Time to do this

Yamisonic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ringo has sung some good songs that suit his voice like With a Little Help, Octopus Garden and If Youve Got Troubles. One of his latest albums, Ringorama, is fvckin amazing, check the George tribute song 'Never Without You'.

And I don't care what people say about Macca, 'Yesterday','Hey Jude' and 'Let it Be' alone justify that he's a freaking genious

For some reason are you in DM's Beatles Forums?

yep, Im registered there :)

What's your username in that forum?

It's "Tontini", because Yamisonic was taken. I post there regularly. Are you the Bruno there, or another name?

I never liked the Beatles, till a few monthes ago.

At first I was abroad with my family and had a cd player, I only had my sister's "1" album so I tried it, it was the worst cd I'v heard then.

But then I grew up, I like oasis since I was like 14 and saw how the constantly contribute the Beatles so I thought what the heck, I started to listen to Lennon's work, and I liked it, then I got into the Beatles.

but "Getting into the Beatles" I mean enjoying _some_ songs.. I'm not addicted to them.

Also, I liked the movie "I am Sam" and the movie is all about the Beatles so..

Yeah.

Angus is a great guitarist. Fuck whatever the plebs say about him being a purveyor of purloined riffs and a self-plaigairst. He's the man. Phil Rudd is a mediocre drummer. Malcolm works great as a co-lead/rhythm guitarist. Williams is responsible for some sturdy basswork, but he's not fantastic. Bon Scott is incredible, and some of Johnson's vocal work is tremendous.

As for the lyrics, they're big, dumb and saucy. And, for a band that's unashamedly big, dumb and saucy, they work fine. The music is great. Shit, I really need to finish off my AC/DC collection. I also need to dig out all my old AC/DC albums, as it's been yonks since I listened to them.

It's all about how bands are presented. AC/DC have never pretended to be intellectually challenging, involving or innovative. They stick to what they're good at. I criticise bands when people overrate them.

Yeah.

Angus is a great guitarist. Fuck whatever the plebs say about him being a purveyor of purloined riffs and a self-plaigairst. He's the man. Phil Rudd is a mediocre drummer. Malcolm works great as a co-lead/rhythm guitarist. Williams is responsible for some sturdy basswork, but he's not fantastic. Bon Scott is incredible, and some of Johnson's vocal work is tremendous.

As for the lyrics, they're big, dumb and saucy. And, for a band that's unashamedly big, dumb and saucy, they work fine. The music is great. Shit, I really need to finish off my AC/DC collection. I also need to dig out all my old AC/DC albums, as it's been yonks since I listened to them.

It's all about how bands are presented. AC/DC have never pretended to be intellectually challenging, involving or innovative. They stick to what they're good at. I criticise bands when people overrate them.

About the overrated part... Mind that kids this day like AC/DC 100000 times over the Beatles!

So selling copies equals musical talent? Well if that is true then during these past few months we have witnessed 50 Cent rise to legendary status. He has sold like 2 million copies already so that must mean that he is a master at his craft,right? I didn't say he wasn't a success before his murder,I said it is why he has been catapulted to the status he is at. As for respect, why the hell does he deserve my respect? Did he somehow help me or influence my life in any way? Does the estate of John Lennon pay my taxes? Music is a lot of things and one of those things is called "opinion". You are being rude and pathetic.

You compare John Lennon to 50 cent you should shut the fuck up for christ sake.

John Lennon is one of the most influencial artist of modern pop culture and you say he's overrated and can't play, sing or write. I didn't insult you I just said that someone who knows something about music will laugh when he hears what you say about John Lennon.

There's nothing rude in it it's the ugly truth my friend-.

So selling copies equals musical talent? Well if that is true then during these past few months we have witnessed 50 Cent rise to legendary status. He has sold like 2 million copies already so that must mean that he is a master at his craft,right? I didn't say he wasn't a success before his murder,I said it is why he has been catapulted to the status he is at. As for respect, why the hell does he deserve my respect? Did he somehow help me or influence my life in any way? Does the estate of John Lennon pay my taxes? Music is a lot of things and one of those things is called "opinion". You are being rude and pathetic.

John Lennon is one of the most influencial artist of modern pop culture and you say he's overrated and can't play, sing or write. I didn't insult you I just said that someone who knows something about music will laugh when he hears what you say about John Lennon.

who would win in a fight? 50 Cent or John Lennon?

I say 50 Cent would kick the shit out of Lennon.

Edited by there is no dana only zool

who would win in a fight? 50 Cent or John Lennon?

I say 50 Cent would kick the shit out of Lennon.

No one gives a FLYING FUCK about that, man, we're talking about music.

Mybe they have some good albums, but they have really boring songs as well. Ringo Star is the worst drummer I've ever heard he always plays the same beat.

There are worse, I tell you.

Well, Ringo couldn't play drum patterns like a Blink 182 song because the Beatles made quiet rock n' roll music.

Ringo could drum, and that has been proved by most music critics.

Otherwise it would be the "Fab 3", don't you think?

The Beatles were gods... Talented, inovative, genius... The clues they left behind for the supposed death of paul was genius!!!

:lol:

Yes, the clues were great! Peep this! Im 14, in love with the Beatles and any other music of the time. I may not know much, but what I do know for sure is that if it wasn't for the Beatles, we wouldn't have the music we have now. They are all influenced by The Beatles one way or another. They changed the face of music and we should all be thankful! Thank you, John, Paul, Ringo, George, & that dude that replaced Paul after he "died!" :lol:

To the discussion about Ringo's drumming. I think some of his best drumming is in the song "Help!" But thats just me :D

The Beatles were gods... Talented, inovative, genius... The clues they left behind for the supposed death of paul was genius!!!

:lol:

Yes, the clues were great! Peep this! Im 14, in love with the Beatles and any other music of the time. I may not know much, but what I do know for sure is that if it wasn't for the Beatles, we wouldn't have the music we have now. They are all influenced by The Beatles one way or another. They changed the face of music and we should all be thankful! Thank you, John, Paul, Ringo, George, & that dude that replaced Paul after he "died!" :lol:

To the discussion about Ringo's drumming. I think some of his best drumming is in the song "Help!" But thats just me :D

hey man u sound pretty cool... rock3

I like most of thier stuff after 1966 , because it was more rockin' and creative , this is when they took chances lyrically and musically as well and brought in more influences , thier early stuff was just too washy pop fodder that was geared toward the teen market like today's pop ( I Wanna hold you're hand :rolleyes: please ) but when they grew as a band they became much more intresting and desevre the accolades they get . I also happen to think Ringo sings alright , at least on " It Don't Come Easy" , he's always been my favorite Beatle anyway .

P.S. Stones are still better B) ;)

Peace GnR Nation B)