Does anyone think Jimmy Page has influenced Slash's decision not to Reunite?

grigori

jimmypageandslash2eq7.jpg

I know that Slash is good friends with Jimmy Page and was even one of the first people to publicly say that Jimmy didn't want to reunite with Robert Plant after their last reunion tour. He had dinner with him not too long ago I believe.

I think that Slash has reflected on that similarities of the former Guns N' Roses and Led Zeppelin and has followed Jimmy's lead. Both bands already had cemented themselves in the public's yes. Both bands have lead guitarists that are heroes to the fans. Both also have lead singers that unfortunately have not been able to sing like they used to. It's not as bad in Axl's case but nonetheless I think Jimmy's decision not reunite Led Zeppelin even if he and Robert Plant are on amicable terms has influenced Slash's decision since his grass would not look much greener.

I would post links with references but I'm lazy.

I know that Slash is good friends with Jimmy Page and was even one of the first people to publicly say that Jimmy didn't want to reunite with Robert Plant after their last reunion tour. He had dinner with him not too long ago I believe.

I think that Slash has reflected on that similarities of the former Guns N' Roses and Led Zeppelin and has followed Jimmy's lead. Both bands already had cemented themselves in the public's yes. Both bands have lead guitarists that are heroes to the fans. Both also have lead singers that unfortunately have not been able to sing like they used to. It's not as bad in Axl's case but nonetheless I think Jimmy's decision not reunite Led Zeppelin even if he and Robert Plant are on amicable terms has influenced Slash's decision since his grass would not look much greener.

my understanding is that led zeppelin didn't do any reuinion because of Robert Plant not wanting to--not because of Jimmy Page. He was busy touring with Allison Krauss. That was the excuse then, anyway.

I also believe Slash would do some sort of reunion if Axl would. Slash has said he doesn't see it happening lately and seems to be playing it cool but he would do it if Axl could bury the hatchet. However, I understand Axl's point of view wanting to respect his new "band" and all.

I don't know. I couldn't find the links but I remember Slash said something to the effect that Jimmy was the one that didn't want to do it. In searching for the interview I found an article where Steven Tyler said he refused to join Led Zeppelin. I never heard that side of the story and only remember Joe Perry telling the world that Jimmy Page turned Steven down.

I guess there are two sides to every story if you live on flatland.

Well he has had advice from Keith Richards to NEVER LEAVE YOUR BAND . That was back when Slash was still in the band

Stephen Davis in his book Watch You Bleed:

The Rolling Stones were in L.A., working on the Bridges to Babylon album. Slash attended some of the sessions and noticed the atmosphere of mutual respect despite fairly intense personal differences. Slash told Keith Richards his problems, and Keith sternly advised Slash that it was a sacred trust never to leave your band. Others reminded him that Slash and Axl had created the greatest front-line collaboration of their era. This just made Slash's problems even worse.

So if he didn't listen to Keith back then I can't see him listening to Jimmy Page either. Besides I don't think it's Slash's choice at this stage.

my understanding is that led zeppelin didn't do any reuinion because of Robert Plant not wanting to--not because of Jimmy Page. He was busy touring with Allison Krauss. That was the excuse then, anyway.

I also believe Slash would do some sort of reunion if Axl would. Slash has said he doesn't see it happening lately and seems to be playing it cool but he would do it if Axl could bury the hatchet. However, I understand Axl's point of view wanting to respect his new "band" and all.

If Page wasn't a mess at the time, it's hard to say whether Led Zep would've carried on. I don't know if Robert would've wanted another drummer - it prob. would've been someone Black Sabbath had used like Cozy, who was on Pictures at Eleven.

Plant had to be talked back into working with them on Presence and In Through the Out Door.

Page and Jones wanted to keep going, they put all that time into rehearsing, but Plant flat out refused to do any more dates. So the Foo Fighters wound up having them as guests. They could have made some serious cash doing a short tour, or just booked more shows at the O2.

But at least Jimmy Page has new music coming out now, but said he doesn't want to load it with guest appearances.

• 2 weeks later...