Led Zeppelin

Kefer

why do people hold this band up so high? Stairway to Heaven is the most boring song ever. Well not as boring as a pink floyd song but pretty close.Page can play a decent guitar but he's no hendrix. Plant has a whiney voice . The first album had some fairly good songs but they never really expanded on their sound. As for lyrics , they did nothing for me. I've never heard one of their songs and gotten that cool feeling that a good song can give ya. I understand that a listener isn't gonna necessarily understand what every songs message is but all their songs are an abuse of the english language. if led zeppelin was a new band today they wouldn't sell. the music is nothing ground breaking and the lyrics make no sense whatsoever. this is my OPINION so don't crap yourself.

Of course they wouldn't sell if they were a band of today, in case you hadn't noticed, the music industry of the 21st century was went down the pan, and the pans been flushed down the toilet.

not true at all.just about every band on Fat Wreck Chords and Hell Cat records are great. A lot of great bands out there.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I think that we've inflated Led Zeppelin's influence a bit much. They're made out to have been revolutionary, but Cream, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Jeff Beck really laid the groundwork for them. They just put out a lot of good records.

Of course they wouldn't sell if they were a band of today, in case you hadn't noticed, the music industry of the 21st century was went down the pan, and the pans been flushed down the toilet.

not true at all.just about every band on Fat Wreck Chords and Hell Cat records are great. A lot of great bands out there.

Yeah, but they aren't in the mainstream anymore, which is what i meant, the mainstream music of today has went down the pan, through the toilet, sewers, etc...

And thats made underground bands, labels etc, "Cool"

I think that we've inflated Led Zeppelin's influence a bit much. They're made out to have been revolutionary, but Cream, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, and Jeff Beck really laid the groundwork for them. They just put out a lot of good records.

to put out a lot of good records is pretty much what you should expect from a band dude.

why do people hold this band up so high? Stairway to Heaven is the most boring song ever. Well not as boring as a pink floyd song but pretty close.Page can play a decent guitar but he's no hendrix. Plant has a whiney voice . The first album had some fairly good songs but they never really expanded on their sound. As for lyrics , they did nothing for me. I've never heard one of their songs and gotten that cool feeling that a good song can give ya. I understand that a listener isn't gonna necessarily understand what every songs message is but all their songs are an abuse of the english language. if led zeppelin was a new band today they wouldn't sell. the music is nothing ground breaking and the lyrics make no sense whatsoever. this is my OPINION so don't crap yourself.

Their music is nothing groundbreaking now. But back then it was legendary. I don't love them as much as I used to but I can't deny the impact they made.

Page is no Hendrix, but who the hell is other than Hendrix? Back then, he was one of the best, and his Heartbreaker solo influenced EVH's Eruption.

Plant is one of the best singers of all time. No questions asked. You're wrong about his 'whiney' voice. Listen to his live stuff from before 75.

In short, you're plain wrong.

I agree totally that they are one of the most boring bands ever, songs that are just far too long with no hooks or interesting parts. IV is a pretty damn good album (Black Dog, Rock N' Roll, Stairway to heaven etc.) but all their others are pretty boring with good songs too far and few between.

Also their lyrics are some of the worst I've ever heard, for example, Heartbreaker has the dumbest, try-hardiest, uninspired lyrics out there, they seriously make me cringe when I hear them. And the riff sounds like something they almost got right, but didn't

Edited by pain cake

Hearing that most of their catalogue was plagarized really discuraged me to further listen to them, then in some thread on this forum about Page I learned it was actually just the lyrics that had been copied and I was like, "whatever, who gives a shit the music fucking rocks"

If Led Zepp is overrated at all its because of that, but really theyre a hell of a band and the fact of lyric plagarism alone doesnt even put a dent in how much they kick ass, awesome musicians. Very few bands, if any, consist of just the right musicians that have the abuility to crank out drum beats and groove like When The Levie Breaks, riffs like Black Dog, or melody like Friends. Such a great combo.

Bro, it's fair to say that your not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Led Zeppelin wouldn't be groundbreaking today because you moron, they ARE the ground. The ground that almost every new rock band since their generation has been influenced by. The majority of the bands that are around today and have been around for the past 20 years probably wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Led Zeppelin. Next time you post, think before you post, if at all possible, anyway.

You just managed to bash both Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd in the same post.

See ya

You're so dead on. I don't see how a band as great as Zep is can be compared to another band as great as Floyd is and that be considered a bad thing. These are two of the best bands of all time. Guns N' Roses was the closest I have heard to the next incarnation of Zep with the release of Use Your Illusion.

You just managed to bash both Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd in the same post.

See ya

You're so dead on. I don't see how a band as great as Zep is can be compared to another band as great as Floyd is and that be considered a bad thing. These are two of the best bands of all time. Guns N' Roses was the closest I have heard to the next incarnation of Zep with the release of Use Your Illusion.

Totally agree--so sad they couln't stick together like the mighty Zep and Floyd

you deserve to die

I love Led Zeppelin - my favorite band at the moment. I don't find them boring at all.

They have provided us with some awesome music. I hope you aren't one like Chris Axl, who just listens to a few songs before bashing a band.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

to put out a lot of good records is pretty much what you should expect from a band dude.

*influence*

I don't agree stairway to heaven is over rated, it's a great instrumental arrangement with superb lyrics and an amazing climax.

The Solo though is over rated, it's very simple and repetative. Nowhere near the greatest solo ever as I've seen it been called on many occasion