Axls Band

T.wa.T

Hey Marc, can you give us some insight as to whether the other members looked at Guns n Roses as Axls band?

We know that in front of the camera they all had the "us against the world" mentality or the "we do it as a band", thing going on but did the musicians in the band recognize & acknowledge Guns n Roses as Axls band behind the scenes off camera??

• 2 weeks later...

Marc- with respect to the band (the true band...AFD-the beginnings of UYI era) do you think that Axl misses being in a 'band'? He's (for a lot of reasons) had a revolving door of hired hands since then and ran things more as a dictator vs having band mates (like when they were a 'gang) to bounce ideas off and have true impact. I'm sure AFD was truly written and influenced by all of them and as time went on it became more & more the Axl Rose show. I don't think he'll ever cede power but that'd probably be what he needs to do.... I wonder what would have happened (as much as I personally can't stand "Guns n Roses" post Slash & Duff etc,..) if Axl had managed to keep a 'band' together all these years with (I forget the members of the 1st incarnation of the "Nu Guns") vs his continued revolving door of hired musicians. Your thoughts?

I´m sure he rather be with the old band. But he knows they will never be his employees. He knows they won´t tolerate his behavior. So Axl is better off this way, with yes man and band mates that come and go. He is still in charge. That´s what matters to him the most. Of course the key here is Axl owns the name. The question is what if Axl wasn´t the only owner of the name.

Marc- with respect to the band (the true band...AFD-the beginnings of UYI era) do you think that Axl misses being in a 'band'? He's (for a lot of reasons) had a revolving door of hired hands since then and ran things more as a dictator vs having band mates (like when they were a 'gang) to bounce ideas off and have true impact. I'm sure AFD was truly written and influenced by all of them and as time went on it became more & more the Axl Rose show. I don't think he'll ever cede power but that'd probably be what he needs to do.... I wonder what would have happened (as much as I personally can't stand "Guns n Roses" post Slash & Duff etc,..) if Axl had managed to keep a 'band' together all these years with (I forget the members of the 1st incarnation of the "Nu Guns") vs his continued revolving door of hired musicians. Your thoughts?

Axl didn't want Slash,Duff or Izzy to leave. They just had to split because it was not working for them anymore. Things change, they were together for 10 years and then they found out that they were no longer on the same page anymore. As far as the new band ,my guess is that people want the band to move faster then it did as far as getting new music out and at some point left.