World of Warcraft

AtariLegend

It was only 1 patch ish :P. 6.1 was basically hotfixes and "an added in gamr selfies feature" that some devs probably came up with 1 weekend. Hellfire Citadel was the only thing released in a patch not originally intended for launch. They never finished alot of content on Beta, then scrapped it. They even pushed back Black Rock Foundry which ironically was finished by 2 months so that people thought the content was a bit more spread out.

I can't believe this is the same company. MOP was a pretty good expansion if you ignored the endless final tier that every expansion has had, however this one is just over half a year old. No idea what's going on. This is like half the content of MOP, how can a company with so many subscribers that makes so much money seriously try to push less content per an expansion at a much higher price.

In the unlikely event the next expansion comes out in several months, which is never going to happen, then it's still not enough. Why put more time into the next expansion, when they can't be bothered fixing this.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 1 month later...

So what do you guys think about Legion? I would've liked it if WoW wasn't beyond unsavable already. The game is DEAD. The recent subdrop from Q2-Q3 says it all tbh.

Subs will rise again at launch.

The map is just them rehashing the Pandaira/Draenor map. The design's are always the same. Looks like alot of this expansion will just be remodeled Wrath content without the snow. They couldn't even finish WOD on Beta since they were supposedly working on this at the same time. I'm not looking forward to this.

2 raids advertised and out of the dungeons, there's the standard remake... this time of Violet Hold. I guess there'll only be 1 major patch next expansion too like this? They're obviously thinking the Warcraft movie will boost sub numbers, so they'll rush this out and probably scrap a zone or two. I'm guessing class artifact weapons will be the first thing to be scrapped.

I was actually looking forward to the possibly a Queen Azhara raid along with the forum nuts, but after seeing them failing to address any of the issues from WOD Beta and then scrapping stuff my fandom sank.

I know the casuals loved the idea of Demon Hunters and pretending Illidan doesn't die at the end of Black Temple, but Demon Hunters basically were just meelee Warlocks in Warcraft 3.

Panel001.jpg

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

They try to cather to 13 year old kids now with this redicilous content. The more I learn about this expansion the more every excitement that I still had for this franchise fades. Please kill World of Warcraft already and restore your dignity with a well-written Warcraft IV.

^^ The more depressing part about your 1st sentence was that I was 13 when I 1st started playing this game in the Vanilla days, 10 years ago, and it was glorious to experience at that time. To me, though, Burning Crusade was a very impeccable bar for me in terms of personal playing and overall content. I wouldn't mind coming back for this expansion after a long wait (hadn't played since the end of BC), but I'm so uncertain if it's going to be worth it.

So what do you guys think about Legion? I would've liked it if WoW wasn't beyond unsavable already. The game is DEAD. The recent subdrop from Q2-Q3 says it all tbh.

Subs will rise again at launch.

Perhaps but they are right back to the level of late Pandaria subscriptions which was the lowest point WoW ever saw. They spike around expansion releases and patches but quickly shoot back down now. WoD embarrassed them. It only took a few months in for the subs to go back to pre-release.

That is what happens when you half ass the content, cut out many things you promised to be in the game and treat your base like they aren't smart enough to know what they really want.

The tokens are pure damage control. It's stopping the leaks right now by keeping people around that would rather not pay real money. They better get their head out of their ass if they want to keep their jobs. Ghostcrawler's stupid ass already learned his lesson the hard way.

• 2 months later...

I think the bigger news is their long wait for the next XPAC. The people on the forums have been going apeshit. I was planning to resub but after seeing that long wait with no new content patches planned, I just don't think so.

2wd5x01.png

This was before the rumor and possible announcement of it releasing next fall(at best the summer).

One major patch is a disgrace for an mmo. That's what we got.

An unfinished expansion where they cut content and failed to deliver on promises and addressed none of the concerns about end game on Beta. The Major patch itself 6.2 should have been launch content.

2 raid tiers and only 3 raids between them. They stunted the release of Blackrock Foundry which was as finished as Highmaul on Beta and just tried to pass it off as 6.1 content, to hide the fact that 6.1 was basically just a patch that fixed bugs and added selfies.

The end game is fucked and even if you like Hellfire, you'll be playing it for almost another year.

Really disgusted and not optimistic about Legion in the slightest.

Too expensive to play this game and they raised prices here in the UK last year. Then they put what should have been Reputation Mounts like the Fey Dragon/Reavers on the Blizzstore instead and just put the 17th recolor of generic boars/wolfs priced at 50K in game.

I think I there were rumblings that they won't be releasing subscriber numbers anymore? Not a surprise.

just an observer,i have a feeling WoW is going to go F2P. i know its been talked about in the past but with the content trickling out and with blizzard not announcing subs anymore it seems they are going to go that way IMO. it seems this is what happens before a major MMO changes over.

just an observer,i have a feeling WoW is going to go F2P. i know its been talked about in the past but with the content trickling out and with blizzard not announcing subs anymore it seems they are going to go that way IMO. it seems this is what happens before a major MMO changes over.

Problem is it's the biggest MMO in the world. Blizzard-Activision are making ridiculous amounts from it. They could literally still lose 90% of the subscribers now despite losing 5 mill odd since the launch of this expansion and still be very profitable.

Ironically though they introduced Game Time (30 days) tokens that you can buy on the AH for around 61K or £15 in the EU atm assuming you want to grind. No way of knowing if this factors into the recent subscriber numbers or not.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...