Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stone

SKID ROW (Slave to the grind) Meets Judas Priest

10 posts in this topic

Excellent old-school (yet fresh-sounding) heavy metal! The vocals are a remarkable aspect of thier sound, like Skid Row meets Judas Priest, giving Hellchamber a unique edge. ”

Harvest Moon Music 2012

Untitled.jpg

Orginal Old School Thrash/Classic Metal and cover of Judas Priest's Hellion/Electric Eye.

(promo video)

l

http://www.facebook.com/Hellchambermetal

www.hellchamber.com

Bursting onto the scene less than a year ago, Hellchamber has just issued their self-titled, 3-track debut EP (which you can hear and download in its entirety on the band's ReverbNation page).

Hellchamber's sound fits squarely within the 3 Inches of Blood / White Wizzard retro metal arena, with voluminous riffs, fist-pumping beats, and scorching vocals. In fact, frontman Shane Stone's vocal style is eerily similar to that of his fellow countryman Sebastian Bach. Imagine, if you will, a caustic mix of Slave to the Grind era Skid Row and mid-'80s Judas Priest. For those whose imaginations are less than vivid, Hellchamber includes their cover of Priest's "The Hellion/Electric Eye" on the EP.

Fans of adrenaline-soaked, classic metal can do themselves a favor by staying up-to-date on Hellchamber's activities via their Facebook page - after consuming the band's EP, of course

http://www.harvestmoonmusic.com/2012/07/indie-spotlight-hellchamber.html

Edited by stone

Well the singer sounds like Sebastian.... tooooooo much.

Why the fuck doesn't Skid Row have this guy rather than the country guy they have now?

Haven't posted in this forum in years... just thought I'd have a peak.

I think this band actually sounds pretty good. I really like the singing, especially. Pretty awesome scream.

Thanks for checking us out and for the feedback! I get the sebastian thing but funny thing is when i first started singing my influances were rob halford, bruce dickinson, james hetfield and appetite era axl.. I didn't listen to skid row untill much later.

Edited by stone

Thanks for checking us out and for the feedback! I get the sebastian thing but funny thing is when i first started singing my influances were rob halford, bruce dickinson, james hetfield and appetite era axl.. I didn't listen to skid row untill much later.

its good stuff :thumbsup:

Sounds great it does remind me of Bach for sure. I like it. Sounds a lot like Angle Down except faster. Pretty cool.

Edited by rocker rockstar