im a happy camper

It's most likely a re-print..

how will I be able to tell? It says 1987 and it has the Geffen logo on the back. Any help would be great.

well if it says 1987, I think it's the orginal, since that's when AFD was released.

Plus it has the original cover on it.

I think this is the original version , not a reprint, so don't open it. I hope you haven't. It's definitly a collectors item.

It'd be pretty hard to find an original 1st print at a retail outlet.

You have to scan eBay and know exactly what to look for. I did end up finding an original 1st printing, still sealed and mint condition, and paid like only $40 for it. Most buyers do not know the difference from one version to the next and probably think one sealed rape scene cover is the same as any other. Mine still has the original price sticker (sold for $6.99 at the time). The shrink wrap has really become stuck to the cover (you know, you can still peel it off but it's almost like putting Saran wrap on something - it has a wet sticky look). That gives me comfort...I know that the album has been sitting in the shrink wrap for a long time. It's pretty cool owning a piece of history like this. I'd say this is my best piece of GN'R memorabilia, if only because my copy of LLAS, I believe, is a fake.

Next I'm hoping to score a Japanese first printing of the skull and crossbones cover, and also a legit copy of LLAS (I doubt there are many out there in mint condition, probably need to settle for some damage - I pretty much believe if you run into a seller that has a mint and sealed copy, it's 95% fake. If they are in some Asian country, that jumps to about 99.9%). I'd have to believe, given the nature of the release, that most legit copies would be from the U.S. and would have at least some minor damage.

Edited by KBear

It's most likely a re-print..

how will I be able to tell? It says 1987 and it has the Geffen logo on the back. Any help would be great.

well if it says 1987, I think it's the orginal, since that's when AFD was released.

Plus it has the original cover on it.

I think this is the original version , not a reprint, so don't open it. I hope you haven't. It's definitly a collectors item.

Many reprints look exactly the same and don't have the date of the actual release of the reprint printed on them so that it says 1987 on it doesn't unfortunately prove anything. So check the serial number/catalougue number to be sure. My guess is that it's a reprint and then you really over payed. But hey, if you're happy, that's all that really matters :)