Most disappointing album of all-time?

Estranged Reality

For me, it's probably The Stooges' Weirdness, released in March this year.

This is a legendary band with three AMAZING albums and they ruin their legacy by releasing a shitty piece of shit. (Shitty piece of shit, yes!)

I mean, the older songs like Loose and Raw Power were stupid (why do you think they were called The Stooges?), but there was an edge and power to the songs that is totally lacking on Weirdness.

Really big disappointment for me as a Stooges fan.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me being a huge Iron Maiden fan I must say it was "Dance of Death" (2003) album

I still can't listen to this and it even made me not to wanna listen to maiden until they released AMOLAD, a true maiden album

How can you say that? :shocked:

Dance Of Death is after Brave New World and A Matter Of And Death the best album. It owns albums like Piece Of Mind, Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, Fear Of The Dark and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son by far. Love that album. rock3

For me being a huge Iron Maiden fan I must say it was "Dance of Death" (2003) album

I still can't listen to this and it even made me not to wanna listen to maiden until they released AMOLAD, a true maiden album

Dance Of Death is after Brave New World and A Matter Of And Death the best album. It owns albums like Piece Of Mind, Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, Fear Of The Dark and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son by far. Love that album. rock3

:rofl-lol: funniest post ever

Iceman it may be an age thing again haha

Powerslave, Piece of mind, Number of the beast and Seveth... are all quality albums that made me love this band.

Dance of death is a shitty album IMO. Oh well we don't have to agree on this anyway :P

:rofl-lol: funniest post ever

It wasn't meant to be funny :ph34r:

But I think it's such an underrated album, maybe the most underrated album ever.

Probably Led Zeppelin - Presence.

I hated it, because Plant lost all the power in his voice. I guess I was expecting something along the lines of Physical Graffiti. For a while, I only liked 3 songs on the album. I prefer In Through The Outdoor, which is commonly seen as their worst.

Mmm, St. Anger comes to mind. Also Load as being a bad follow-up to Metallica.

Those Metallica albums were the first to come to mind for me when I read the topic title. Even thogh Load isn't nearly as bad as St.Anger it was still wery wery far from the prior albums in quality

I think RHCP's mothers milk is much worse than One hot minute (OHM had atleas 3 good songs; My friends, Pea & Aeroplane)

Mmm, St. Anger comes to mind. Also Load as being a bad follow-up to Metallica.

Queen's Flash Gordon was rubbish too. Absolute junk. But I'll let it off easy for being movie-music.

One Hot Minute by the Chili Peppers was nowhere near their previous stuff. But then again it lacked John.

Same could be said about Aerosmith's Rock In A Hard Place without Joe. But the bigger disappointment might be Done With Mirrors which was supposed to be THE big return of Joe and Brad.

I also agree with U2's Pop being quite bad.

That's what comes to mind now anyway.

i loved one hot minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Powerslave, Piece of mind, Number of the beast and Seveth... are all quality albums that made me love this band.

Dance of death is a shitty album IMO. Oh well we don't have to agree on this anyway :P

How do you like Somewhere in Time? I love that album.

Probably Led Zeppelin - Presence.

I hated it, because Plant lost all the power in his voice. I guess I was expecting something along the lines of Physical Graffiti. For a while, I only liked 3 songs on the album. I prefer In Through The Outdoor, which is commonly seen as their worst.

Tsk tsk. Haha, just kidding. I know what you mean. Presence is not your typical Zeppelin album. That being said, it's my favourite. I just love that album and it's so consistent.

I agree, St. Anger was a disappointment. That being said, I love the riffs on it. Very memorable riffs.

Dance of Death was not a disappointment for me with Iron Maiden. In fact, it blows Brave New World out of the water. BNW just dragged on until you got to Out of the Silent Planet. Dance of Death is damn good throughout, despite some underwhelming songs (Gates of Tomorrow, Age of Innocence). I love Dance of Death. I wouldn't rate it above AMOLAD or anything before FOTD, but it is great.

How do you like Somewhere in Time? I love that album.

Me too of course! Somewhere in Time is a great maiden album! It includes some of my favourite songs, wasted years, Alexander the Great etc.

Queensryche- Operation Mindcrime II

As much as I hate to say it, I'd have to agree with this. I love Queensrÿche, and this album was a step in the right direction. I think it has a lot to do with the actual name itself, and its association with the original.

Still disappointing, though.