My letter to axl

i sent this thru gnr's facebook and thru bumble.

Dear Axl, the whole band, Beta , fernando and they're family and of course anyone who actually gives a shit.

A lot of hating and nonsense has already been written and said about the HOF induction since Axl's letter has been posted online.

What i wish to say it's something diffrent...

I have not been a fan of Gnr all my life, hell i was born in '89 and although i remember hearing you could be mine in terminator 2 ou jungle in clint eastwood's Dead pool, it wasn't till my 18th birthday that i started paying more attention to Guns n roses besides listening to jungle every now and then. Mostly because my father never let me hear the music or watch the tv channels i wanted even if it was on the privacy of my room.

What i want to say is that as soon as i started paying more and more atention to GNR's music and "history", i started falling in love with the band and the music itself, the lyrics and mostly because i always loved your voice and the danger the band represented. The "it's my way or the highway" stand.

And although i inicially didnt pay any atention to the "new" gnr members, i slowly started hearing and reading more about them and watchin interviews and concert footage and i started admiring these guys, maybe because im from a newer generation and not from the "80's", i don't know, but i learned to respect and get to know the actual members (some more than others) and from there i started dissecting every little word, text, interview, video, or even your famous "mygnr" chats with the members.

And i saw a man who has been fighting for what he stands for 25 years, a man that has fight time and time again critics, hating, lawsuits and ex-members public lies and was able to form an amazing line up, i think that since '09 , this has been the utimate gnr line up, the adition of ashba with his "slash-like" aproach on the guitar, Bumble's guitar shredding or Frank's amazing drumming has addicted me into this line up and i sincerily wish you guys could get the respect you deserve.

I mean no one in the band had been in a project as big as GNR, they are all amazing musicians but they never really had they're shot at the title i guess...and u grabbed them and yes u gave em an oportunity to be on an amazing band, but u also have put them on a spotlight where they are going to be attacked , where they are going to be bashed by angry so called fans, where they are going to be called slags or hacks by junkie losers, where they will get hit with "missiles", u have been "booed" off stage. And we're talking about guys that didnt had to deal with these sort of problems before, besides all the shit they get every show is a constant fight to win the crowd over, u guys always have to make every show better than the last, and u guys are making 3h shows, you played 2 or 3 shows sick not too long ago and i bet a younger axl would've just canceled but u didn't, bumblefoot has lots of pain but he still goes out there for 3h, he doesnt ask for the shows to be cut short, and why do you guys do it ? for the money ?? NO! if you were in it for the money you would've chosen the "easy" way out long ago and re-formed the old line up, there is no NEW GNR or OLD GNR, you're not driving gnr's legacy to the ground, I believe you are not the person most people say you are, i believe you care more about us than sometimes we care to see.

There is only GUNS N' ROSES and as long as you guys can honor the band's name and be as good or (like i think) BETTER than the old line up then i promise you that me ad all the people who agree with me will always be at your shows.

GNR's never been about pleasing to anyone so why should start now ? The stunt you pulled against HOF with that letter would've made even Marlon Brando himself proud, Great musicians, actors hell Great persons don't need a prize or a signed paper to show how good they are in what they do, they just go there and do it every single night.

Bumblefoot once told me on a message thru facebook "we're like party planners , you see the party but you don't see the planners", i think this sums up everything u guys stand for, your not there for fortune and FAME or (shame), you're there because you love what you do and you want to give the fans every night the best show ever.

Every so called fan who says that you don't care about fans or says that you should do this or that because we are the ones who pay you, are NOT fans, you don't owe me or any other fan in the world anything you haven't been repaying every single night with 3h of great music with great musicians.

People need to realize that to "us" Guns n' roses are a band (even if u are the greatest rock band ever to some of us) but to you GNR is your private life, your "job", your vision , your dream and no one and by no one i mean not some fuckin producer, or some fuckin record company, manager or a fan should tell you how to live it.

If you want to wear rings wear them, if tommy want's to dress as a teletubbie let him, if Bumble wants to be a star war's stormtropper then let him and if you don't want a reunion or don't want to be at HOF then "we" should let you.

One of the reasons i respect you is because you're always true to yourself, if less money means not seeling out then be it ! Stay true, stay Axl.

A great thanks to you,bumblefoot, Dj ashba, Fortus, Tommy, Dizzy,Frank, Chris and a special thanks to Beta for keeping you out of trouble and helping you revive GNR.

Obrigado.

Sincerely a mere portuguese fan.

Kanudo

• Like 3

Wtf is wrong with you pathetic haters?

Great fucking letter. Respect to you my friend. Much respect.

they didn't get theyre wish come true so now they need to bash everyone :P fuck'em

i said wht i wanted to say, so far i only got the answer from bbf, but maybe if more fans did the stuff i do, i donno maybe axl would come here more often ? maybe axl would hang out with us at every show ?

or simply we wold all be happier with less hating in our hearts

Edited by kanudo19

I have a t-shirt that reads "Fuck You You Fucking Fuck!" That's pretty much the way I feel about you Axl- You're a selfish, ungrateful, self-involved Douche Bag! I went to your last show in LA (thank god my friend bought my ticket) and although you finally said thank you to your fans- something you didn't do way back when we supported you on your first tour with "Guns N

> Roses," I don't think you will ever get that without us, you're not shit. We buy your tickets and other worthless crap. We make you relevant- certainly not your new music. I will not support your next album by purchasing it. I will not go to another kareoke show where I have to hear a shadow of your vocal ability and a bunch of guys using you to rocket themselves to fortune and fame by having to play someone else's music like little bitches. Standing in the crowd of cameraphone zombies, I just felt sad for your backup band. Slash made mistakes that he has clearly taken responsibility for. Time for you to do the same, butthole. The Hall of Fame is just the final straw in a long list of things that show how unappreciative you are to the people who made you who you are. This is ENTERTAINMENT and is supposed to be fun- you have taken that away for me- I will always respect your talent, but I hate you for sucking the last ounce of joy from what once was. Couldn't you have at least put your over inflated ego aside just once? I'm glad you rejected being inducted because you are truly not worthy to be in the pantheon of rock greats like Slash.

>

> -Vinnymaxx

• 2 months later...

Wtf is wrong with you pathetic haters?

Great fucking letter. Respect to you my friend. Much respect.

+1

I am not looking for a reunio whateva, but its great that this fan expressed what he wanted to say.

(in comparison to me where I have to live in Detroit till I die!)

Rock on!!

thank u :) try living on the small portuguese town im stuck in...way better than detroit (not)

Dear Axl, the whole band, Beta , fernando and they're family and of course anyone who actually gives a shit.

A lot of hating and nonsense has already been written and said about the HOF induction since Axl's letter has been posted online.

I have not been a fan of Gnr all my life, hell i was born in '89 and although i remember hearing you could be mine in terminator 2 ou jungle in clint eastwood's Dead pool, it wasn't till my 18th birthday that i started paying more attention to Guns n roses besides listening to jungle every now and then. Mostly because my father never let me hear the music or watch the tv channels i wanted even if it was on the privacy of my room.

What i want to say is that as soon as i started paying more and more atention to GNR's music and "history", i started falling in love with the band and the music itself, the lyrics and mostly because i always loved your voice and the danger the band represented. The "it's my way or the highway" stand.

And although i inicially didnt pay any atention to the "new" gnr members, i slowly started hearing and reading more about them and watchin interviews and concert footage and i started admiring these guys, maybe because im from a newer generation and not from the "80's", i don't know, but i learned to respect and get to know the actual members (some more than others) and from there i started dissecting every little word, text, interview, video, or even your famous "mygnr" chats with the members.

And i saw a man who has been fighting for what he stands for 25 years, a man that has fight time and time again critics, hating, lawsuits and ex-members public lies and was able to form an amazing line up, i think that since '09 , this has been the utimate gnr line up, the adition of ashba with his "slash-like" aproach on the guitar, Bumble's guitar shredding or Frank's amazing drumming has addicted me into this line up and i sincerily wish you guys could get the respect you deserve.

I mean no one in the band had been in a project as big as GNR, they are all amazing musicians but they never really had they're shot at the title i guess...and u grabbed them and yes u gave em an oportunity to be on an amazing band, but u also have put them on a spotlight where they are going to be attacked , where they are going to be bashed by angry so called fans, where they are going to be called slags or hacks by junkie losers, where they will get hit with "missiles", u have been "booed" off stage. And we're talking about guys that didnt had to deal with these sort of problems before, besides all the shit they get every show is a constant fight to win the crowd over, u guys always have to make every show better than the last, and u guys are making 3h shows, you played 2 or 3 shows sick not too long ago and i bet a younger axl would've just canceled but u didn't, bumblefoot has lots of pain but he still goes out there for 3h, he doesnt ask for the shows to be cut short, and why do you guys do it ? for the money ?? NO! if you were in it for the money you would've chosen the "easy" way out long ago and re-formed the old line up, there is no NEW GNR or OLD GNR, you're not driving gnr's legacy to the ground, I believe you are not the person most people say you are, i believe you care more about us than sometimes we care to see.

There is only GUNS N' ROSES and as long as you guys can honor the band's name and be as good or (like i think) BETTER than the old line up then i promise you that me ad all the people who agree with me will always be at your shows.

GNR's never been about pleasing to anyone so why should start now ? The stunt you pulled against HOF with that letter would've made even Marlon Brando himself proud, Great musicians, actors hell Great persons don't need a prize or a signed paper to show how good they are in what they do, they just go there and do it every single night.

Bumblefoot once told me on a message thru facebook "we're like party planners , you see the party but you don't see the planners", i think this sums up everything u guys stand for, your not there for fortune and FAME or (shame), you're there because you love what you do and you want to give the fans every night the best show ever.

Every so called fan who says that you don't care about fans or says that you should do this or that because we are the ones who pay you, are NOT fans, you don't owe me or any other fan in the world anything you haven't been repaying every single night with 3h of great music with great musicians.

People need to realize that to "us" Guns n' roses are a band (even if u are the greatest rock band ever to some of us) but to you GNR is your private life, your "job", your vision , your dream and no one and by no one i mean not some fuckin producer, or some fuckin record company, manager or a fan should tell you how to live it.

If you want to wear rings wear them, if tommy want's to dress as a teletubbie let him, if Bumble wants to be a star war's stormtropper then let him and if you don't want a reunion or don't want to be at HOF then "we" should let you.

One of the reasons i respect you is because you're always true to yourself, if less money means not seeling out then be it ! Stay true, stay Axl.

A great thanks to you,bumblefoot, Dj ashba, Fortus, Tommy, Dizzy,Frank, Chris and a special thanks to Beta for keeping you out of trouble and helping you revive GNR.

Obrigado.

Kanudo

I stopped reading after you were born in 1989.

• 3 weeks later...

Obrigado.

Kanudo

that doesnt change shit, there are 50year old guys who love this line up, and there are 15y old kids that want a reunion... being born in 89 doesnt make me less fan than anybody

I have a t-shirt that reads "Fuck You You Fucking Fuck!" That's pretty much the way I feel about you Axl- You're a selfish, ungrateful, self-involved Douche Bag! I went to your last show in LA (thank god my friend bought my ticket) and although you finally said thank you to your fans- something you didn't do way back when we supported you on your first tour with "Guns N

> Roses," I don't think you will ever get that without us, you're not shit. We buy your tickets and other worthless crap. We make you relevant- certainly not your new music. I will not support your next album by purchasing it. I will not go to another kareoke show where I have to hear a shadow of your vocal ability and a bunch of guys using you to rocket themselves to fortune and fame by having to play someone else's music like little bitches. Standing in the crowd of cameraphone zombies, I just felt sad for your backup band. Slash made mistakes that he has clearly taken responsibility for. Time for you to do the same, butthole. The Hall of Fame is just the final straw in a long list of things that show how unappreciative you are to the people who made you who you are. This is ENTERTAINMENT and is supposed to be fun- you have taken that away for me- I will always respect your talent, but I hate you for sucking the last ounce of joy from what once was. Couldn't you have at least put your over inflated ego aside just once? I'm glad you rejected being inducted because you are truly not worthy to be in the pantheon of rock greats like Slash.

>

> -Vinnymaxx

I echo most of what you say Vin, I do have some respect for Ashba for his Sixx AM work, but I too will not be purchasing any G&R items, going to any shows, or buying new albums which I don't expect will be coming out anyway. Slash was obviously the major creative force behind the band, you can see this by how many albums he's come out with and how many performances he's done since he left the band, Axle came out with one shitty album (my opinion so suck it) and has been touring to suck the last $$'s out of the old G&R tunes. There will be no reunion, so get over that one, Slash is still kicking ass so enjoy his new music, I just saw him 2 weeks ago and he put on an amazing show, and even hit the stage on time!! Now that is respect for your fans, unlike what others continue to do. The RRHOF induction fiasco was my last straw, in fact I came to this forum to unsubscribe to it, as I have from Axl's twitter and FB accounts. But a good discussion is always interesting, so I might hang around for a bit longer...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Obrigado.

Kanudo

that doesnt change shit, there are 50year old guys who love this line up, and there are 15y old kids that want a reunion... being born in 89 doesnt make me less fan than anybody

Yea hes got a point. I'm 16 and I'd love to see a reunion. Wish I was born to see them live in their prime. :question:

• 5 months later...