2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

18 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

So I go to set my lineup for my FF team and see one of my RB's Michaels was cut by Seattle which surprised me a little as he has not been terrible this year. I put in my bids for a a RB to replace him and a WR to replace Ty Montgomery and start thinking Michaels might be a good pickup for the Pack....Sure enough The Pack gets him on waivers this afternoon so maybe I go back and cancel my waiver claim?

I put a bid in on his replacement in Seattle, Prosise but what are peoples thought on his impact with the Pack? Is he worth keeping being he will split carries with Starks?

I don't put much stock in Mike McCarthy committing to the running game

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm at the point where I'm more depressed about wins than I am losses.

I want those draft picks. I know, I know, I'm the worst. 

:lol: You sound like me as a Bucks/Brewers fan!

That being said, this win gives me confidence that we can possibly sneak into the playoffs...and lose right away. Not that this year is guaranteeing anything, but if we win the games remaining on our schedule that we should (Hou, at Chicago, Minny), get out of the one game I think we can afford to lose without injuries (SEA) and win the toss-up game (at Detroit), I think we can still win the division. 

Minny has been about as bad as we've been lately, plus they have Bradford as a QB. Detroit has trailed in every single game this year in the 4th(!), which isn't sustainable for winning, imo. Either way if we win the division we'll probably lose in the divisional round at the latest. 

12 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

That being said, this win gives me confidence that we can possibly sneak into the playoffs...and lose right away. Not that this year is guaranteeing anything, but if we win the games remaining on our schedule that we should (Hou, at Chicago, Minny), get out of the one game I think we can afford to lose without injuries (SEA) and win the toss-up game (at Detroit), I think we can still win the division. 

Minny has been about as bad as we've been lately, plus they have Bradford as a QB. Detroit has trailed in every single game this year in the 4th(!), which isn't sustainable for winning, imo. Either way if we win the division we'll probably lose in the divisional round at the latest. 

:D good luck with that

10 hours ago, Crazyman said:

this team desperately needs to draft playmakers so why would you want to make the playoffs unless they have a real chance to win the SB?

The Eagles are a mediocre team so I would not get too excited about this weeks win..... I still think we are going to have a losing season but maybe just good enough to not end up with a high Draft pick which would be unfortunate.....

7 hours ago, classicrawker said:

this team desperately needs to draft playmakers so why would you want to make the playoffs unless they have a real chance to win the SB?

The Eagles are a mediocre team so I would not get too excited about this weeks win..... I still think we are going to have a losing season but maybe just good enough to not end up with a high Draft pick which would be unfortunate.....

Our shitty, receiever-less team (except for JanisGawd!) were a 2 point conversion attempt away from going to the NFC championship game last year. As long as Aaron is on, which he's proven to be lately, we have a chance. If we get healthy on the defensive side of the ball we could at least make it interesting.

As for the playmakers thing - that's on TT. You want a higher pick? For what? So he can waste it on an A.J Hawk? We've drafted defense in the first round the past 5 years, and in 2009 we drafted 2 defensive players in the first round. Stockpiling wasted, shitty picks (not saying all were wasted/shitty, but returns have been "meh" so far) isn't going to help - it's TT getting off his ass and signing depth during free agency/not relying on ~10 undrafted free agents. 

On offense who would we draft? There's no receivers that are game changers in this draft. Fournette/Cook would be nice, but you already know TT isn't drafting either of them in the first. Even if we suck we're drafting 10th at the earliest - there's no gamechanger on defense at that spot in this draft. I'm all for tanking, but this is not the year to do it. 

Edited by Crazyman

27 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Our shitty, receiever-less team (except for JanisGawd!) were a 2 point conversion attempt away from going to the NFC championship game last year. As long as Aaron is on, which he's proven to be lately, we have a chance. If we get healthy on the defensive side of the ball we could at least make it interesting.

As for the playmakers thing - that's on TT. You want a higher pick? For what? So he can waste it on an A.J Hawk? We've drafted defense in the first round the past 5 years, and in 2009 we drafted 2 defensive players in the first round. Stockpiling wasted, shitty picks (not saying all were wasted/shitty, but returns have been "meh" so far) isn't going to help - it's TT getting off his ass and signing depth during free agency/not relying on ~10 undrafted free agents. 

On offense who would we draft? There's no receivers that are game changers in this draft. Fournette/Cook would be nice, but you already know TT isn't drafting either of them in the first. Even if we suck we're drafting 10th at the earliest - there's no gamechanger on defense at that spot in this draft. I'm all for tanking, but this is not the year to do it. 

We are a different team this year compared to last years team........Aaron certainly gives us a chance to score some points but any playoff team with an elite QB will carve up our defense like a Thanksgiving turkey so why would you want us to go to the playoffs only to get our ass kicked the first round. Face it mate we are not a SB team and, while I hate to see them lose, the better draft picks we get the better chance we have of getting a quality impact player. drafting 10th certainly gives us a better chance of getting starting talent than 20+ like we do every year..........Maybe TT breaks with philosophy and signs some FA talent but I would not count on it so the draft determines our future............

And you boy Janis is terrible..can't run routes and drops passes...........he is not even performing on ST's this year.....he can't survive forever on his one good game  so I predict he is a goner next year..............

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i LOVE this! 

Well so are the Packers this year but this should not be news to anyone who follows the NFL should it?

23 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Well so are the Packers this year but this should not be news to anyone who follows the NFL should it?

did i say the Packers were good this year? NO! and FYI i have followed the NFL since i can remember. maybe you think women know nothing about football??? Wrong! and somewhat stereotypical. or maybe you're just a Cowboys jealous hater?? BTW i grew up in Texas where football is akin to religion! so whatever your snide remark meant you are WRONG! capeche???

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

14 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

We are a different team this year compared to last years team........Aaron certainly gives us a chance to score some points but any playoff team with an elite QB will carve up our defense like a Thanksgiving turkey so why would you want us to go to the playoffs only to get our ass kicked the first round. Face it mate we are not a SB team and, while I hate to see them lose, the better draft picks we get the better chance we have of getting a quality impact player. drafting 10th certainly gives us a better chance of getting starting talent than 20+ like we do every year..........Maybe TT breaks with philosophy and signs some FA talent but I would not count on it so the draft determines our future............

And you boy Janis is terrible..can't run routes and drops passes...........he is not even performing on ST's this year.....he can't survive forever on his one good game  so I predict he is a goner next year..............

This league has featured average teams (record-wise) decimated by injuries get hot at the right moment and go to the Super Bowl (and win). Do I think that'll happen for the Packers this year? Absolutely not. I agree we aren't a Super Bowl team, but tanking for the sake of tanking (particularly in this years draft) is a terrible idea.

I doubt TT does anything drastically different. You know what team has done the exact same thing as us - i.e drafting defense players first for the past 5 years? The Patriots. In fact, outside of 2011 when they drafted an offensive tackle (the same year we did), they've drafted defense since 2006! The earliest they've picked a defense player during that time? 10th, when they picked Jerod Mayo in 2008. Mayo just retired, similar to BJ Raji, who we picked 9th in 2009. 

The difference is that BB is making his picks count. We aren't. Drafting higher doesn't mean we draft better. Justin Harrell and AJ Hawk are the counter examples to a B.J Raji; we picked Clay Matthews in the 20's. Hell, we picked Aaron in the 20's too. The only way we get a game changer on defense is if we draft top 5, which we won't be. I'd rather make the playoffs this year and get bounced in the divisional round than try and tank and draft at #10.

The Janis comment is kinda sarcasm at this point. I jumped off that bandwagon (which I was on since we drafted him, btw!) last week :lol:

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

did i say the Packers were good this year? NO! and FYI i have followed the NFL since i can remember. maybe you think women know nothing about football??? Wrong! and somewhat stereotypical. or maybe you're just a Cowboys jealous hater?? BTW i grew up in Texas where football is akin to religion! so whatever your snide remark meant you are WRONG! capeche???

you completely missed my point AFR as I was not challenging your football knowledge just comparing the Packers to the Eagles as both are mediocre teams this year.. Also I had no idea what your gender is so that had no beating on my post....I apologize  if you were offended but that was not my intent.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crazyman said:

This league has featured average teams (record-wise) decimated by injuries get hot at the right moment and go to the Super Bowl (and win). Do I think that'll happen for the Packers this year? Absolutely not. I agree we aren't a Super Bowl team, but tanking for the sake of tanking (particularly in this years draft) is a terrible idea.

I doubt TT does anything drastically different. You know what team has done the exact same thing as us - i.e drafting defense players first for the past 5 years? The Patriots. In fact, outside of 2011 when they drafted an offensive tackle (the same year we did), they've drafted defense since 2006! The earliest they've picked a defense player during that time? 10th, when they picked Jerod Mayo in 2008. Mayo just retired, similar to BJ Raji, who we picked 9th in 2009. 

The difference is that BB is making his picks count. We aren't. Drafting higher doesn't mean we draft better. Justin Harrell and AJ Hawk are the counter examples to a B.J Raji; we picked Clay Matthews in the 20's. Hell, we picked Aaron in the 20's too. The only way we get a game changer on defense is if we draft top 5, which we won't be. I'd rather make the playoffs this year and get bounced in the divisional round than try and tank and draft at #10.

The Janis comment is kinda sarcasm at this point. I jumped off that bandwagon (which I was on since we drafted him, btw!) last week :lol:

I don't disagree TT's recent drafts have not been stellar but he has a much better chance of getting superior talent at 10 then he does above the 20th pick and you don't have pick top 5 to gt an impact player it just makes it more likely IMHO....as fat as Hawk goes he was the consensus safest pick in the draft as far as being successful and a prjected future AllPro according to the "experts" so it was not like he was considered a reach so I don't blame TT for that...if anything I think he does mot take enough risks on high reward talent and plays it safe too much...

I don't want the Packers to tank but if they are not going to the SB I would not mind them losing to get better draft position as we have a lot of needs going into next season....

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sorry, just used to guys treating me like a. i know nothing about football cos i'm female and b. used to having to defend my liking the Cowboys. mea culpa 

no worries I can see where my post might be interpreted as you did and I am sorry for that.......believe me I know what it is like to have others hate my favorite team as I am a NY Yankee fan living in Red Sox country.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, classicrawker said:

no worries I can see where my post might be interpreted as you did and I am sorry for that.......believe me I know what it is like to have others hate my favorite team as I am a NY Yankee fan living in Red Sox country.....

yeah and i live in Whiner country...it sucks :(

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

The Packers have drafted great except when they've missed big on DL. They haven't retained CB talent either. 

The 2010 team worked, and just barely, because Jenkins/Wilson/Pickett were a force up front and Collins was a HOF caliber player in the back. You can have just guys elsewhere with that level of production. It's not dissimilar to the Seahawks even though they run a 4-3. 

Amen on the first point. Hayward is really making the Packers look bad for letting him go.

Jenkins: Undrafted
Wilson: 7th round pick
Pickett: FA

In fact, the basis of that defense was really put together starting in 2005/6 - Collins, Poppinga and Hawk drafted during those years. Bigby and Williams signed as UDFA, Pickett and Collins signed as FA's. Raji (played by far his best football) and Matthews (drafted in the 20's) in 2009. 

See Ted, you need to mix it up a bit. Charles Woodson isn't gonna fall into our laps again but we do need diversity and depth. Howard Green was a great pickup that year too. Our drafts/FA's from the last 5 years isn't scaring anyone...

13 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'd prefer having House over Hayward.

I haven't seen much on the latter since leaving GB so I could be wrong.

He leads the league in pass deflections and has 6 picks. Playing much like his rookie season, not so much the last few years. 

House was always pretty overrated to me, especially since he got an extra year and more money than Hayward did. 

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

House was a shut down corner his last year in GB. Hayward on the other hand was garbo. But those numbers are very impressive. 

Shut down is a bit extreme, imo. He was great (and way better than Hayward) that last year, but I think the Packers still did the right thing in offering 4 years/$17 mil. Then again I haven't really paid attention to him in Jacksonville either :lol:

I was at that Falcons game where Shields kept getting toast by Julio and eventually got replaced by House, who did a much better job of slowing him down.

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

imma let y'all talk but first i wanna say thanks Washington Deadskins! my 'Boys are in the playoffs! rock3

You should thank the Steelers too because now there's almost no way the Super Bowl path through the NFC doesn't go through Jerry's World.

Then again I think the Giants would've had to win out and the Cowboys lose out, and there was no way either of those were gonna happen. 

That being said, a certain team of Packers from Green Bay won a Super Bowl in that stadium...also I have a favor to ask. Please don't clinch the #1 seed until you play the Lions. Just asking for a friend! :)

Edit: just to update a previous post on Casey Hayward - 7 ints, 24 passes broken up. Shut down Mike Evans yesterday. Needless to say, it was a mistake not to resign him.

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

omg you have no idea how hard it was for me to watch that Steelers Giants game because i hate them both like poison! but i had to root for the Steelers of course.

55 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

You should thank the Steelers too because now there's almost no way the Super Bowl path through the NFC doesn't go through Jerry's World.

Then again I think the Giants would've had to win out and the Cowboys lose out, and there was no way either of those were gonna happen. 

That being said, a certain team of Packers from Green Bay won a Super Bowl in that stadium...also I have a favor to ask. Please don't clinch the #1 seed until you play the Lions. Just asking for a friend! :)

Edit: just to update a previous post on Casey Hayward - 7 ints, 24 passes broken up. Shut down Mike Evans yesterday. Needless to say, it was a mistake not to resign him.

hahaha@ for a friend. when i meet my boyfriend Jason Witten i'll ask :P

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

omg you have no idea how hard it was for me to watch that Steelers Giants game because i hate them both like poison! but i had to root for the Steelers of course.

hahaha@ for a friend. when i meet my boyfriend Jason Witten i'll ask :P

The Steelers are actually my favorite AFC team :P

Jason Witten is golden in my book - awesome dude, plus he helped my fantasy team win the championship last year!

• Like 1