Updated Robin Chinese Songwriting credits/Chinese solos

just got this from fincktheworld:

songwriting credit for better

and uncredited Robin writing credits on CD from ASCAP which are Catcher, Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams, TWAT, IRS, and TIL

and Robin Chinese solos: Chinese Democracy, Better, Street of Dreams, There was a Time, Catcher, IRS, and TIL!

• Like 1

it's new news because many thought Robin just written the Better song and no other Chinese songs

but according to a official source that is ASCAP...Robin has many more Chinese songwriting credits nobody really knew about

and in the past there's been confusion on what released Chinese songs so far Robin has solos on and this makes it official

• Like 1

it's new news because many thought Robin just written the Better song and no other Chinese songs

but according to a official source that is ASCAP...Robin has many more Chinese songwriting credits nobody really knew about

and in the past there's been confusion on what released Chinese songs so far Robin has solos on and this makes it official

You can't contain yourself cause DJ left, but just because there's an open spot in hell, doesn't mean Robin will come back for more after 10 years. And you know he said he is working on his solo album.

Better is a great song though, and I believe there are many more great Guns songs Robin is responsible for and some of those will probably make it on CD ll if it's ever released.

I think that because I believe every word Robin ever said in interviews. He talked about a shit load of songs he wrote and recorded, and said some of his favorite guitar moments in Guns are not even on Chinese.

To me that means there's at least a few great unreleased Robin solos and more songs he brought in.

I don't question his ability to come up with great ideas. I don't think Better was a fluke. I think Axl just thought those specific 14 songs worked together well for Chinese, and even though Robin contributed as a writer to 7 songs on Chinese, Better is the only song that made it on Chinese that was really his vision instrumentally, he brought in most of the main instrumental ideas and Fortus and Bucket came up with important ideas for it as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robin is all over CD ll. He was the main guitar player after Slash left.

Edited by Rovim

many thought robin only written one gnr song called better. but robin's written many gnr songs that've been released publicly so far

and there's probably more guns songs he's written on CD2. and robin is a AWESOME song/writer for Guns N' Roses

and if CD2 is mainly Robin Finck and Buckethead and Brain too...CD2 might TOP CD1 and be the best ROCK CD EVER!

• Like 1

And you know he said he is working on his solo album.

I highly doubt he's seriously working on it like his main project, so I really don't think that would be an impediment for him joining GN'R. There sure are plenty of other obstacles...

Still, I'd love to hear a solo album one day, he's a very creative guitar player, a true artist imo