Did Axl Rehire Yoda?

ChristmasFnatic

Every time I read about this stuff I feel sorry for the people who trust these kinds of charlatans. They don´t help people, they take advantage of them, laugh at them and on top of that they earn lots of money. I wish Axl had had someone close to him who would love/appreciate him with honesty that would have slapped him to wake him up and make him see that these people were taking advantage of him and pulling his leg.

Axl's been a victim of such charlatans all his life, I even heard he went to Church as a kid.

Exactly,and a pentacostal church at that..now pentacosrals are a whole town of crazy within themselves, they believe in being baptized in the spirit,talking in tongues, they often attend 7 days a week, these are the "holy rollers" you hear about :scared:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some typical Pentecostal church practices/beliefs/doctrines

"We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and Godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing, women cutting their hair, make-up, amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church."

Under a section entitled 'Public School Activities' it is stated:

"We disapprove of school students attending shows, dances, dancing classes, theatres, engaging in school activities against their religious scruples, and wearing gymnasium clothes which immodestly expose the body.

"We disapprove of school students being forced to take co-educational classes which involve boys and girls being mixed together in swimming, calisthenics, baseball, and other mixed athletics while clothed in ungodly attire which immodestly exposes the body."

Teachings Not Included in the Articles of Faith

Referred to as standards or holiness teachings, there are teachings which are not covered in the Articles of Faith. Some are basically taught in all UPC churches, while others may be added by the individual pastor. Some ministers teach that your salvation is at stake if you do not abide by these rules.

For instance, there is an issue of sleeve length. Most would probably teach that a sleeveless shirt would be wrong to wear, without mandating how long the sleeve should be. Another may mandate sleeves be no shorter than the elbow, with others stipulating they must be to the wrist.

Shorts are normally taught against for both sexes. Some allow culottes on women, while others forbid them. Gauchos and capris are usually disallowed. My former District Superintendent once referred to gauchos as 'glorified pants.' Pants are not to be worn by women and men should not go shirtless.

Facial hair on men in many churches is discouraged and their hair should be short while a woman is never to cut or trim her hair. Long hair is translated to mean uncut hair in I Corinthians 11. Some teach a woman's spirituality and/or salvation hinges on whether or not she abides by this teaching. Others teach a woman has special power in her long, uncut hair. There are ministers who mandate that women wear their hair up.

Women are to wear dresses or skirts. Some require a set length, while others advise it should be at least to the knee. Pantyhose may or may not be required.

There are ministers who teach against all jewelry, while others will allow a pin, ring or watch. Others claim you'll be lost if you wear a wedding ring. It is interesting that in the very first edition of their official publication, The Pentecostal Herald, they offered a 'Jesus Saves' pin for sale. "Mounted on beautiful white Mother of Pearl! An ideal gift for Christmas, or prize for Sunday School." The price was $1.50, including tax. (My, have prices changed!)

Radio used to be spoken against. However, for years the UPC has been broadcasting a radio program. Movies are not allowed. Televisions should not be owned, however limited use of video was approved. (Yet if you want your license as a minister in the UPC, you are asked if you have a television in your home. If you answer 'yes', even if it is only for video purposes, your application will be denied at General Headquarters in Hazelwood, Missouri.) There is a resolution that will be presented to the ministers at the 2013 General Conference in the fall that seeks to remove the mention of television from their manual.

Video use is "strictly limited to those areas in which motion picture cameras and projectors are traditionally permitted to be used; namely, in taking of pictures of family, friends, and church activities, and the viewing of educational, religious, or inspirational films which are consistent with wholesome Christian principles. Be it further resolved that we restate our strong opposition to viewing of all worldly motion pictures and video films as are being shown commercially in theatres and on television for entertainment purposes for the ungodly masses, and the use of them in any form for God's people. Be it further resolved that all video receivers be so altered as to be unable to receive television channels. Be it further resolved that none of our ministers use video in any way except as herein provided."

The UPC passed positional papers against organized sports and the Revised Standard Version of the Bible. The King James Version is accepted as the "most accurate translation of the Scriptures to be used in our churches and among our people." The UPC also has a judicial procedure that is supposed to be followed when there is an accusation of wrongdoing against a minister or if one minister has a grievance with another minister

There must be differences in Pentecostal beliefs. I grew up in a form of Pentecostal belief/Holiness church. And while I was raised with a small amount of those beliefs.... We usually,the majority of the time,wore dresses especially to church. There were a few times we wore pants to church/church functions.

We were allowed to play sports,attend dances/proms,date,watch tv,have radios,go to the movies etc,etc,etc.

And although Axl up bringing was more strict than mine,I have a feeling he was raised more similar to my church upbringing. One,he has talked in interviews before about his step dad listening to Elvis,his step dad smacking him for staring at an ad on tv that had a woman in a bikini. So yes,at least in Axl's household,there was tv and radios. And there are pics of Axl involved in sports,wearing short shorts.

So not all Pentecostals live by the belief system posted above.

I grew up in a pentecoastal church.....can't say I miss the life style of being under lock and key and controlled. :shades:

Please share Sheri

Have had a bit of experience w/em myself, came down to a lot of mind control and guilt.Said that a person didn't have to commit a sin, just had to be thinking about it in Gods eyes. :scared:

They sure don't like television, had this tiny little Jesus that sat on top of the TV, said "would you be watching this with Jesus?" Well, I dunno bout that, dude turned Water into wine,and spent his time with thieves and whores. Comes down to being able to be spiritual without the imposed,man created constraints of religiousity...

There must be differences in Pentecostal beliefs. I grew up in a form of Pentecostal belief/Holiness church. And while I was raised with a small amount of those beliefs.... We usually,the majority of the time,wore dresses especially to church. There were a few times we wore pants to church/church functions.We were allowed to play sports,attend dances/proms,date,watch tv,have radios,go to the movies etc,etc,etc.And although Axl up bringing was more strict than mine,I have a feeling he was raised more similar to my church upbringing. One,he has talked in interviews before about his step dad listening to Elvis,his step dad smacking him for staring at an ad on tv that had a woman in a bikini. So yes,at least in Axl's household,there was tv and radios. And there are pics of Axl involved in sports,wearing short shorts.So not all Pentecostals live by the belief system posted above.

They are all a bit different in requirements/demands and you have several branches of the pentecostals..the UNPs, church of god, assemblies of god etc, etc.

Remember that pic, it was a track shirt.

Oh Good God Dalsh :D

Was beta responsible for bringing yoda and Elliot into Axl's world?

I fucking hope not. I'm not the world's biggest Team Brazil fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd like to think better of them than that.

"Though nobody knows precisely how he got involved, people who know him say Axl started visiting Sedona in the early nineties, sometimes travelling with Beta, his housekeeper, or Earl, his bodyguard."

from: What Happened To Axl Rose - The inside story of rock's most famous recluse

Rolling Stone, May 11th 2000

found here - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3351

other thread quoted from gnrevo - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11795

Edited by 77Jesters

i thought it was beta checking the vibes at trunk's interview. yoda died within the last few years. somebody posted some rumors here that her husband tried to replace her with a new guru, but axl didn't take the bait. the dude since remarried, and continues to post weird shit on the internet every once in a while.

That was me, I found an article saying Elliot was supposedly trying to replace Sharon with an equally oriental spiritual, will see if I can spy it out again.

Check out the Arcos Cielios website, those people are obscenely wealthy from a non profit business.

Guy graduated from some " Tree" university.

Here is the article HRS

Apparently much land in Canada was bought with

GNR $$'s, but her husband Eliott eventually had to sell

a lot of it after Yoda's death in an effort to support

other interests.

Apparently after her death Elliot offered up a Yoda

substitute in an attempt to keep the $$'s rolling in

"Yoda" style. She was also oriental and coached no

doubt.

I also heard that Axl got taken for seven figures by

these charlatans in Sedona. I suppose with exorcisms

at the discount price of $75,000 and weekend confabs

at $25,000 per head it wouldn't take long for the $$'s

to rack up.

Apparently certain staff members around Axl were

also required to pay a monthly retainer to Yoda of

$10,000. I'm sure it was money well spent Dougie.

Even funnier I have heard that the Maynards

themselves would occasionally let their loose lips

disparage and mock Axl. Lovely way to have treated

your cash cow!

You clown you never posted that, you lifted that quote verbatim from a post I made on this site months ago:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/196546-beta-doug-goldstein/page-4#entry3331173

Well no, they lifted it from here, http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11795 which predates your post here, but I'd guess is still you anyway!

Yep that's my username over there.

Hisroyalsweetness said someone posted some rumors about her on this site, which is what I showed in the link above. Yet Sailaway tried to claim posting it.

Really makes you think about how weak and fearful and desperate for answers axl must be that he could end up giving these clowns tons of money

Well no, they lifted it from here, http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11795 which predates your post here, but I'd guess is still you anyway!

Yep that's my username over there.

Hisroyalsweetness said someone posted some rumors about her on this site, which is what I showed in the link above. Yet Sailaway tried to claim posting it.

Thanks for the info! I knew sailaway didn't post it originally. I would have ignored it if that was the case. Thanks for sharing. Where did you get this info?

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Awesome. I love how he says his specialty is 'data mining' which he explains as reading things from books, then repeating the info in a way that makes it seem like he's taking credit for the knowledge.

It gets better

Meet Suzzi London, Axl's 'therapist', the one he brought on tour and cast in a mini skirt for the Don't Cry video:

picture_suzie_london.gif

Suzie London, MD/MA

She has been involved in the field of energetic healing for 28 years. A devastating car accident left her with a useless arm and no hope from allopathic medicine. Today her arm is perfect. Her search for help led her to the study of Energetic Medicine and an M.D., from the prestigious Medicina Alterniva of Colombo, Sri Lanka. Suzie also has her doctorate in Deha Dhamma Medicine, a 5,000-year-old system of keeping the body in balance. She is the only Western person to receive this honor.

http://www.spiritualplumbers.com/team.aspx

Was beta responsible for bringing yoda and Elliot into Axl's world?

I fucking hope not. I'm not the world's biggest Team Brazil fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd like to think better of them than that.

"Though nobody knows precisely how he got involved, people who know him say Axl started visiting Sedona in the early nineties, sometimes travelling with Beta, his housekeeper, or Earl, his bodyguard."

from: What Happened To Axl Rose - The inside story of rock's most famous recluse

Rolling Stone, May 11th 2000

found here - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3351

other thread quoted from gnrevo - http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=11795

So she did go with him. I already knew that she would if Axl asked though, it is the way of the clingon. Still curious if she initiated it or not.

Edited by Damn_Smooth