Ax Rose Chat #4 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Let's try something. I'll give a topic and lets try and get a few or more of your questions on the subject. I've either read or heard all types of opinions on these and that's not what I'm trying to get at here. What I'd like to try are the questions as straightforward and concise as you can try and make 'em. I'll read them and if possible answer them collectively. I'll do my best to give you what I can and we'll see how it goes. :xmasssanta: So here goes...

The ownership of the name Guns N' Roses.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think about people that say CD should of been a solo album instead of using the name Guns N' Roses ( I don't agree with them of course but...)

And how much has been spent on legal battles over the name/how much do you value the name at?

Let's try something. I'll give a topic and lets try and get a few or more of your questions on the subject. I've either read or heard all types of opinions on these and that's not what I'm trying to get at here. What I'd like to try are the questions as straightforward and concise as you can try and make 'em. I'll read them and if possible answer them collectively. I'll do my best to give you what I can and we'll see how it goes. :xmasssanta: So here goes...

Is there still an ongoing truggle for ownership of the name from the ex band members??

The legal issue's of a band are more tabloid and angry slash fan's thing..im really into chinese democracy right now!!

Id like to know how you get the effect on the chorus of shackler's revenge that give's that reverb'd presence if u get what i mean? , also the string's in this i love , the electronica and synth's in all the song's floating in the background , what keyboard's and equip do u use ? , there really really intresting sound's.

p.s Kudo's on catcher , love the shameless metal riffing in the verse's , its like the beatle's enlisted kirk hammet! , ausum lol.

see ya on tour aroun 2011.

Not what this is for. I'm glad you decided what I'm doing for me. Thanks! What would I do without you!!

Hi AXL,

Could you tell us more about "there was a time", this is the best song on the album for me, i like the epic atmosphere and your voice is totally awesome at the end of the song. thumbsup

I hope you will play it on the next Tour.

Thanx for your time,

Greetings from Paris, France. smile

(if you need a guide to visit Paris, Eiffel Tower & stuff, tell me ! lol)

Not here or I would've said something like "Hey ask me anything other than what I've originally posted here."

The most concise way I could put it;

What is the difference between former members forwarding their careers through their association with you, and a band benefiting from touring/releasing under a name originally associated with a group of musicians who are no longer there?

Actually written down, I'm not sure that makes as much sense as it did in my head :tongue2:

Bold topic. :xmasssanta: I'll try to keep this thread clean to make it easy for you. (I'll be deleting doubles of the same question).

Obviously the name Guns N' Roses means a lot to you historically - do you think it would have been easier (less criticism from being the only "original" remaining member) or harder (the name obviously carries a lot of weight) to have pursued the Chinese Democracy project under a different name.