Nine Inch Nails to release Year Zero remix disc?

Rebel Yell

Some various NIN news to catch you guys up on.

From Trent:

"As the climate grows more and more desperate for record labels, their answer to their mostly self-inflicted wounds seems to be to screw the consumer over even more. A couple of examples that quickly come to mind:

* The ABSURD retail pricing of Year Zero in Australia. Shame on you, UMG. Year Zero is selling for $34.99 Australian dollars ($29.10 US). No wonder people steal music. Avril Lavigne's record in the same store was $21.99 ($18.21 US).

By the way, when I asked a label rep about this his response was: "It's because we know you have a real core audience that will pay whatever it costs when you put something out - you know, true fans. It's the pop stuff we have to discount to get people to buy."

So... I guess as a reward for being a "true fan" you get ripped off.

* The dreaded EURO Maxi-single. Nothing but a consumer rip-off that I've been talked into my whole career. No more.

The point is, I am trying my best to make sure the music and items NIN puts in the marketplace have value, substance and are worth you considering purchasing. I am not allowing Capital G to be repackaged into several configurations that result in you getting ripped off.

We are planning a full-length remix collection of substance that will be announced soon."

http://www.nin.com/tr/default.aspx

----------------

From Rob on The Spiral:

"Since nothing official has come out about Capital G, let me end the speculation: It will not be a halo. It's a simple 9" vinyl release the record company really wanted to put out - Europe only, I believe. Side A is Capital G, side B is the Dave Sitek Survivalism remix. It will be nice for the people who have the 9" collector box, but we kept a halo # off of it because it doesn't warrant one, and so regular collectors wouldn't feel any pressure to pick it up just for the sake of completeness.

Here's what it looks like, at any rate:

capitalg.jpg"

... i joined the spiral last week...their fans are fuckin crazy.

Well, the Spiral has gotten better than it was the first year, but it's still not a place to go for serious intelligent discussions about the music and lyrics.

There are actually a LOT of older members there, which is cool. I started a thread when the Spiral started called - "For the seasoned NIN fans in their 30s and 40s" - and the response was overwhelming! Really awesome. No spam. No kids hijacking the thread. Really cool.

But then many of the older members stopped posting because the young kids were allowed to run wild on the site, hijacking threads with off-topic cartoons and nonsense. The mods were inexperienced and basically didn't know how to control the forum, and since they couldn't ban the kids (since the kids' "Mom" paid for the membership), they just let the kids take over the site. And when the kids spammed serious discussion threads with nonsense - instead of deleting the nonsense, the mods would just lock the thread. In fact, one of the worst spammers was a mod herself (who is no longer a mod now). :rolleyes: As a result, the only threads remaining open were ones discussing the type of eyeliner Trent uses.. A few of us complained loudly - and they finally listened. In fact, Trent brought in a rule that would allow people to be banned if they disrupted the forum. This helped - but it's still not a place you'd go to have an intelligent debate about the music and lyrics. jmo.

The best part is when Trent pops into the forum to comment. That's pretty cool.

... i joined the spiral last week...their fans are fuckin crazy.

Well, the Spiral has gotten better than it was the first year, but it's still not a place to go for serious intelligent discussions about the music and lyrics.

There are actually a LOT of older members there, which is cool. I started a thread when the Spiral started called - "For the seasoned NIN fans in their 30s and 40s" - and the response was overwhelming! Really awesome. No spam. No kids hijacking the thread. Really cool.

But then many of the older members stopped posting because the young kids were allowed to run wild on the site, hijacking threads with off-topic cartoons and nonsense. The mods were inexperienced and basically didn't know how to control the forum, and since they couldn't ban the kids (since the kids' "Mom" paid for the membership), they just let the kids take over the site. And when the kids spammed serious discussion threads with nonsense - instead of deleting the nonsense, the mods would just lock the thread. In fact, one of the worst spammers was a mod herself (who is no longer a mod now). :rolleyes: As a result, the only threads remaining open were ones discussing the type of eyeliner Trent uses.. A few of us complained loudly - and they finally listened. In fact, Trent brought in a rule that would allow people to be banned if they disrupted the forum. This helped - but it's still not a place you'd go to have an intelligent debate about the music and lyrics. jmo.

The best part is when Trent pops into the forum to comment. That's pretty cool.

ive stopped attemting to use forums as a way of communicating intelligently, there are just too many retards to get through. i just joined the spiral for the perks that come with it, hopefully theyll do a sound check or something when i see em in august...

so i just look at the news, trents blogs and his posts..hehe i liked the one where he talks about liking desperate housewives.

on topic...i think trent's a hero, he does what he does for the sake of music and his art, he's a true artist that isnt swayed by any commercial bullshit. that comes across through his music - his integrity (and obviously his immense talent). i really deeply respect trent ( and the rest of the band actually, individually they all do really great stuff ie buddyhead, and modwheelmood) for everything he does, says and represents...i cant praise him enough. seeing NIN in august has only spurred on this admiration.

rebell yell - i joined the spiral last week...their fans are fuckin crazy.

I was gonna join earlier this month..

but, decided to wait, til' sometime in the first week of june..

finally will be able to see, if all the horror Ive read about is true.. :lol:

--

thats ridiculous how much you have to pay in Australia.. :o

I like the capital G logo.. ^_^

hehe, its quite good value really the spiral, me and my friend halfed it so it was like £15 each, so she'll be allowed in as my guest. works out well :) im praaaaying for a sound check or M&G...although the througt of meeting trent is a little daunting...its like...what do you say when you meet god?! :P

yeah thats insane how much ozzies have to pay, its cool that trent chased it up and gets all angry about it...i love his passion!

.... * The ABSURD retail pricing of Year Zero in Australia. Shame on you, UMG. Year Zero is selling for $34.99 Australian dollars ($29.10 US). No wonder people steal music....

It would almost be cheaper for an Aussie to buy the CD from a store in the U.S., and have them ship it. :huh: The price here ranges from $11.99 to $13.99.