Any Manic Street Preacher fans?

steveysham

Hello.

Yeah, Tigers is superb. I love it, especially 'Indian Summer.' With this is album they really do seem to have captured that EMG sweep and maturity with their original Clash-meets-GNR passion together in one place.

Nicky Wire...

Autumnsong, in particular... James was really trying to deconstruct that song at one point because it was so obvious that it was Sweet Child O' Mine and Aerosmith's I See You Crying. And I just had to sit him down at one point and say, "if it sounds like you're ripping off Slash... it's a good thing. It's what you are." From that moment on, we didn't really have to work on anything. It just came naturally. We talked about not being afraid to be a tad clichéd. When we play live, we are a cliché - we play Paradise City and get up on the Marshall stacks. The hook line "Baby what you done to your hair?" is really close to an Aerosmith song. But it's a song about being young and connecting with something you love... a girl, a record you want to play twenty times in a row. Things that give you the power to go outside and believe you can actually do something. You get drenched in paranoia, being in a band. And it's stupid. Being in a rock 'n' roll band is just a euphoric kick.