to the Grind isn't that good, just more cock rock. The only good song they ever had was 18 and life imho.

18 and Life and I Remember You are awesome. I thought the rest of the album was just generic hair metal, nothing special about it.

But I'll probably pick up Slave to the Grind since I've heard so many good things.

Monkey Buisness, Quicksand Jesus, Slave to the Grind and Wasted Time are my favourites, but Slave is a very solid album still.