Pearl Jam: Vitalogy

pain cake

So since I'm such a big fan of Ten and VS. and I'd heard such great things about this, it even being proclaimed as "Better than Ten" I just had to have it. It's probably one of the worst albums I've ever owned. The combination of boring riffs, Vedder's dreadful vocals and blatently uninspired songs make this album just crap. I suppose I could see Corduroy and Immortality growing on me, and Better Man has a damn good hook, but the rest of the album is just uninspired nonsense with none of the plentiful hooks like on Ten. And I bring this up cause it's not just a bad album, it's CRAP, I mean what the hell kind of chorus is "SPIN SPIN! SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE!" meant to be? It's annoying rubbish.

Biggest waste of $24

You're wrong. Vitalogy is one of their best. Spin The Black Circle is a brilliant punky song with great vocals from Eddie, and you really can't go wrong with Not For You, Nothingman, Whipping or Corduroy. These songs have more anger in them than other Pearl Jam songs, and the vocals of Eddie are a bit more raw, but I love it. But the best two songs are also two of Pearl Jams best songs ever. I cannot begin to understand why anyone would dislike Betterman or Immortality. Two amazingly wonderful and beautiful songs. Listen to Better Man live, it's magic. And Immortality is such a sweet goodbye song to Kurt Cobain, it's both sad and amazing. Give the record time, I'm convinced you will like it.

Guest knerken

Vitalogy is their best album. The songs are much better than the songs on Ten, and Eddie's raw voice is great! Too bad you didn't like it pain cake.

Definately my favourite Pearl Jam album, I love almost every track in some way or another! Bugs is hilariously awesome in a fuckin' really freaky way. Corduroy, Nothingman, Better Man, etc are all some of PJs best tracks. Excellent album - too bad its not for everyone :)

xDSGx

Yes, there are two insanely (and intentionally) awful and annoying experiments. But considering the quality of most of the record, it's a minor annoyance. Corduroy, Satan's Bed, StBC, Last Exit, Immortality, Tremor Christ, Not For You, Nothingman, Better Man...best thing they've ever done. Best thing they'll ever do.

Edited by Angelica

Vitalogy has some amazing tracks on it, but you're correct in that it is not a great "album" There are some of the stupidest fucking non-sense Eddie Vedder babble-shit tracks on there as well.

It does not touch the first 2 albums in my opinion