When Axl visited...Why did fans trash Oh My God?

184 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was anyone else taken aback by how much of a non-event the OMG release was? I mean, this was only five years or so after Guns had been the biggest band on the planet, and no one gave a fuck about this song. It wasn't like people were excited and there was all this buzz and then it came out and people didn't like it so it faded into obscurity. No. It came out and no one gave a fuck. It was like nothing happened at all. I remember being kinda bummed out about that.

I agree with you about the final release. But after waiting for such a long time - not knowing whether GnR was really dead or still alive - the unexpected leak was ever so exciting, no matter the crap, leak quality, I think it was the magic of hearing a brand new song seemingly coming out off the blue. I remember playing it on my PC, over and over and over again - and in spite of it's squeaking sounds I thought: Yay! They're back again!

Still like the song, but the final release didn't have the magic of the shitty leak. :) Bet you all are familiar with the feeling you get when you hear a full leak of a new song. No matter which period.

Oh, for sure. I wasn't talking about people like us. I was totally geeked out about it. :lol: I was talking more about sentiment among the general public.
  • Like 1

Was anyone else taken aback by how much of a non-event the OMG release was? I mean, this was only five years or so after Guns had been the biggest band on the planet, and no one gave a fuck about this song. It wasn't like people were excited and there was all this buzz and then it came out and people didn't like it so it faded into obscurity. No. It came out and no one gave a fuck. It was like nothing happened at all. I remember being kinda bummed out about that.

I agree with you about the final release. But after waiting for such a long time - not knowing whether GnR was really dead or still alive - the unexpected leak was ever so exciting, no matter the crap, leak quality, I think it was the magic of hearing a brand new song seemingly coming out off the blue. I remember playing it on my PC, over and over and over again - and in spite of it's squeaking sounds I thought: Yay! They're back again!

Still like the song, but the final release didn't have the magic of the shitty leak. :) Bet you all are familiar with the feeling you get when you hear a full leak of a new song. No matter which period.

Oh, for sure. I wasn't talking about people like us. I was totally geeked out about it. :lol: I was talking more about sentiment among the general public.

Yes, you're totally right about that.

When it came out, I bought the End of days soundtrack. Had the fucker on repeat for days. My old school cd player had the repeat track function...lol

At the time i was 17, I had missed the major GnR wave because i was too young, At the time i remember being hopeful of a new album that year..... I should have known better..

Edited by megaguns1982

I love Oh My God. The song was so powerful live when I heard it in person in Rock in Rio III. I wanted to smash skulls listening to it live lol

I always thought it was pretty much GN'R, The bass line sounds so GN'R to me, the last guitar solo too. Axl's voice is crazy and he's more aggressive than ever, the chorus is so fuckin' powerful and the guitar riffs are explosive. I personally believe this song deserves a second chance on a new album.

Why is this in chats/open letters? This is neither

The thread is about why people trashed OMG when Axl visited the forum to chat.

People in that old forum didn´t know Felix The Cat was Axl. They might found out at some later date. Had they known in advance that Axl would post maybe they would´ve been a little bit more polite. But that´s only speculation from my part. As I said earlier that forum was nothing more than a fulltime riot or a big garbbage can as Axl himself put it in his rant in RIR 2001. And Axl was naive to go there expecting constructive imput about that song.

I want it to be more of a chat about OMG tbh. The question is related to the song.

Putting this thread here was a bitch move.

You named the thread. It's all your fault. :P

As I said earlier that forum was nothing more than a fulltime riot or a big garbbage can as Axl himself put it in his rant in RIR 2001. And Axl was naive to go there expecting constructive imput about that song.

I disagree with this. Axl sees negativity everywhere because that's what he wants to see. Do people say bad shit about him? Sure. Did some people trash OMG? Sure. But people also say glowing things about him. And everyone on this fucking board loves that ginger piece of shit in their own way. To dismiss it all out of hand as garbage like Axl did is intellectually lazy at best and flat out stupid at worst. He was naive if he thought he would come to the forum and receive only praise; he's an idiot if he left focusing only on the negative.

I want it to be more of a chat about OMG tbh. The question is related to the song.

Putting this thread here was a bitch move.

You named the thread. It's all your fault. :P

As I said earlier that forum was nothing more than a fulltime riot or a big garbbage can as Axl himself put it in his rant in RIR 2001. And Axl was naive to go there expecting constructive imput about that song.

I disagree with this. Axl sees negativity everywhere because that's what he wants to see. Do people say bad shit about him? Sure. Did some people trash OMG? Sure. But people also say glowing things about him. And everyone on this fucking board loves that ginger piece of shit in their own way. To dismiss it all out of hand as garbage like Axl did is intellectually lazy at best and flat out stupid at worst. He was naive if he thought he would come to the forum and receive only praise; he's an idiot if he left focusing only on the negative.

The OMG question it was not the only thing that took place there. In that place they also trashed a fan who met Axl only because she said she met Axl. One day someone posted Beta´s phone number. Guess what? some people called. Next thing you know that place was gone.

Axl was naive. He is on denyal and he is arrogant. He think he is always right and everything that goes wrong is always someone else´s fault.