favorite 80's band besides gnr

vulgar

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Aerosmith in the 80's.

Ive got all their 70's albums, they were so much more raw in those days. In the 80's it was like they were trying to fit into the music scene with Poison etc.

duff21

Yep, they ruled the 70's...Kix was really cool, I really despised most of the 80's 'til AFD came out. Toward the end it got better, Badlands anybody? Junkyard? Broken Homes? Dog's D'Amour?

Ive got all their 70's albums, they were so much more raw in those days. In the 80's it was like they were trying to fit into the music scene with Poison etc.

duff21

Yep, they ruled the 70's...Kix was really cool, I really despised most of the 80's 'til AFD came out. Toward the end it got better, Badlands anybody? Junkyard? Broken Homes? Dog's D'Amour?

aerosmith totally sold out in the 80's. i actually favor their 90's stuff over their 80's garbage.

duff21

aerosmith totally sold out in the 80's. i actually favor their 90's stuff over their 80's garbage.

that makes sense :rofl-lol:

duff21

:fuckyou: they did sell out to the whole glam bullshit.

duff21

i never said they didnt :rolleyes:

duff21

yeah, i also stated that i favor their 90's stuff over their 80's garbage. how did that not make since?

Edited by vulgar

duff21

yeah, i also stated that i favor their 90's stuff over their 80's garbage. how did that not make since?

well their 80s stuff was pretty much a continuation from the 90s. no big difference really. just seems weird you'd hate the 80s and not the 90s.

duff21

well their 80s stuff was pretty much a continuation from the 90s. no big difference really. just seems weird you'd hate the 80s and not the 90s.

not all aerosmith's 90's material sounds the same as the 80's crap. the 80's stuff was glam sounding. their 90's stuff was just mainstream rock. plus i never said i hated the 80's.

Edited by vulgar

duff21

OK, I'm more than a little confused...glam? Glam was around when Aerosmith started in the 70's, Tyler always wore makeup and dressed up. And GNR was glam compared to the t-shirt and jeans thang...I think you mean they got poppy. not glam.

duff21

OK, I'm more than a little confused...glam? Glam was around when Aerosmith started in the 70's, Tyler always wore makeup and dressed up. And GNR was glam compared to the t-shirt and jeans thang...I think you mean they got poppy. not glam.

i'm talking about glam metal. duh

duff21

i'm talking about glam metal. duh

No need to snippy kid, you mean pop metal, Bon Jovi and Cinderella and all that shit? Poison? That kinda thing? I'm just tryin' to clarify, not start shit, i do that enough talkin about Axl's solo band :rolleyes:

duff21

not all aerosmith's 90's material sounds the same as the 80's crap. the 80's stuff was glam sounding. their 90's stuff was just mainstream rock. plus i never said i hated the 80's.

glam was basically a look dude, there wasnt a lot of a sound variant to it. Aerosmith were always mainstream rock.

duff21

glam was basically a look dude, there wasnt a lot of a sound variant to it. Aerosmith were always mainstream rock.

it was a label though. that made money.

Edited by vulgar

right so you dislike aerosmith, a band that make music because they embraced a label for a period, a period that ostensibly had nothing to do with their music. so essentially, you dont like em in 80s because they changed clothes?

right so you dislike aerosmith, a band that make music because they embraced a label for a period, a period that ostensibly had nothing to do with their music. so essentially, you dont like em in 80s because they changed clothes?

no! you totally don't understand what i'm saying. listen to most of their 80's shit then listen to their 90's stuff and you tell me if you notice something in their sound. btw i love aerosmith.

no! you totally don't understand what i'm saying. listen to most of their 80's shit then listen to their 90's stuff and you tell me if you notice something in their sound. btw i love aerosmith.

i have and i do and there is a SLIGHT difference but then theres ALWAYS a LITTLE difference after 10 years, there even was in the ramones and they were trying to do the exact same thing all the time dude. and yeah, i love Aerosmith too, did we just fucking agree on something? the world must be coming to an end huh dude? :lol:

i have and i do and there is a SLIGHT difference but then theres ALWAYS a LITTLE difference after 10 years, there even was in the ramones and they were trying to do the exact same thing all the time dude. and yeah, i love Aerosmith too, did we just fucking agree on something? the world must be coming to an end huh dude? :lol:

maybe our feud is over.

Edited by vulgar