Marshall DSL100, recommend it?

Would it be a worth my money to purchase a DSL100? I've been playing almost 2 years now and I want a good solid amp, but obviously there's a lot of time left to get a better amp. So would this be a wise purchase?

Oh yeah another option would be a 1960A, which I have no idea about except that it's handwired

Much love :heart:

Edited by pain cake

Would it be a worth my money to purchase a DSL100? I've been playing almost 2 years now and I want a good solid amp, but obviously there's a lot of time left to get a better amp. So would this be a wise purchase?

Oh yeah another option would be a 1960A, which I have no idea about except that it's handwired

A DSL100 would be a good choice i think, especially if your looking to play GNR songs through it.

A DSL100 would be a good choice i think, especially if your looking to play GNR songs through it.

they are good amps, essentially the same as the Slash signature and Silver Jubilee... though not as slash as they are ;)

Okay great to know, I'm gonna be going for the purchase today, thanks Slash Guitarist and Browser

Though you MIGHT have slightly more options with a TSL 100 some people dont like the TSL because it doesnt deliver on 3 channels.

If I was to get a new head, the DSL would be my first choice....

Okay great to know, I'm gonna be going for the purchase today, thanks Slash Guitarist and Browser

Though you MIGHT have slightly more options with a TSL 100 some people dont like the TSL because it doesnt deliver on 3 channels.

Well I just went today and I couldn't make a decision. I don't think I'm going to be buying the stack after all because they're a tad pricey. What I want is a good combo with minimal effects (I played one with a bunch of effects that sounded like crap) and I wanna know the difference also between a Solidstate and a Valvestate

Well I just went today and I couldn't make a decision. I don't think I'm going to be buying the stack after all because they're a tad pricey. What I want is a good combo with minimal effects (I played one with a bunch of effects that sounded like crap) and I wanna know the difference also between a Solidstate and a Valvestate

Solidstate would be completely transistor based, Valvestate is like a mix between the two (although they generally sound terrible)

I'd go for a DSL60 combo amp.

Solidstate would be completely transistor based, Valvestate is like a mix between the two (although they generally sound terrible)

I'd go for a DSL60 combo amp.

I played an AVT50HX once (which is a valvestate) and i didnt think it sounded too bad... Whats the difference between one of those and a DSL100 then???

avoid the marshall avt and mg amps, they are not the best sounding and are known to be unreliable, iv owned both so i know what im talking about with them. if its just an amp for playing in the house a dsl401 combo would be a good choice, a 40 watt valve combo that has 2 volume controls so you can get a good sound without making yourself deaf :)

avoid the marshall avt and mg amps, they are not the best sounding and are known to be unreliable, iv owned both so i know what im talking about with them. if its just an amp for playing in the house a dsl401 combo would be a good choice, a 40 watt valve combo that has 2 volume controls so you can get a good sound without making yourself deaf :)

Good point, i hav a Marshall MG30DFX and i have to use a distortion pedal through it, cuz the distortion just doesnt sound that great.

If you ever get the chance to own a Gibson amp made in the mid-90's, these things are 100% valve and kick any combo Marshall off the planet. Cheap as chips too. They are class A amps, so no bullshit inbuilt distortion. Stick a Marshall Bluesbreaker (fantastic pedal) in front of it, crank it up with a decent Les Paul and you will have quite literally the best tone you can get for the money. All that will only set you back a few hundred quid and the Gibson 15w amps are so loud you can easily pub gig with them.

Handwired stuff is a con. Who gives a shit whether the solder join has been done by a human or machine, its still a solder join - it will either work or it won't.

Edited by Max™

But its a fender FM :(

Yeah its great, it has the most perfect tone both clean and running my pedals through it. I love it

That's the only thing you should care about.

People are gonna tell you it's crap, or that it doesn't have tubes etc...

People just don't realize that sound is pretty much as subjective as it gets. And as with anything people just like different things.

This is not gonna stop people from saying all-tube is the way to go and that solidstate sucks balls.

Enjoy your amp man and find your tone.