more Zep reunion speculation

Zint

as reported on Blabbermouth:

According to World Entertainment News Network, rock legends LED ZEPPELIN will reportedly reunite for a one-off memorial concert in honor of their late record boss before embarking on a world tour.

ZEPPELIN has only performed a handful of concerts, including Live Aid in 1985, since its split in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham.

But, if the reports are tp b believed, singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will re-group alongside Bonham's son Jason for a special concert in memory of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London.

A source says, "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date.

"And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out.

"It has been hoped for and denied for years. But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

Ertegun died in December 2006 after seven weeks in a coma following a fall at a ROLLING STONES concert.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Let's face it. They HAVE to be watching Genesis, The Police and the ageless Stones just rake in the bucks and think to themselves, enough is enough already

More power to them - I'd pay a pretty penny to see Page/Plant/Jones perform together, that's for sure.

My feeling usually is, when a group of guys have great chemistry then I think they should be playing and writing together. Especially when time starts to become a factor. It's amazing how much respect these guys have for John that they'd give it all up, but at the same time life is short and giving up something that great could end up being something they regret. Maybe they could have continued under another name to preserve John's legacy, although I know it runs deeper than that.

This is why I want to see a GN'R reunion. But at the same time it needs to live up to what the band once was, and it can't be half assed or it'll look like a joke. I want them to release new material, otherwise they'd look like a bunch of has beens touring around and playing only the old hits. That's what washed up bands do. A great VR album and some cool performances thus far reduces my desire for a reunion though!

Edited by KBear

Apparently theres also talks of a full blown tour, this could be huge

"And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out."

"It has been hoped for and denied for years. But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...for_a_show.html

Apparently theres also talks of a full blown tour, this could be huge

"And no one can quite believe it, but during discussions about the concert they all gave the green light to a tour if it all does well and they don't all fall out."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcomi...for_a_show.html

Don't be crazy, It is not going to happen. If it does, great. Sign me up for a ticket.

Led Zeppelin to reunite?

Led Zeppelin are in talks to reunite for a memorial concert.

The band are apparently in discussions to reform for a one-off gig in London for their late record boss Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

It is thought singer Robert Plant guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will re-group alongside late drummer John Bonham's son Jason for the gig.

A source close to the band said: "Page, Plant and Jones spoke and agreed to do the memorial concert. They are waiting for a definite date.

The band have only performed a handful of concerts since they split in 1980, including Live Aid in 1985.

"It has been hoped for and denied for years," the source told World Entertainment News Network. "But this is the closest they have ever come to a reunion tour. The feeling is that this is going to happen next year."

I'm happy that they're not going to reunite - Led Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands, but I feel that if they toured it would tarnish their legendary image. Led Zeppelin died the day John Bonham died - they should let it rest. I like the fact that they haven't toured since they split up, and aren't doing things for the sake of cash-grabbing. I'd rather just remember them for their great days as the four, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and John Bonham.

Edited by LCG