Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Can anyone explain the royalites on AFD or UYI ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Carlos Castaneda

Carlos Castaneda

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • 15-January 12
I often see on this forum that Axl has enough money off the AFD royalties to live comfortably until he dies. I know royalties are a complicated mess, furthermore I know an artist only makes a nominal fee for record sales. Can anyone explain how much Axl might actually make off the album royalties, or is it just an overused statement on the these forums? MSL, surely you can create a formula to bring me some undertsanding of how accurate it is when a poster states that Axl should be fine for life off AFD. Does anyone here understand such things directly without sourcing a link?

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,595 posts
  • 31-March 04
Axl gets 1%?

We'll come back one day, we never really went away...

Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• Supporters
  • 15,254 posts
  • 10-May 08

I often see on this forum that Axl has enough money off the AFD royalties to live comfortably until he dies. I know royalties are a complicated mess, furthermore I know an artist only makes a nominal fee for record sales. Can anyone explain how much Axl might actually make off the album royalties, or is it just an overused statement on the these forums? MSL, surely you can create a formula to bring me some undertsanding of how accurate it is when a poster states that Axl should be fine for life off AFD. Does anyone here understand such things directly without sourcing a link?

MSL doesn't post here anymore.

dQOAHSG.png

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 36,595 posts
  • 31-March 04
30 cents per copy of AFD it seems.

Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac.

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 36,595 posts
  • 31-March 04
"listen to the money talk"

http://mistersaintla...gnr&thread=6767

Edited by wasted, 26 November 2012 - 06:11 AM.

GnR Chris

GnR Chris

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • 05-December 10
Why doesn't MSL post here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users