Roth Vs Hagar

Forsaken

Roth or Hagar  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright so i've been wanting to make this thread for awhile but keep forgetting. Which frontman do you prefer in Van Halen? This is a topic that has been debated for awhile, I want your opinions. I personally choose David Lee Roth, just because of sheer stage presence and performance.

Edited by Forsaken

Sammy is such a better singer than Dave its laughable, weather he fits the band better or not is purely opinion, DLR just comes off as a primadonna douchebag to me and Sammy seems like a cool guy. So Hagar all the way.

the fact that he has mike anthony says that he's an overall nicer guy than david

No question about that one. But for all his faults and eccentricities, and probably partly because of the latter, DLR was just an insanely good frontman back in his prime VH years.

DLR was pure electricity...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Solo?

Hagar, Better voice, better material, and he can write his own material, okus the fact that he has mike anthony says that he's an overall nicer guy than david

Roth hasn't

Not as a solo artist, but in VH.

all you said was as a frontman

well, thats a tough one, cause sammy could play all dave's songs, but it's guaranteed roth can't do sammy's

plus, it's damned cool when sammy and eddie have guitar dual solos(live without a net)

I'm kinda a sucker for a frontman who can play, if nothing more than because the option is there, and I'm not talking the dumb"oh i'll play some accoustic chords" I'm talking about really playing. And sammy has chops, and I really love that in a frontman, it shows chemistry, a band that oves to jam together,

roth is into impressing the crowd with martial arts tricks, which I'll admit are cool, but I like guitar frontmen better

so sammy wins by a narrow margin as a strong live frontman

in studio it's dodgy

Edited by Bucketslash

Solo?

Hagar, Better voice, better material, and he can write his own material, okus the fact that he has mike anthony says that he's an overall nicer guy than david

Roth hasn't

Not as a solo artist, but in VH.

all you said was as a frontman

Check out my first post. :rolleyes:

Diamond Dave!

Like his solo stuff , too

Great musicians in his first 2 solo albums.

Bisonette, Vai and Sheehan = Gold.

But then THEY were carrying all the weight. They were the stars of those albums.

Once they were gone and Dave had to produce on his own, you could see how little the guy actually had to offer.