Perth Show - Sunday 10/06/07

mcmurray

Just got back. Great show. There is no better fucking rock song to close a show than Paradise City.

Start - Awesome. WTTJ, It's So Easy, Mr B and LALD (yes, I take back all my teasing about the Wings cover).

Middle - Up and down. Solos and low-tempo stuff like KOHD really sucked the energy out of the place.

Ending - Fucking insane. Nightrain and Paradise City went off.

Axl told a funny story about Bubbles, Mexico and Tequila. Then sang Liquor and Whores with Bubbles. Axl seemed to love it, even if the crowd were all a bit mystified.

Oh, and Axl went on at 11:05pm. Pretty damn good.

Just got back. Great show. There is no better fucking rock song to close a show than Paradise City.

Start - Awesome. WTTJ, It's So Easy, Mr B and LALD (yes, I take back all my teasing about the Wings cover).

Middle - Up and down. Solos and low-tempo stuff like KOHD really sucked the energy out of the place.

Axl told a funny story about Bubbles, Mexico and Tequila. Then sang Liquor and Whores with Bubbles. Axl seemed to love it, even if the crowd were all a bit mystified.

Sounds like you had a great time. rock3

Good stuff! They do put on a great show, as much as some of us (who just want to hear new stuff) bitch about the set list.

I agree about LALD...it's awesome live. So much energy. I'm even starting to like the studio version a lot more lately. OTGM is another song that is better live than studio IMO (though it's cool that way too).

KOHD is the ultimate downer. They should really ditch that song and replace it with something else. There are lots of options, just about anything would be better I think. If they want something on the softer side, why not CITR? With not a crazy lot of loud guitars going on I'm sure it would sound great live, and be listenable enough for a crowd that does not know the song. If that's not an option then I'd much rather hear something like Breakdown or Since I Don't Have You. True, those are not as soft as KOHD but not very much is.

Edited by KBear

Sounds good. The people who went loved it from all I have read. That is the important thing. So piss off about the setlist if you weren't there.

umm i have to agree there about the setlist. it would be different if they returned to a country and didnt change the setlist......but they havnt been here with this lineup....let us aussie enjoy it.

you know the order of the date is screwed up, it should say 6/10/07.p.s. not trying to be an asshole, just wanted to point that out

In Europe and pretty much the rest of the world, that date is perfectly valid.

In North America though people tend to do things a little upside down :)

Not sure how they do it in Australia though...

so october 2006 of 2007 is ok then?

You're not that clever are you?

awesome!!! rock3

I wondering why they aren't playing CD though, it's the Chinese Democracy world tour and they don't play CHinese Democracy?

maybe because CD sucks live. All the bootlegs I've heard of it suck. IRS, Better, The Blues, and Maddy are all sooooo much better live.

And please, stfu about the setlist. Nobody who isn't a hardcore fan like us wants to go hear songs they've never heard before. They play 3 or 4 a night and that's fine. Trust me, when they play the new songs the excitement for most people in the crowd goes down, except for the few of us there who know them.

If Axl has anyway of knowing what his fans want, really, THEN ATLEAST PUT MADAGASCAR ON THE SETLIST FROM NOW ON!!! Consider it a small atonement for the CD's continued unrelease!!!

Going to Melb this fri... anyone else going? up the front?

AXL YOU FUCK, I NEED MADAGASCAR THE SAME WAY I NEEDED YOURE CRAZY 17 YEARS AGO! DONT DOG US!!!!!!!!!

If Axl has anyway of knowing what his fans want, really, THEN ATLEAST PUT MADAGASCAR ON THE SETLIST FROM NOW ON!!! Consider it a small atonement for the CD's continued unrelease!!!

Going to Melb this fri... anyone else going? up the front?

AXL YOU FUCK, I NEED MADAGASCAR THE SAME WAY I NEEDED YOURE CRAZY 17 YEARS AGO! DONT DOG US!!!!!!!!!

I'm going refer to my sig i'm in the front row seats